Maps & Scenarios for Revolution

jdog5000

Revolutionary
Since most maps and scenarios out there do not work in Revolution (mostly because of the higher 34 player count), I thought I'd start a collection of maps, scenarios and savegame files that do work.

If you have a map or a particularly interesting point in a game which you'd like to share, post away! Include a bit of description plus, if it's a savegame, what version of Revolution you are using.

I'll try to keep a list of them here.

Duuk's thread of RevDCM Maps and Scenarios

Maps:
Rhye's Earth map
Rhye's Earth map with 12 civs by Kevytmaito
Fierabras' Tiny Europe with Ancient Civilizations

Scenarios:

Savegames:

Four versions of Rhye's Huge Earth map:
(Updated after the hack)

Map Size: Huge
Civ count: 34 civs
Compatibility: BTS
Screenshot? An image of the map can be found here.
Description:

Contains two different maps, Rhye's Earth and the RFC Earth which has an enlarged Europe. Each map comes in two styles:

1. Clean version. This is just the terrain, starting civs will be placed randomly on the map.

2. China, India, Sumeria/Babylon, and Egypt version. These 4 civs start in 4000bc in their historical places, when and where other civs show up depends on BarbarianCiv and Revolution.

This is also a good base for creating other Earth maps either with different initial civs or starting at another point in history.

2. China, India, Sumeria, and Egypt version. These 4 civs start in 4000bc in their historical places, when and where other civs show up depends on BarbarianCiv and Revolution.

That sounds interesting, that's pretty much what I do for random games (start with ancient civs and let the rest fill up). I'd love to see screenshots from anyone who tries this to see how everything ends up.

A question here, I noticed these are world builder saves.

If I am using a merged version of Revolution, can I use this map as is?

Two versions of Rhye's Huge Earth map:

2. China, India, Sumeria, and Egypt version. These 4 civs start in 4000bc in their historical places, when and where other civs show up depends on BarbarianCiv and Revolution.

When this does play out, do the civs that do come out of revolution come randomly or is there some sort of preference system like w/ the colonies where Britain's colony becomes America usually?

@ lamppost4

It's not a history replicator, so there's no guarantee anyone other than the four initial civs will be in their historical places or emerge at historical times. That said, the selection of a rebel civ is weighted based on history, so America, India, and the Celts will emerge from a revolt in British territory if possible (ie they don't already exist elsewhere).

@ lamppost4

That said, the selection of a rebel civ is weighted based on history, so America, India, and the Celts will emerge from a revolt in British territory if possible (ie they don't already exist elsewhere).

Yea that is more what I am looking for. I sort of figured it wasn't exact.

In one of my games on that map, the English formed from a breakaway faction of the Indians...

I have a question that relates to maps, but actually has to do with map generators. I've considered using the PerfectWorld map generator, which sets up one or more new worlds and old worlds like terra maps. But would Revolutions treat them the same as it would on a terra map, keeping the new world civs from becoming as advanced?

I always play with the PerfectWorld map script, and with default settings no barbarians even formed cities in the new world until the land was discovered, and a few managed to settle down before the area was colonized.

Yes, Revolution will treat them the same as on a Terra map. The one potential difference, as pointed out by Bob, is that Barb city generation may be a little different since I believe the 'new world' areas from PerfectWorld are smaller than with Terra. Starting in version 1.3 I customized the placement of barb cities for this mod, so you should see barb cities in new world areas more regularly ... there was an issue in the standard implementation which could block barb city founding on unoccupied areas in some circumstances. The new version instead weights settling towards occupied areas and decreases the weighting as the map fills up.

any prospect that you'll tweak Rhye's BTS map, which has an enlarged Europe, for use with Revolution games. The map is great -- allows most European civs to 3 or 4 civs instead of 1 or 2 -- and makes for a good game.

one more question -- does anyone know how to disable the limit within which cities can be built near already existing cities? I think the default is set at 2, with the game requiring at least 2 squares between cities. I'd like to get that down to 1. Thx.

nope - the mape that is posted has the smaller size Europe. It also has the default limit of 2 squares between cities, which can make setting up a European country with multiple cities difficult. I think Rhye has altered it to 1 for his scenarios.

one more question -- does anyone know how to disable the limit within which cities can be built near already existing cities? I think the default is set at 2, with the game requiring at least 2 squares between cities. I'd like to get that down to 1. Thx.

You have to change this in the global definitions. Create a file called GlobalDefinesAlt.xml in the XML folder. Add this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- edited with XMLSPY v2004 rel. 2 U (http://www.xmlspy.com) by Ed Piper (Firaxis Games) -->
<!-- Sid Meier's Civilization 4 -->
<!-- Copyright Firaxis Games 2005 -->
<!-- -->
<!-- Global Defines -->
<Civ4Defines xmlns="x-schema:CIV4GlobalDefinesSchema.xml">
	<Define>
		<DefineName>MIN_CITY_RANGE</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
</Civ4Defines>

This is how Rhye has done it, so it should work.

Top Bottom