LOTR Mod Downloads and Discussion thread

The Little One

Warlord
I decided that the previous thread was getting cluttered up with me, malcolm01234 and Semprini taking about the development, so this is now the official thread for everyone else.

Just in case you don't know what this is...
This mod will add around 15-20 civs from Arda (the world that Middle-Earth was in) to the game, as well as new buildings, units, resources and hopefully wonders. Eventually, this mod will be total conversion, but that won't happen until all of the civs are done.

Details for all civs can be found lower down on this thread

NEWS:
5th June: Major balancing patch for Gondor and Isengard. Check below for details.
4th June: Updated Rohan. Check below for details.

CIVS DONE SO FAR:
Rohan
Gondor
Isengard
Mordor

All of them are available for download from the ModBrowser or lower down on this post

CIVS COMING SOON:
Dwarves
Hobbits

And a huge thankyou to all of the (small) team:
Semprini - for the wonderful new art that will be added to the already released civs soon
Ajidica - for helping me with ideas
malcolm01234 - generally helping me with everything
And of course me :D

DOWNLOADS:
ROHAN
GONDOR AND ISENGARD

Update notes (NEW: 4th June)
Rohan
Spoiler :
v4
  • Rohirrim now have a penalty against cities
  • Theoden's text now shows up when you greet him for the first time

Gondor and Isengard
Spoiler :
v5
  • Warg Riders less powerful
  • Dunlendings more expensive
  • Isengard trait nerfed from -25% cost to -15%
  • Palarran more expensive
  • Ithilien Rangers chepaer and only 2 range
  • Guard of the Citadel is cheaper and weaker and finally has the right promotion

ROHAN
Spoiler :

ROHAN - KING THEODEN

Now for Wrath! (all units gain a promotion that gives +15% combat strength when attacking. Horse resources are doubled)

Rohirrim - A faster, more powerful and more expensive knight

Royal Guard - A more powerful pikeman with a bonus in friendly territory

Stables of the Mark - greater production bonus from stable resources than the standard Stable, culture and gold from nearby stable resources​

GONDOR
Spoiler :

GONDOR - KING ARAGORN

The Dominion of Men (Great people spawn 50% more often, -33% unhappiness from cities)

Guard of the Citadel - A more powerful and expensive pikeman which gains promotions more often

Ranger of Ithilien - A crossbowman which is more powerful in melee combat, has a bonus in foreign land, and is more expensive

Palarran - A caravel with higher combat stats and a slightly lower cost​

What are the bonus's to thiese civs :p

You mean the unique abilities? Rohan has double horse resources and +15% strength when attacking. Gondor has 33% less unhappiness from cities (or was it 50?) and great people spawn 50% faster. Isengard has -25% unit maintenance cost and double coal and iron.

And sorry I've been neglecting this mod, I'll really try to work faster but real life is busy at the moment and I don't have much time for modding. (And I definitely haven't been playing Skyrim....)

Hi The Little One,

Thanks for moding LOTR civilization. I really enjoy your work.

If i can say something about your work, it's about the unbalanced civ. Human (Gondor and Rohan) have unique, powerfull, and not cheap unit too late in the game. Isengar, avec strong, cheap, ressource less and fast more early. Ok, it's the aim to make Isengar a good rusher, but i have take no pleasur to spam unit and beat the world :/

In isengard, it's particulary the cavalry (wolfes) which are too overpowerfull i think.

Unless continue, it's a good work :)

Thanks

Hi The Little One,

Thanks for moding LOTR civilization. I really enjoy your work.

If i can say something about your work, it's about the unbalanced civ. Human (Gondor and Rohan) have unique, powerfull, and not cheap unit too late in the game. Isengar, avec strong, cheap, ressource less and fast more early. Ok, it's the aim to make Isengar a good rusher, but i have take no pleasur to spam unit and beat the world :/

In isengard, it's particulary the cavalry (wolfes) which are too overpowerfull i think.

Unless continue, it's a good work :)

Thanks

Thanks, I'm glad you like the mod :) As for Isengard, I may nerf them a bit soon. Maybe make the Wargs slightly less powerful and reduce the base civ bonusees

new to Civ5 where do i put you addon..?

My Documents\My Games\Sid meier's Civilization 5\ MODS

For PC at least, not sure about mac.

have you solidified the other coming civs' UAs and UUs/UBs? I'd be really interested in what they are, as I had some random ideas pop into my head for Shire and Elven civilizations.

Keep it up, it looks really good!

Oh, and I'd be curious as to what all the 15 Arda civs are, as I tried to come up with that many and failed :)

have you solidified the other coming civs' UAs and UUs/UBs? I'd be really interested in what they are, as I had some random ideas pop into my head for Shire and Elven civilizations.

Keep it up, it looks really good!

Oh, and I'd be curious as to what all the 15 Arda civs are, as I tried to come up with that many and failed :)

Yeah, we've worked out the next 3 civs' details (Dwarves, Hobbits, Mordor). I'd be really interested to hear your ideas since we got a bit stuck with ideas for the Hobbbits and I completely postponed the Elves until later because I didn't know what to do with them. Our main problem was whether we were going to split them up or have them as one civ. As for the list of civs, it changes quite often but at the moment will be something like

• Rohan
  • Gondor
  • Isengard
  • Mordor
  • Dwarves (Possibly going to be split later)
  • Hobbits
  • Harad
  • Easterlings
  • Ents
  • Anything up to about 5 different elf civs
  • Numenor
  • Arnor
  • Angmar
  • Udun (Morgoth)
  • Maybe Valinor, but I can't think how to do them without making them insanely overpowered

That makes anything between about 14 and 18 in total, and yes, the timeframe is just a little bit odd, but it is in normal civ 5 as well...

Lol at Valinor, they would be a nice addition but i see your point. I think the timeframe is just fine, i mean Civ has always had classical civs playing renissance civs. Its just part of the game.

Anyways, here's my thoughts. not sure if they are good ones, but here goes:

Shire
UA: +20% food in all cities and +3 :c5happy: from each city when not the aggressor in war
UU: Worker with +25% construction speed, can defend itself (ala embarkation defense... on land)
UU: Scout with +1 movement, evasion (ala Incan slingers)
UB: "Storehouse" - Granary with +2 :c5culture:, +2 :c5happy:
The point - a tall, peaceful civ that can find the most lush land early, with extra :c5happy: to manage more growth (worker with defense came from epiphany that the hobbits are laborours, but throughout ME history they have repulsed invaders that assumed they would put up no resistance)

Elves (the five you are considering: grey elves, sea elves, wood elves, fair elves, valinor elves?)
Whatever - here's the wood elves...
UA: all worked forests provide +1:c5culture:, all units have woodsmen promotion
UU: Archer with combat strength equal to swordsman (to sim the elves' mastery of both archery and hand-to-hand combat - you've designed ithilien rangers similarily)
UI: "Sanctuary" - replaces lumbermill, produces +1:c5food:, +1:c5culture: and provides +10% defense to units stationed on it
The point - a cultural civ very much designed to thrive in forests, to the point that if an elven city is surrounded by trees it becomes a veritable stronghold from invasions

These were strictly from a concept mindset, i have no idea how valid it is to mod a unique improvement, workers that have combat strength, etc. Sorry if I wasted your time with impossible game mechanics!

Oh, and you have no idea how much fun i've had trying to design a full LOTR conversion on paper :D. Hope the final product turns out amazing!

Hi!

Sorry for the looong delay!

Here the PSDs, can you make the DDS?

abs,

Semprini

Attachments

• Mordor.rar
    9.5 MB · Views: 692
Top Bottom