Intra-team Pitboss Game?

Indeed, huge with medium sea level works well.

So, with regards to Game Settings, did we reach any conclusions? We seemed to agree on No Vassal States, but aside from that shall we leave the rest as defaults? (This is a fun game as opposed to a highly competitive one, so leaving things like Huts, Events and Barbarians in the game for flavour seems fine to me.) :)

Agreed. :)

I would prefer if no one looked at the map. It's a fun game, should be fun to let the random generator give us res, etc, without any change. Plus, with big & small & medium sea level, I don't think anyone will end up isolated.

As far as Emperor's offer for me to look at the map, I understand if you guys feel funny about it as he is the only one that really knows me (been 7 years now I think or will be soon). I have done it a lot, and if it helps I am still on some pain meds from the neck surgery so I probably wouldn't remember anyway.
Yeah, I originally joined CDG (his forum, for those who don't know) on the 6th of January 2002, so it'd be over 7 years now that I've known you. Quite a large proportion of my life, as I was only 14 at the time... wow, sounds like ages. (I guess it is, relatively speaking. :lol: ;) )

I would prefer if no one looked at the map. It's a fun game, should be fun to let the random generator give us res, etc, without any change. Plus, with big & small & medium sea level, I don't think anyone will end up isolated.
Big_and_Small occasionally hands out isolated (or tundra) starts. It's not a huge chance, but it'll always be there unless someone checks the map. (Doesn't necessarily have to be someone playing in the game, although that makes it simpler.) Tundra starts are easy to spot from the outset, but isolated starts are sometimes not obvious until many turns into the game. Thus you could play 50 turns into a game only to find that you are on your own.

Personally, I don't mind a huge amount if I happen to be isolated. It's just more fun when there are people to interact with. Also, since tech trading will be on, isolated starts are kind of a death sentence. You can have fun in the early game building all the wonders, but after that you're a bit screwed. ;)

We're around the same age, I'm still 20, but only for a couple of more months.

Well, if it must happen, then have someone check the map.

Since the opening part of the game can take months, it'd be nice to know you won't play through all that just to find that you're isolated. :lol:

Plako-I was unable to connect to your game. I was able to connect to Daveshack's game, though, so something must be wrong.

Thank you DMOC and Elucidus for your efforts. I've couple of ideas what to try next and I'm pretty confident now that I can get things working. However because there is no urgent need to get this runnin so I'll close the firewall now and come to this when I really want to setup a pitboss server.

Elucidus: I think my firewall doesn't allow ping, so you can't do that.

Never even made it close to your firewall. :)

Edit: Crap, this is Elucidus, on Amethyst's computer. Sorry, I will try and avoid that in the future. I forget sometimes.

COnsidering this game is for fun (and learning for me) if someone does wipe me out(highly likely) would it be possible that I could be left with just one city, more so I can look in on the rest of the game rather than anything else?

COnsidering this game is for fun (and learning for me) if someone does wipe me out(highly likely) would it be possible that I could be left with just one city, more so I can look in on the rest of the game rather than anything else?

Maybe we should have vassals in but under a capitulation-only basis, and you can only use it to "surrender" to another guy clobbering you. Peaceful vassalizing allows too many exploits but perhaps allowing capitulation could work?

Maybe we should have vassals in but under a capitulation-only basis, and you can only use it to "surrender" to another guy clobbering you. Peaceful vassalizing allows too many exploits but perhaps allowing capitulation could work?

Seems good i would rather, serve to some one then to be destroyed.

Looks like it won't be long now. :)

Top Bottom