[MOD] Privateers, Pirates, and Buccaneers

Hmmm, next time if the game crashes make a save of all your autosaved games in another folder first thing. Then post that for me ok.

Concerning the error with loading of saved files in your mod I found on one of forums quite simple recommendation. This advice was related to one combined mod where "Privateers, Pirates, and Buccaneers 0.40a" where included as one of component part.

The advice is elementary simple. After desktop crash
- switch off computer,
- after few minutes switch on PC,
- load your mod and then the saved file where error happens during loading.

As result the "psevdo-defected" file could be loaded without problems. I tried this method on my files where I had crash on desktop and can confirm the successful loading.

Therefore, I don't think you could find reason of this error in the files that will be send you. At least my "defected" file you and TC01 could load without problems.

Concerning the error with loading of saved files in your mod I found on one of forums quite simple recommendation. This advice was related to one combined mod where "Privateers, Pirates, and Buccaneers 0.40a" where included as one of component part.

The advice is elementary simple. After desktop crash
- switch off computer,
- after few minutes switch on PC,
- load your mod and then the saved file where error happens during loading.

As result the "psevdo-defected" file could be loaded without problems. I tried this method on my files where I had crash on desktop and can confirm the successful loading.

Therefore, I don't think you could find reason of this error in the files that will be send you. At least my "defected" file you and TC01 could load without problems.

Thanks for this post! Any Idea why this error happens? I'll add this info to the main screen soon.

What all mods are in Terra_Incognita? What language is that posted in? I'll download it and check it out.

Any Idea why this error happens? I'll add this info to the main screen soon.
Probably, you are right here:

Some of the units I use are more graphicly intense than the normal Col units so that may have something to do with it.
and something wrong with graphics. Maybe something else. I don't know. To my opinion only if similar to my and Knickohr's desktop crash happens on your computer you could catch the real reason. Any sent you files containing such pseudo-defect couldn't help.

What all mods are in Terra_Incognita? What language is that posted in? I'll download it and check it out.

Information and a lot of screenshots about Terra Incognita is available here. Language on that forum is Russian.
I understand both English and Russian a little bit and here a very information about this mod.

Mod "Terra Incognita" is available only in English and required CivIVCol + 1.01f patch.

This mod is a combination of a number of various modes, including

- Privateers, Pirates, and Buccaneers 0.40а alpha DEBUG version,
- Plantation Economy v0.9 BETA - released june 15 2009,
- Better Looking Units BLUMod 0_6,
- 2-Plots City Radius,
- some elements from Triangle Trade mod,
- Europe Screen Release 5.0 beta 1,
- a number of ideas from "Letter of Marque" mod,
- graphic works of King MB, Writing Bull, Fankman aka Terence Hill from German forum.
- Planet_Generator_0_68.py, FaireWeatherTweak and a number of scenaries.

Plus a number of features like:

- regeneration of map in the beginning,
- both treasures cannot discover a map,
- possibility to take some money as credit,
- selling ships in Europe,
- possibility to bypass King's embargo in Europe,
- return from Europe in the required city,
- civilians refuse to destroy goods after the King's embargo to buy/sell,
- original city infrastructure system where no building except Basecamp is available in the beginning,
- each building required wood, tools and some special materials to be constructed,
- modified system of European prices and their changes,
etc. etc....

/Sorry, too many information on that forum to translate all/

I been working on the next update. Fixed several of the minor bugs and I have added lots of content. Here are some things to come...

Enter the Corsairs!!
Get to play as the Barbary Corsairs or their Arch Rivals the Knights of Malta. The Knights have been given Commission by the Spanish King while the Corsairs hold allegiance to the Ottoman Empire and their Islamic faith. These two powers go head to head in their Crusade to rid the known world of all Infidels and, of course, loot plunder :)

These two offer a slightly different features and experience than the European pirates with Different Units and different traits.

Want to go all out Pirate? Now you can..

Enter the Cicilian Pirate Confederation:

The Cicilians controlled the largest Pirate confederation of all time. Causing havoc all throughout the Mediterranean. It took the might of the Roman Empire to finally put and end to their raids. But now they are back.

These Pirates offer a whole new Experience. You can no longer trade with Europe as normal, nor do you collect Crosses, Liberty Bells or have Immigration. You will be limited to founding only one settlement. You will be able to Capture other Colonists on land and from ships. These units will be labeled as slaves and will not be as efficient as freemen, but You will be able to purchase their freedom in one or two ways. You will also be able to capture Cities.

Also, in order to "trade with Europe" you must enter a friendly city with a ship and command the unit to make port. Then you will be given access to the Europe screen. Here you can trade with that nations Europe but with certain restrictions. If you have slaves you can sell them here also. Experts and Masters go for higher price than other colonist.

Victory Conditions are slightly different. The other Nations about will be amassing an Expedition force to eradicate you. You must build up your Empire and your Fleet especially for when they attack, you must Keep at least one ship alive and you must Defeat their Navy in order to win.

Lots of other tweaks and features will be coming as well.. stay tuned!

Sounds cool... when do you think you'll release it??

Good question. As they say. "when its ready" :p.

Maybe, tomorrow, but I may not have the Cicilians up and running yet cause there is still a lot to do but I may just realease everything else.

I also plain to add the Vikings as a Pirate Confederation. If the Vickings weren't pirates then nobody was. I want to add a way for any of the other Leaders to be played as a Pirate Confederation as well.

Anyway, we'll see....

I also plain to add the Vikings as a Pirate Confederation. If the Vickings weren't pirates then nobody was. I want to add a way for any of the other Leaders to be played as a Pirate Confederation as well.

