Which Version of Civ 5 to Buy?

granvilletl1

Chieftain
Hi,

I'm looking for a recommendation of which version of the Civilization 5 to buy? I have played Civ 3 and Civ 4 years ago. When Civ 5 came out, I read reviews that the AI had problems and I decided to wait for the problems to be solved before forking over my money. Now I ready to dive in. Please share your experience and also which version is the most popular here on this board so I can get the most help?

Thanks.

Granville

Complete Edition.

AI is still very bad though.

Civ 5 has more tactical options for combat than Civ 4. The AI has a harder time with that type of play. Civ 4 allows the AI to be successful with big numbers of units all on a single stack, which is easier for it to manage. It's not so much that Civ 5's AI sucks more than Civ 4, it is that Civ 5 allows for more tactical use of units, which the AI struggles with.

I agree, get the complete edition. I am not even sure you can get all the parts separately without buying them in one bundle. It'll save you money in the long run, unless you don't like it.

Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone knows if this game will play on a 3-year old PC (i7 2.67 Ghz, 9 GB RAM)?

Granville

Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone knows if this game will play on a 3-year old PC (i7 2.67 Ghz, 9 GB RAM)?

Granville

I'm on a Q6600 / 2 GB RAM / gt 570ti.

and the game runs pretty smooth.

Civ runs on pretty much anything.

All of them and use smarter AI mod it helps some.

Top Bottom