JFD's The World According to Modders

I take it as a bodily incarnation of the omnipotent God-Emperor Whoward, without whom the World According to Modders would not be able to even exist. This act of creation deserves a corporeal recognition!

Oh, I wasn't trying to suggest he shouldn't be recognized for his contributions to the Civ 5 modding community. I was just worried that I somehow missed a bunch of civs that I would need to add to my ever-growing "to play" list.

Oh, I wasn't trying to suggest he shouldn't be recognized for his contributions to the Civ 5 modding community. I was just worried that I somehow missed a bunch of civs that I would need to add to my ever-growing "to play" list.
He has Morindim and Wales civs on his pik'n'Mix website. Don't know if they're available here on the forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know whether I should ask to be a Great Writer (because of endless wall-of-text-tutorials), or a special kind of city-state where when you meet me you're confronted with a unit-confusing wall of text everywhere that causes the unit to become inactive for a turn or two, but you gain a dollop of science (ie, tutorial data) :D

He has Morindim and Wales civs on his pik'n'Mix website. Don't know if they're available here on the forum.

I don't know whether I should ask to be a Great Writer (because of endless wall-of-text-tutorials), or a special kind of city-state where when you meet me you're confronted with a unit-confusing wall of text everywhere that causes the unit to become inactive for a turn or two, but you gain a dollop of science (ie, tutorial data) :D

You need to be a pantheon.

Cult of LeeS(pantheon)

+2 :c5science: science from XML Harvest zones(plantations).

Blessings of Whoward(pantheon)

+1 :c5happy: happiness from cities on steam-stream(rivers).

God of ideas(pantheon)

+2 :c5faith: faith and +3 :c5science: science from the palace.

Pick n' mix property(founder belief)

+3 :c5science: science per every 5 followers of this religion.

Modiquet(reformation belief)

+2 :c5science: science and +1 :c5culture: culture from science buildings in cities following this religion.

Goddess of the ideas(pantheon)

+1 :c5food: food from beast hunting(or hinting :lol:) zones (camps).

gifts of the nature(follower belief)

Units built in cities following this religion get the "walrus speaking" promotion, which makes them heal 10 HP if they end their turn adjacent to an oasis\lake\natural wonder.

Modding room(religious building)

+2 :c5production: production, +1 :c5faith: faith, +1 :c5culture: culture, +1 :c5science: science.

Wow. Thats... literary, all that I've got. :p

You only own books? :p

Stupid auto grammar... mai inglish ees gud witaut eet.
Oh!
McMedicine

+1 :c5food: food and :c5greatperson: great artist points from shrines and Mod-temples.

Stupid auto grammar... mai inglish ees gud witaut eet.
Oh!
McMedicine

+1 :c5food: food and :c5greatperson: great artist points from shrines and Mod-temples.

Natanianity

-1 Happiness, -5 gold, +100 points per turn towards a Great Natan

Great Natan - Send to another civilization to lower remove golden age points from it.

Thanks for the quote suggestions - I have 36 thus far :D

You know that "scientific breakthrough" event? That'll be you one day :p

Sometimes Great Writers, Events, and City-States will concern the same person.

Natanianity

-1 Happiness, -5 gold, +100 points per turn towards a Great Natan

Great Natan - Send to another civilization to lower remove golden age points from it.

Am I suppose to be offended by that?

Shall I update or shall I row, This the answer I must know.
XML or SQL claimed easy as pie: If I make Hitler will steam implode?
Typos, repeats, invalid code: all refused.
User comments crafted to confuse.
Of this and more, modder beware!

I think it would be funnier if the GW quotes were ones actually uttered on these forums. As in, before just now.

"As a mod, you should know better than to swear in the forums."
- whoward69

"Oops. Forgot it's now Sarvoydinpaliceoaitaedmont or something. Sorry."
- Viregel

"JFD is a very scary guy. I'd better watch my mouth."
- ArnoldI

"And we welcome His Imperial Grace, the JSNOROQTCNCOWTHQ, to this position." (there are probably better ones than this, knowing JFD)
- JFD

:lol: Gedemon didn't really swear... I guess... but he uttered a certain... unmentionable modder word beginning with an A...

Read through this thread and it will all become known.

Or I believe whoward once said something of this ilk, but I'll have to look for it:
"Civ5, the most moddable civ game yet - unless you actually want to change something."
- whoward69

Or if we're willing to count podcasts as valid sources, there's this from... I think it was a polycast(?) in which TPang introduced himself:

"If you're not sure exactly who I am, then I don't really blame you. I kind of look at myself in the mirror everyday and ask that same question, which is usually followed by around 15 minutes of me crying in the shower, not because I'm having existential crisis because I don't who I am, but because I got shampoo in my eyes."
- TPangolin

Now we know the real reason Gedemon is disappeared from the modding scene - he acted against the will of the God-Emperor ;)

"It's not murder if the sovereign does it."
- JFD

"Hundreds is a satirical observation of the number of projects I want to do, but probably won't be able to finish, not an actual figure"
- JFD (Again)

"Before you point out some others, I’ll add that an octopus or shoe plantation wouldn't make much sense either."
- Barathor

"So close to freedom that I can taste it! It's pretty good, like ripe strawberries."
- AgressiveWimp

Which reminds me, a while ago I thought of an alternate UA for Viregel:

UA: Slavemaster of Sweden - One time +1 :c5production: boost in the capital.

"If you're not sure exactly who I am, then I don't really blame you. I kind of look at myself in the mirror everyday and ask that same question, which is usually followed by around 15 minutes of me crying in the shower, not because I'm having existential crisis because I don't who I am, but because I got shampoo in my eyes."
- TPangolin

Completely forgot about that :crazyeye:

Top Bottom