RawSasquatch/Kramer's New Civilizations

If you want to try your hand at Chief Seattle's DOM, not only mentioning the achievements of his life, but also his solidarity with modern Cascadian culture through his connection with nature, that would be perfect! Thank you, in advance.

Alright, the Rhodesia update is almost complete. Here's a complete list of what will be added, to try and get the hype train rolling again: A new icon (#4, the BSAC lion), courtesy of TPangolin; Updated icons for the Selous Scout, Royal Regiment, and Ian Smith; Strategic view support; A new leader scene for Ian Smith + custom ambiance to go along with it; More custom dialogue for Ian Smith; Smoother lua; And, last but not least, new music!
Peace theme:
Link to video.
+ War theme:
Link to video.

For comparison, here's the old/current Ian Smith diplo scene:
Spoiler :

And make sure you're listening to that peace theme, because here's the brand new one!
Spoiler :

I expect the update to be out probably sometime tonight/tomorrow, as there's only a few more things I have to fix/test with it. In the meantime, however, let's talk about support for Sukritact's Events and Decisions. Even if it would require even more lua (please please help me I need so much lua all I need is one simple script and I can release Yucatan), it's what all the cool modders are doing, and I want in on it. Basically, each civilization gains 2 unique "decisions" they can enact (see the linked thread for some examples), and I need help coming up with 2 decisions for each of my civs, even the unfinished ones. I'd also like the decisions to focus on important aspects of the civs that are more-or-less passed over by the civ's core design. As an example, I'd like a decision for the Republic of Texas that alludes to their prosperous oil + mining industries in modern times. Perhaps extra gold/production/culture from all Oil Wells, or a free Oil source + luxury in cities settled on Desert? I know that CL's Australia is going to have a decision that grants extra production to mines, so I'd like to avoid creative conflict with that. The only one I have, more or less, a solid idea for is a Rhodesian one:
Spoiler :
Organize the Air Force / Develop the 'Fireforce' Tactic
Our military leaders desire air superiority in order to win battles on the ground. Talk of complex tactics involving Helicopters, Bombers, and Paratroopers working together to envelop and destroy enemy encampments is gaining popularity throughout the armed forces. All we need to do is finance the further development of these ideas, and train our troops in their practice.
Requirements/Restrictions: Player must be Rhodesia
Player must own at least 1 Airport
May only be enacted once per game

Costs: 1200 Gold
2 Magistrates
1 Great General(?)

Rewards: All Aircraft gain a combat bonus vs Land Units
Helicopter Gunships receive the Fireforce promotion, granting a bonus to flank attacks and allowing the transfer of movement points to stacked Great Generals
1 Free Helicopter Gunship

What do you need for the Yucatan?

A script that grants Yucatecan cities +5% Military Unit Production (or a hidden building) for every worked Plantation. I've been looking and asking all over, especially because I'm pretty sure that I've seen other mods with similar bonuses, but to no avail.

Rhodesia v5 released! I also made a post about it on reddit, for those who want to see the update in action/help promote it.

ALSO, ViceVirtuoso has helped me out with lua for California and the Confederacy! Suddenly, these eternally WIP mods seem a lot closer to completion...

That's a great update, the new art is fantastic! I hope the subreddit will give you some love because Leugi's Cuba barely got any which surprised me a lot, I can only hope that the Inuit extended the interest of redditors in modding.

Can you add a blockade runner UU for the Confederacy?

It was a tempting attribute, but I decided that the best representation of Confederate history + culture was a unique Rifleman + an Antebellum UI. I might add some sort of bonus reflecting on the blockade runners through the Decisions mod, though.

A script that grants Yucatecan cities +5% Military Unit Production (or a hidden building) for every worked Plantation. I've been looking and asking all over, especially because I'm pretty sure that I've seen other mods with similar bonuses, but to no avail.

Ack! Sorry for not responding sooner!

