Incan Starts ? ? ?

EnterGodMode

Chieftain
In the last week, I played Inca several times ( 5 times I believe). Every start i got was in their bias, of course, but on a peninsula left alone in isolation from the world free to expand. In 4 of those games I had place for 7-8 great cities most of these spot were on a mountain (damn , highlands, me love ya).

I am asking: Am I really lucky or most of your Inca games are with pretty same starts?

Fast edit: Settings are all normal (Diety, Standard, Pangea)

So lucky, I always get no mountains, or a huge blob of mountains. Terrace farms are nice, but they don't really make up for half the tiles in my capital being unworkable.

I actually kept the saves because I started wondering should I participiate in the lottery. Looked at the civs in the game and I noticed that the other civs were all with starting bias of a kind or none but yet different from hills. So i guess that was the lucky part in it.

With Incas being my favourite Civ because they are so all-around and nice both econamically and with population, I always take 2-3 turns scout around the starting spot which is rather easy woth the UA and take like 5 minutes or more :D to choose my cap spot. I always take the spot with the best terrace farms because that is the power of the incas. You only little bit of luck with the food resources/ancient ruins to generate nice pop at your cap and then doing what you are best at - being awesome

best inca start evah

Attachments

• Civ5Screen.jpg
    Civ5Screen.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 163
Incan bias is indeed hills. While most mountains are near hills, most hills aren't near mountains.

One of my favourite Inca starts was right on the edge of a big mountain range. The reason it was my favourite was because this mountain range effectively served as a giant wall, keeping every other civ out of my space. The range had two exits/entrances: one to the north, one to the south - both were one tile wide with the ocean on the other side. The one to the north was a longer passage, while the one to the south was a bit wider.

I made it my priority to seal off these passages with my cities/tile claims. The southern passage was already blocked by Sydney, so I made it my goal to keep them as my allies. My first city went to sealing the northern passage (Which also had a hill surrounded by 5 mountains, on a river, in a (later to be) Petra desert! Who needs the Hanging Gardens?

After that, with mountains to the west and an ocean to the east, I had effectively isolated my land from all the other civs.

The best is when the mountains are sprinkled around, instead of a huge blob with a small surface area

Top Bottom