Eye witness to cheating?

Zaimejs

Emperor
A couple of issues.

1. I have taken the path of honor. So barbarian camps should be revealed, but one is just a few tiles from my city, and I don't see it until my settler stumbles upon it.

2. There is a warrior in the camp. My settler is two tiles away with a river between them. I'm thinking, he can't move and cross the river to take my settler in one turn, right? Because it costs a move to cross a river.

Nope. Takes my settler. Now here is now I know it was cheating. After he takes my settler, the next turn he crosses the river, but he can't get back to the camp because it takes TWO MOVES to cross the fricking river.

Help me understand.

Your allowed to cross a river if you have only 1 move left. So warrior moves once to a normal plain tile then he uses his last move to cross the river and take your settler.

and when the barb camps spawns before you have taken honor, it will not tell you where it is... honor only tells you about the camps that spawn, not existing camps you do not know about. And if that barb camp spawns in undiscovered territory, honor will NOT alert you to its presence.

As for the movement, one move to reach the river, and then cross the river... take settler. Just as your unit can do. Return to camp cross river, all movement used, another turn to reach camp... any unit can cross a river if it has any movement left.

TLHeart--are you sure about that.

When I've taken Honor, I've suddenly been notified of a half-dozen barb camps. Are you saying that those six just happened to spawn at the exact time I took Honor? And some of those were undiscovered territory.

It definitely needs to be in explored territory, it won't show up in the white cloud jazz

And some of those were undiscovered territory.

The only time I've gotten notifications about barb camps in undiscovered (fog of war) territory is when the city states offer a quest to destroy that camp. I guess if that happened on the same turn you unlocked Honor, you might mix the two types of reveals up in your mind?

Maybe that was it, Espartafilardo. But if so, it was a CS I never met. I had some camps show up on a another continent near me, and I had never explored it in anyway whatsoever.

The other ones were near city states that I had met, but in territory near them that I hadn't explored. They showed up in the white fog.

A few were in areas I had explored, but in the unlit section (i.e., not fog, but the dark) near my territory.

OH my god, Honor reveals the location of barbarian encampment, not spawn them.

Its always been there you just didn't know because you didn't patrol.

I thought that when new barbarians spawned in explored territory, it showed them... maybe I'm insane. But I won my first immortal duel!

I thought that when new barbarians spawned in explored territory, it showed them... maybe I'm insane. But I won my first immortal duel!

Only if you take the honor opener. Otherwise you have to manually light the hexes up with your units to find them or cultural borders either works.

On rare circumstances I've had a border expand then discover a barbarian encampment that I missed because I never patrolled there xD

TLHeart--are you sure about that.

When I've taken Honor, I've suddenly been notified of a half-dozen barb camps. Are you saying that those six just happened to spawn at the exact time I took Honor? And some of those were undiscovered territory.

Yes I am sure.

OH my god, Honor reveals the location of barbarian encampment, not spawn them.

Its always been there you just didn't know because you didn't patrol.

taking honor only reveals a barb camp when the camp spawns...

If the camp spawned before you took honor, then no notification from the honor opener.

It was not there. There was nothing there or I'd not have sent a settler. I took the Honor opening.

Keep in mind that in multiplayer, spawned barbarians move immediately after they spawn. In SP, this isn't the case in BNW. For instance, if you have a worker working a tile 3 tiles away from an encampment, you end turn, and then you see a barb unit appear next to it 2 tiles away from worker (notice the glitter). In MP, before you can move the worker out of the way, is it captured by the recently spawned barb. In SP, the recently spawned barb has to wait another turn to capture your worker, giving you 1 turn to save your worker.

and when the barb camps spawns before you have taken honor, it will not tell you where it is... honor only tells you about the camps that spawn, not existing camps you do not know about.

Incorrect, any existing barbarian camps are revealed as soon as Honor is taken if the area was previously explored... which is why you get a spam of messages upon taking Honor if you wait until you've cleared most of the map you can reach (say you opened Tradition or Liberty first). This is easily verifiable on Marathon games where it takes a while to get an SP.

And if that barb camp spawns in undiscovered territory, honor will NOT alert you to its presence.

That is correct. The only times you'll be alerted to barbarian camps in undiscovered territory is by Ancient Ruins revealing nearby camps or a City State quest to eliminate one.

Top Bottom