Israel, Philistines and Biblical Civilizations

Sorry for being repetitive, but is the version downloaded from civfanatics up to date? I can't make the music work in this one...

Also a question: I'm in a game right now with the Philistines, but their leader name doesn't indicate they have Civ 4 Leader Traits support, is that correct?

Leugi, I have a problem. I've downloaded the mod and the middle eastern music doesn't play after the Chassidic theme. How do I fix this up? And if you need someone to dub David count me in, I know Hebrew.

But...but...I've already got a guy lined up...

Leugi, I have a problem. I've downloaded the mod and the middle eastern music doesn't play after the Chassidic theme. How do I fix this up? And if you need someone to dub David count me in, I know Hebrew.

You aren't that special. .. :lol:
Welcome to the forums!:goodjob:

Sorry, but how do I install it if I download by Civfanatics?

It's very simple! You just need to find your MODS folder, usually under my documents and my games. Take the file to the MODS folder, and extract it using WinRAR.

The corrupt president pouakai....
anyway, @Legui: any news? Updates maybe?

I know it's a bit late, but I would like to propose the following update to the opening leader text; I just cleaned it up a bit. Let me know what you think. :)

May Yahweh bless you and protect you, honorable King David of the United Kingdom of Israel.

During your glorious reign, you have united the 12 Tribes of Israel and established a lasting monarchy that will endure for generations. Under your leadership, Israel has embarked upon successful military campaigns against Israel's enemies, defeated regional rivals such as the Philistines, and established secure borders for Israel. Under your holy guidance, the United Kingdom of Israel has grown into a regional power, achieving prosperity ad superiority over its neighbors.

Noble David, your people still lie scattered across the world, longing for a King to truly unite them once more. Will you heed their cries? Will the Throne of David be established forever? Will you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?

1. Jews don't say that name.
2. He didn't unite them, and it didn't last for generations.
3. His civilization stood the test of time pretty well, I'd say...

1. Jews don't say that name.
2. He didn't unite them, and it didn't last for generations.
3. His civilization stood the test of time pretty well, I'd say...

Yeah, these are fair points. How about this edit?

May the Lord bless you and protect you, honorable King David of the United Kingdom of Israel.

From your humble beginnings as a shepherd, you led the 12 Tribes of Israel and established yourself as a king to be revered throughout the ages. Under your courageous leadership, Israel embarked upon successful military campaigns against Israel's enemies, defeated regional rivals such as the Philistines, and established secure borders for Israel. Under your righteous guidance, the United Kingdom of Israel grew into a regional power, achieving prosperity and superiority over its neighbors.

Noble David, your people still lie scattered across the world, longing for a King to truly unite them once more. Will you heed their cries? Will the throne of your kingdom be established forever? Will you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?

Also, in general, something feels a bit "off" about the casual way David speaks here (i.e. "Greetings, I'm King David." vs. "Greetings, I am King David.").

DoM texts tend to be written in the past tense, too. 'You united the 12 tribes' and 'Israel grew into a regional power' rather than 'You have united the 12 tribes' and 'Israel has grown into a regional power'

Hmmm... That text, specifically its last part, could fit another David more, if modified... Anyway, since the "could you build a civilization that's will stand the stest of time" appears in all DoMs, I suggest keeping this. Other then that, and what Urdnot pointed out, its excellent.

Top Bottom