I'm wondering if a Viking scenario might be better then adding them as a regular civ? Vikings were long gone by 1492...

I'm wondering if a Viking scenario might be better then adding them as a regular civ? Vikings were long gone by 1492...

Yeah, they started fizziling out about the 11th century. I am encluding them and the Cicilians for two reasons. One for scenarios as you mentioned and two just cause they where a large thriving Pirate Community. They want be playble by the AI until a scenrio is create for them. The Cicilians would be a great addition to the Mare Nostrum mod however.

Yeah, they started fizziling out about the 11th century. I am encluding them and the Cicilians for two reasons. One for scenarios as you mentioned and two just cause they where a large thriving Pirate Community. They want be playble by the AI until a scenrio is create for them. The Cicilians would be a great addition to the Mare Nostrum mod however.

That would be a good idea. Why don't you suggest it in the Mare Nostrum forum?

That would be a good idea. Why don't you suggest it in the Mare Nostrum forum?

I will once a get a version up and running thats fun to play :)

Well I didn't get as much done today as I would have liked. A lot father along though. Been working on the Malta Knights. They where based in Malta of course and given charter by the King of Sicily. There they took action against the Muslims and especially the Barbary Pirates sometime around 1530, so that puts them right on time for the setting of Colonization. They took too many liberties though and soon people where calling them "Corsairs parading crosses".

In the next update, the Malta knights and the Barbary Corsairs will add the ability to Capture Colonists. These colonists will be labeled as "Enslaved". They will work at half the efficiency and want be able to create bells, crosses, or education.... but you can place them in a Temple or Monastery (the new Special Buildings for the Knights and Muslim Corsairs). There they want generate crosses instead there will be a chance each turn that they will Convert and accept the one true faith and be as regular Colonist.

Thats some more of whats coming in the next update...

Hi guys!I think the mod is succeed, gameplay is fantastic, but developing naval line too far, you quite fogot land units, I do not entirely see how to do this, maybe use generals to promote single unit into cavaleria squadron or regiment and so so. One more, I think artillery play too low role, we have use them to defend citys from naval units. Thats what I think all about the mod.

Hi guys!I think the mod is succeed, gameplay is fantastic, but developing naval line too far, you quite fogot land units, I do not entirely see how to do this, maybe use generals to promote single unit into cavaleria squadron or regiment and so so. One more, I think artillery play too low role, we have use them to defend citys from naval units. Thats what I think all about the mod.

Thanks for your input. Yes I agree the Naval line overshadows the land combat now in the mod. Thats a good idea though about Generals promoting units. Its hard enough to make time to mod the Naval aspect. Maybe someone else will mod the Land combat someday.

Cannons defending a fortress from naval attacks is a good idea as well. Both your ideas are duely noted!

I just uploaded 0.5 for testing. See the first post for details.
Great mod! A lot of interesting elements. Good luck in development.

No problems during loading, however I found one strange thing. Please, see set of screens.

My ship attacks a French caravel.

In the end of battle a message appears:

Answer "Yes", my Freebooter disappears (as should be)

but where is my just-captured caravel?

The caravel is really absent.

I lost not only my Freebooter and caravel, but also possible loot and colonists from this ship.

I guess this is a bug.

Great mod! A lot of interesting elements. Good luck in development.

No problems during loading, however I found one strange thing. Please, see set of screens.

Thanks for the report. I am uploading a fix as I write this. You can't capture slaves until a Nation has its first city going but there was a bug that prevented captureing ships as well. That has been fixed. Also, the Slaver promotion now requires Looter and Veteran I. The new upload should be ready after about 30-40min after this post.

got him again, the crash on loading a savegame. Tried the mentioned workaround but it doesnt help.

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: Colonization.exe
Anwendungsversion: 1.0.0.1
Anwendungszeitstempel: 49a88196
Fehlermodulname: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fehlermodulversion: 0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4a89301c
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 0010ef2c
Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 35e3
Zusatzinformation 2: 37f4ec5d58068873a21f2805e6aa528f
Zusatzinformation 3: 4f85
Zusatzinformation 4: 20abe835967c4126a1ea4eef143cab78

Attachments

• thomas AD-1496.ColonizationSave
    41.6 KB · Views: 120
got him again, the crash on loading a savegame. Tried the mentioned workaround but it doesnt help.

I down loaded the save and it started up just fine for me. It may have something to do with the new Units and your graphics card. Is everything up to date? Try a game without useing the new Privateering Captains as the Vanilla Leaders's units are the same as the normal game and the AI should not be useing "Buccaneer" units and see if you can save and load just.

Would it be fairly simple for me to merge this new version into Terra Incognita or should I wait?

I would wait a few days and see if there are any major bugs present or play through a game yourself and make sure there isn't anything that needs to be fix. But you can do as you please when ever you please :goodjob:

Just uploaded a patched version, link is on first page.

Version 0.5b
-Fix an error that prevented all Privateers from getting all the new Crew Promotions.
- Difficulty settings now effect how early and how often the AI gets new ships. There is a new attribute in the Handicapinfos.xml that effects this, the lower the easier. The settings should go from 0 to 130;
Code:
<iPrivateerReinforcements>50</iPrivateerReinforcements>

Hello everyone... I think that I have an error to report:

while the pirate-affiliation of my cities is about 130%, I have not received the option to build a smugglers inn/buccaneers den. I have plenty of run, and a "dread pirate" with one of the aforementioned cities as his home port... am I missing something?? Thanks in advance...

Top Bottom