Loss of culture.

blinky501

Chieftain
So I am playing a game as Pocatello on large continents, with quick speed on warlord difficulty. I am dominating the game in all aspects culture, military, and economically. Anyways when I entered the information era with the discovery of telecommunications my culture dropped by about 100 points. I am not sure exactly how much it dropped but I was getting over 1,000 culture per turn now I am 912 culture per turn. What happened? this is my first playthrough with the expansions installed so the information age is new to me. does anybody know what happened? is this normal when you enter the information age? I am attachning the game so maybe someone can find the answer there. At the save point I just discovered telecommunications at the start of the turn.

thanks
blinky501

Attachments

• McIver Pocatello_0258 AD-1976.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
You have some conquered puppet cities that are generating 0 culture per turn. Puppet cities sometimes change when puppeted and then change again unknowingly when the puppets start to build by themselves. The culture difference doesn't have much to do with the technology.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Do you ean that I ad puppeteed cities tat produced 0 culture and then I annexed them which caused my culture to go down. The only way I know for culture to decrease is if I lose a cs that provides me with culture that is no-longer an ally. How else can you lose culture.

Thanks

Or a cultural CS drops from friend to non-friend. Or your cities stopped working culture giving tiles (e.g., landmarks, pantheon culture-giving tiles). Or you lost a particular religion in some cities.

Or the big one -- a Golden Age ended -- instant 20% drop in culture output.

Top Bottom