Intra-team Pitboss Game?

DMOC - I agree with the settings proposed (normal continents, regular islands, islands mixed in). That's actually exactly what I was going to suggest. ;)

What no risk of a pre-catapult war? :confused: Oh well whatever everyone wants.

With picking leaders maybe we should limit the financial trait to lower-level players as a handicap. :mischief:
How about this revision then: the experienced players are not allowed to declare war on the inexperienced players before turn 100 (375 BC). However, it's perfectly fine for the inexperienced players to declare war on anyone they choose at any time, and fine for the experienced players to war amongst themselves at any time. How's that? :) (I count myself, Joshua, DMOC, plako, and Elucidus as the experienced players - anyone else I'm missing?)

Alternatively, we could make the rule: nobody is allowed to declare war on the inexperienced players before turn 100 (375 BC). However, everyone is free to declare war on the experienced players at any time. (The difference with this scenario being that the inexperienced players can't rush each other early on.)

Disallowing the experienced players from picking Financial leaders would also be very interesting, IMHO. I'd quite like that actually, it's about time I played a game with a non-Financial leader. :)

Maybe I'll just pick a non-Financial leader myself then. I'll see. :)

Hopefully Ginger_Ale will get around to accepting Elucidus into our forum soon, so he'll be able to participate in the discussions here - he's the one who'll be hosting this for us after all. ;)

Heh. Actually I've played with America before in a large multiplayer game, when we had random civ allocations. Ironically though, it happened to be back with vanilla Civ4, when Washington was Financial/Organized. :p

I know who I pick (not financial either), but should we all decide who we want to be first so undecided players don't pick "counters" to leaders they know they'll be fighting against? Or maybe we could all just tell the host and we won't find out who our opponents are until the game begins.

Also don't worry DMOC I haven't played like any true multiplayer games either. We can be inexperienced together...

Spoiler :
...and gang up on parkin. Shhhh.

Oh and I'm okay with the rule with me not being able to attack "inexperienced" players before turn 100, on the grounds that they allow open borders. I'm sure most would open them anyway, but I don't want to be blocked off due to rules. :hammer: (alternatively if a player will not open borders, that's fine but I'm allowed to attack them whenever :) )

considering you all already know my leader, I would be happy to be the organiser of leaders. Also are we allowing duplicates

We should definitely allow duplicates! This isn't a competitive game or anything, it's just for us to get to know each other, and maybe conquer each other. :)

That being said, maybe you should organize the leaders, hell_hound. How about starting your own thread here and listing all the interested players in this game? You can put a note next to each of our names saying "civ picked" or "still deciding." Once everyone has messaged you (privately), you can post the leaders.

okay.

I plan to play this game openly with screenshots of my lands and actions as to learn and improve so I hope no-one will take advantage of this knowledge, although these will probably be 20 or so turns behind the game as to not give anything away.

In the interest of this game, I think it might be best not to show us actual screenshots, but maybe tell us generalizations, such as: I have a city with 2 fish but 1 is a clam and the other is a fish and should I make 1 wb or 2.. OR tell us your initial tech and build order while telling us what kind of start you've got, etc. that kind of stuff. You can show us screenshots, but if so, could you zoom in so that no tiles are revealed that aren't necessary? For instance, if it's the capital you're talking about, double click in the city screen so that we see the tiles in the city screen but few tiles elsewhere.

We're more than willing to help, of course.

Yes, the reason being that he already told us what his leader will be (Willem van Orange). If we PM him, no one else will be able to know what each of us picked until he reveals all the leader choices.

It wouldn't be fair if one person chose Julius Caesar and then the other 8 picked Sitting Bull. :lol:

I thought we would tell Elucidus who are leader choices are because he's the one hosting the game? :confused:

Edit: Okay I see how it works. I guess that's fine.

How about this revision then: the experienced players are not allowed to declare war on the inexperienced players before turn 100 (375 BC). However, it's perfectly fine for the inexperienced players to declare war on anyone they choose at any time, and fine for the experienced players to war amongst themselves at any time. How's that? :) (I count myself, Joshua, DMOC, plako, and Elucidus as the experienced players - anyone else I'm missing?)

This makes most sense. Game can be played quite differently, if you know there will be peace.

Oh and I'm okay with the rule with me not being able to attack "inexperienced" players before turn 100, on the grounds that they allow open borders. I'm sure most would open them anyway, but I don't want to be blocked off due to rules. :hammer: (alternatively if a player will not open borders, that's fine but I'm allowed to attack them whenever :) )
Okay, let's add in the requirement that the less experienced players can't abuse the no-war thing in the early turns to block off other players from expanding. (Although I doubt that will be an issue on the kind of map we'll have - have you generated a map in WorldBuilder to test out just how much space each player will have? ;) )

By the way, in case it wasn't already obvious, if a less experienced player chooses to declare war on an experienced player, then obviously it becomes fair game for the experienced player to retaliate after that. :)

We should definitely allow duplicates! This isn't a competitive game or anything, it's just for us to get to know each other, and maybe conquer each other. :)

That being said, maybe you should organize the leaders, hell_hound. How about starting your own thread here and listing all the interested players in this game? You can put a note next to each of our names saying "civ picked" or "still deciding." Once everyone has messaged you (privately), you can post the leaders.
Here's a link to the leader picking thread.

In the interest of this game, I think it might be best not to show us actual screenshots, but maybe tell us generalizations, such as: I have a city with 2 fish but 1 is a clam and the other is a fish and should I make 1 wb or 2.. OR tell us your initial tech and build order while telling us what kind of start you've got, etc. that kind of stuff. You can show us screenshots, but if so, could you zoom in so that no tiles are revealed that aren't necessary? For instance, if it's the capital you're talking about, double click in the city screen so that we see the tiles in the city screen but few tiles elsewhere.

We're more than willing to help, of course.
I agree with DMOC, best not to post screenshots - at least until other players have actually found you and explored your land for themselves. Knowing you have or don't have Copper/Horses/Iron would be a major advantage to everyone else, for instance. ;)

Top Bottom