Tips for actively countering Tourism?

Aelesia

Chieftain
Okay I just started playing my first Immortal game today, and omg let me say that Immortal is HARD. Every other difficulty I played was relatively easy. All I ever had to do was throw a bunch of ranged units at the AI and conquer all their cities with siege units. My GPT and Science just continues to snowball with every city I capture, and eventually I just end up too rich and too advanced for any other civilization to take me on.

However Immortal seems to be a completely different ball game. The AI's science boost is crazy and they seem to churn out at least 3x more units that I saw on Emperor.

Anyway my current problem is that I'm being completely eclipsed in terms of Tourism by other civilizations, and I'm taking a massive hit in Happiness due to differing Ideologies. Surprisingly I managed to swing the Happiness level back to +13 despite suffering from a whooping -60 Happiness, and I'm wondering what are the active steps I can take to counter it.

1) I'm trying to pump out as many Archelogists as I can at the moment to try and dig up as many Antiquity Sites as possible to boost my Tourism.

2) I've closed my borders to everyone.

3) I'm sending Diplomats to the top Tourism countries without any Ideologies and trying to convince them to vote for my Ideology as the World Idelogy.

4) I attempted to invade the Netherlands which has the highest Tourism output hoping that I could capture great works. Unfortunately even after I captured their capital my Tourism didn't rise one bit. This turned out to be a bad idea because 2 of my neighbours ended up declaring war on me! :(

What other steps can be done to counter the tourism from other people and thus unhappiness from other cities?

Also is there a chart that shows how much I'm being influenced by everyone else? Kind of like the one that shows how influential you are over other people except in reverse. Thanks!

Top Bottom