[CiV packs] Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations & Greek Epic

To be fair, guys, whilst it is a big mod, it doesn't take long to download. If you like ancient world civs, you'll love this - and there's more than the traits to admire, including some brilliant artwork - including leader screens and icons. In case you're wondering if there is a separate dll or lua work for the traits, there isn't as far as I recall - they're all good, but on the whole, the traits are mixtures of elements that are in epic civ traits.

Thanks everyone for the positive opinions on these mods :)

@dilophosaur
These mods are big. I can't and don't want upload them elsewhere (CFC, dropbox, etc...).

@tsf4
Usually it depends on incompatibility with other running mods.

So I cannot use them :<. I understand that they're big, but you should think about people using Mac versions of Civ5 and those with non-Steam-dependent ones, which can not use Steam workshop at all. Sorry.

Steam workshop is so flaky (nicest thing to say about it, utter piece of cr*p is more accurate) would you kindly reconsider ? I am a fan of ancient era, your mods look fantastic, I'd like to give them a shot :D

Yeah! I am a fan of Ancients,too and I agree, that the Steam workshop policy is a piece of rotten flesh. These civs look so awesome, and Steam looks NOT.

In my game neither Steam sh1t nor the "get mods" button implemented work.

Please reconsider uploading the file, this coming from a Mac user that really wants to use this mod!

Hello,

It's great to see this pack alive, I played the similar one for Civ4 a few good years ago...
I have one suggestion to make. For Dacia you have the city name "Pietra Rosie". The name is wrong. The right name would be "Piatra Rosie", it means "the red stone".
You can also check the wiki link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piatra_Roșie_Dacian_fortress

Thanks for this pack, it convinced me to play Civ5 again. :)

Perhaps someone who has managed to get them from Steam could upload them here? Would that be okay with you, Ambrox?

Or at least send via private message... (if it is possible)

does anybody know what causes certain mods to not install? BNW Greek civs instantly downloaded for me. But BNW ancient civs didn't.

EDIT

I solved my problem!

One of the possible solutions: if mod doesn't install, try searching it using some good program (like Search Everything) and packed .civ5mod file can be in some weird place (for me it was in steam folder, which is not on C:/) - then take this .civ5mod file and unzip it to MODS directory of Civ5 :)

EDIT2

Oh my God... So THIS is the reason of all my problems with mods! now all of them work :0

What exactly do I do with the .civ5mod file? It's in the MODS directory but the file itself doesn't make it appear in the mods menu - it needs to be a foldered thingy like all the other ones I have.

What exactly do I do with the .civ5mod file? It's in the MODS directory but the file itself doesn't make it appear in the mods menu - it needs to be a foldered thingy like all the other ones I have.

You extract the contents like you would a .rar or .zip file.

I'd like to also request a direct download and further info on these civs please?

Nice Civ ideas!

Top Bottom