How does the computer calculate every Civs military strength?

AIcivs

Chieftain
Like adding up all of a Civs units' attack strength plus the total number of units ... blah blah bla

Just curious...

The AI checks the military overview and notes the pointy-sticks score. This is calculated from the number of units and the tech level of those units. There's been some talk in theses forums the AI uses the military adviser as well to decide whether to DOW or not.

Info Addict: the AI doesn't have access to this even if you do but the military score is calculated from number of units, tech level, and health of your units.

Chances of DOW: The major factor seems to be pointy-sticks score, but I've noted overall score seems to factor as well assuming you haven't done anything major to warrant a DOW.

When are AI's first dow'ing? I always build an invading force, so ever since BNW I never get dow'ed. It would be kind of nice to get DOW'ed and be ready for him, like in vanilla.

I have heard that the Ai firgures in City state alliances also.I think this is true because I remember several games where the Ai waited for the exact turn that my alliance with a CS to Dow.He moved his troops brilliantly. That was no coincidenk you know what I 'm saying ;)

When are AI's first dow'ing? I always build an invading force, so ever since BNW I never get dow'ed. It would be kind of nice to get DOW'ed and be ready for him, like in vanilla.

The AI like to attach WEAK enemies. Keep just enough units to fend off barbarians/ do the odd camp for CS quests, and save your money for ugrading or buying CB's and better units. You can check your relative strength in the demographics screen.

Try provoking the AI by making demands or forward settling.

The reliance on trade routes is also a big factor, in fact a huge factor for the lack of early DOW's in particular as the AI is generally programmed not to go into negative gold and often relies on trade routes in the early game at least so it is relatively easy to prevent early DOW's on standard maps where you normally only have 2 near neighbours in most games just by the use of trade routes, or more specifically because you need to send the trade routes also you don't even have to try or it can be hard not to fester peaceful relations by not sending out trade routes to your neighbours which is why i have resorted back to large maps again as you usually have 3 or 4 neighbours and you can't keep them all happy with trade routes.

Other than that the easiest way to provoke neighbours is to forward settle them but that is now heavily discouraged on standard maps where the 3-4 city tradition start seems to be the only logical choice anymore.

you can simply attack if you wish it that much. It doesn't really matter who declares, if you take cities you still get the warmonger penalties.

Top Bottom