I think I might be able to bodge together some code to do that this weekend... hardest part may be checking to see if a tile is being worked by the city as opposed to just sitting there. Worst comes to worst, is it okay if the code spawns X hidden buildings, where X is the number of Plantations in the city's radius?

It was a tempting attribute, but I decided that the best representation of Confederate history + culture was a unique Rifleman + an Antebellum UI. I might add some sort of bonus reflecting on the blockade runners through the Decisions mod, though.

I will hope for a alternate version... but i really liked your ideas!

Ack! Sorry for not responding sooner!

I think I might be able to bodge together some code to do that this weekend... hardest part may be checking to see if a tile is being worked by the city as opposed to just sitting there. Worst comes to worst, is it okay if the code spawns X hidden buildings, where X is the number of Plantations in the city's radius?

That would be nice, but I believe _bane said he would try to do the code as well. That was quite a while ago, so I'll ask him if he still wants to work on it before both of you turn out codes. And yeah, if there can't be a bonus for worked plantations, I'll take plantations in the city borders.

Also, unrelated to my new Civilizations, but because I don't have a thread for my misc. mods, I might as well drop it here. I'm sure some of you people like anime, right? Normally as a follow-up to this question, I would berate you for liking anime, but not this time. I made a mod that I reckon references one of the more popular ongoing series in a (hopefully) subtle enough way that still wouldn't destroy immersion with more historical play-throughs. Gentlemen, behold!

And now, upon retrospect, I ask 'Why?'.

Can you do a free state of Congo civ? It would fit with the Boers and Rhodesia...

Can you do a free state of Congo civ? It would fit with the Boers and Rhodesia...

I'd reckon that the Congo Free State should be lumped in with Belgium, to be honest. JFD did a fantastic Belgium (albeit under Albert, not Leopold II). And I have a LOT of WIP civs already:

WIP Civs:
Yucatan
California
CSA
Cascadia
Bhutan
Planned Civs:
A secret collab with CL (won't reveal it unless/until TPangolin is okay with it)
Scotland
Kurdistan
Burkina Faso (under Thomas Sankara)

And other than the impending releases of Yucatan and California once they're complete (_bane has said he'd be fine with BouncyMischa doing the lua for Yucatan), those will probably take a bit longer than usual. IRL matters, mainly the fact that we won't be able to pay all our bills + rent at the end of the month means that I have to rush to get myself a job, which will probably take up a lot of my free time and further slow down my mod development. But worry not, as I'll finish everything I have planned come hell or high water.

Instead of the sharpshooter UU for the CSA, I think a cavalry UU would be better. The Confederates greatly benefited from the huge gap in quality of their cavalry opposed to the often inept Union cavalry. I also don't think the UU should give a production bonus during war, as the Union enjoyed a MUCH greater production level over the CSA.

Those are all some valid points, but I can defend most of the current states of the design as well. One of the #1 reasons I didn't want to go with a Cavalry UU for the CSA was to distance the design a bit further from engarde's Confederacy mod, which has a Bushwhacker UU. And in a bit more of a vain sense, I really, really like the Civil War scenario's Confederate Rifleman models... And the Antebellum Manor's production bonus during war is for a few reasons: it adds a bit more flavor to an otherwise generic culture/gold focused UI (see: Chateau, Brazilwood Camp, Moai) and it encourages the CSA's player to warmonger even more than they usually would. And then there's Gone With the Wind references, but that's another story. (To give the CSA something other than cotton, slaves, and ignorance.)

How's this for an Antebellum Manor?

It'd still need to be put into the icon stuff, but it's a pretty nice picture of a Southern plantation :)

If you can fit in a Candyland Django reference somewhere - that'd be amazing. That pic would be nice if the Manor was a UB, but as a UI it doesn't quite work.

Someone please help me - I can't get this out of my head.

I've had the instrumental "Africa" from the South Africa mod in my head. I really hope it never gets changed lol

Top Bottom