Really dumb question

CalGal

Chieftain
I have a REALLY dumb noob question! I'm in the Modern Era and now have several bomber planes. But I can't move them! Do I have to be at war before I can use them? I have tried the "rebase" function to no avail. When I hit Move button, there are no options to move. Help? :blush:

Rebase - if a city is within range of the plane you can select it and it will have kind of an orange glow around it.

The only options that work with bombers (besides Heal and Do Nothing) are rebase to another city (hit the rebase icon and then click on the destination city, which does have to be in range and cannot already be at capacity (6 air units, or 10 with an airport)) or attack an eligible target (enemy (i.e., at war) unit or city that is in range -- note the range is less than the rebase range, because an attacking plane has to make it back to their original city).

When attacking a target, you will be shown in red the maximum range of your bomber and eligible targets will be highlighted -- works very similar to city bombardment.

You must be at war with the civ that owns your bomber target before you can attack.

There are never dumb questions. Remember some of us started with Civ 1 and still don't play Diety or wish to understand to a decimal point what is the optimum position for a city.

Enjoy the game and please keep asking questions.

As for your original question, if you have barracks and an armory, the range extension as a promotion is very useful.

Top Bottom