LOTR Mod Downloads and Discussion thread

To everyone: I'm sorry about the massive delays, from now on I'm going to stop setting myself deadlines because it just leaves everyone disappointed when I fail to meet them.

No reason to give excuses, we should just be happy that you are doing this on your own time and for free, as a labor of love. If folks can't wait for you to come out with the next civ, then let them program it, and see how well they do at it.

No reason to give excuses, we should just be happy that you are doing this on your own time and for free, as a labor of love. If folks can't wait for you to come out with the next civ, then let them program it, and see how well they do at it.

Lol, true. I've never stopped anyone else making their own mod :D

Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing problems with my computer, which are fairly easy to fix, but takes time and money.. But when I get all this stuff straightened out I'll be glad to make some civs, and just try to help you out with everything like I intended to in the first place :D Just give me a couple weeks (hopefully less) and I'll be up and ready to help, and maybe get a few more units made.. I'm just now starting to really understand how the 3D graphics and whatnot work..

I did a lot of coding today, it should basically be just the art to sort out for the Dwarves and while I probably won't have time for that tomorrow I really do hope to do it soon.

PS
I don't know if anyone's really still keeping track of this thread, but I'd like to say a massive thank you to those of you who bothered to wait

PS
I don't know if anyone's really still keeping track of this thread, but I'd like to say a massive thank you to those of you who bothered to wait

Trust me people are, they say for every one person who posts to a thread there are 10 lurkers. Take your time, I check in here about once a week when there are no posts, and every day when I do see posts.

It's an old Usenet saying. The powers that be, can't tell who subscribes to Usenet but they can see how many do. Going by that and comparing the posts to users, it normally works out to a 10 to 1 ratio. So I figure the same holds true for Web boards.

Great work so far. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Have you thought about what kind of map the total conversion is going to be played on?
I think a very large scale map would be the only way to do the huge battle moments justice.

Also, adding special characters to the game would be huge, giving them special abilities that affect the friendly units around them (eg. Gandalf=15% morale boost for middle earth units)

keep it up!

Right. Hello.

First of all, I'm not dead. I've just finished a patch of exams and now have some time to play Civ5 again.

Umm.... that's it. I'll try to make the Dwarves an early christmas present for you all but I won't make any promises. I have trouble finding time to play the games at the moment without worrying about modding them as well :D

Just watched "The Hobbit" and now I can't wait for your Dwarf-civilization! Hope you will release it soon :) And btw it would be nice if you could add your CivPack to the Steam workshop so more people can try it out.

There is a new map of Middle Earth. It's larger, and had more iron, horses, etc and in locations where they would be in a real Middle Earth. I am playing on it now, will let you know what I think when I am done.

You could include audio clips from the films in the Diplo screens. For instance, when you meet Saruman, he could say "The hour is late, and you ride to Isengard seeking my cousel."

Would you like these, Galadhrim and Silvan icons? These are the 256 ones. Maybe the style is slightly different from your Rohan / Gondor icons as I was going for a 'not the movie look'... I started a middle earth mod a while ago, but had no time to keep working on it. You are welcome to them and i have them in all required sizes if you like. Inspired by the fact that mallorn leaves were apparently like beech , but larger with silver color, and ofcourse the mirkwood elves lived in beech trees often, so seemed fitting to have their emblems as respectively above.

Hope development is going well because I really look forward to playing it :D Unfortunately, other than some faction and leader definitions thats as far as I got.

Oh quick question, I saw you wrote that there was no planned Orc civ, which I can understand (although I would love to be able to play as the Great Goblin or Bolg and the other northern Orc er... kingdoms), but are they to be the barbarians of the mod?

All the best

ps : if you like those, I would be more than happy to help with some art or bits and bobs, as I can

Howdy, I tried to get your MOD, and while I downloaded it, I can't seem to access the races. Can you give any instruction?

Top Bottom