strange issue with resources

mclericp

Warlord
I had this strange issue with some resources in civ 5. This only happens very rarely but when it does, it pissed me off.

So i had 3 aluminium on a hill, but it has already a mine built prior to my discovery of 'electricity'. So, i m supposed to have 3 aluminium, but on my screen it says 0 aluminium.

Also in another game sometime ago, i allied with a city state who also has a mine built on a hill. Then upon discovering coal, that mine has 6 coal, but i didnt receive any coal at all for the next few turns or so.

Screen:

Spoiler :

This is normal and has been in the game since Vanilla; the city state doesn't yet have the tech.
When it does, you'll be granted the resource.

This indicates that you have a tech lead because city states are granted any tech that 2 major civs have.
In current game, just be patient, you'll get it eventually.
In future games, you may want to consider moving up a difficulty level so the AI can research a bit faster.

I m on King and still trying to tackle emperor. Strange though, i have the tech lead in electricity, but my literacy rate is average. Germany currently has the lead and he has military science, biology, etc.

But..again i m on babylon so i cant complain. Playing a science victory is easy. And i m crushed by Mongolia Huns and Inca on the world map :(

Top Bottom