My Mods and Scenarios freezing?! Need help

Mudrac

Orc Warchief
Hi everyone, about 10 days ago I posted a thread where I expressed the issue I had with Scenarios, although I didn't get any reply, I reconciled that I won't be able to play Scenarios, but at least I still had Mods. Just today I started a Mod and BAM! The game froze right at the start, the same like with Scenarios. I really don't know what's the problem and why it's happening? :confused:

I reinstalled it back when I had problem with Scenarios and they still didn't work. I verified the integrity of files and it still doesn't work. I am gonna do a reinstall again. But, since it is quite possible that it won't work again, do you guys have any idea how can I fix this problem? Any feedback would be very appreciated.

It's tough to know exactly what's up with the scenarios... it's very vague.

Scenarios as in the built-in scenarios (COnquest of the New World, Into the Renaissance etc.) or custom scenarios (World at 2012 AD ot whateveR)

Not all mods go with each other, sometimes mod simply conflict causing game to behave inappropriately.

Custom mods and scenarios are morel ikely to go awry if they are simply badly designed.

It's tough to know exactly what's up with the scenarios... it's very vague.

Scenarios as in the built-in scenarios (COnquest of the New World, Into the Renaissance etc.) or custom scenarios (World at 2012 AD ot whateveR)

Not all mods go with each other, sometimes mod simply conflict causing game to behave inappropriately.

Custom mods and scenarios are morel ikely to go awry if they are simply badly designed.

No, I am talking build-in scenarios not working. And I wasn't using multiple mods, just one and still not working.

Found the solution! It seems that it had something to do with some corrupt Autosave left by some other mod (probably from Mod of Ice and Fire), that seems to have affected both Mods and Scenarios. I deleted it and now everything is working fine. ;)

This thread can be closed.

this sounds like a somewhat serious bug if simply having a corrupt save could freeze the game. if a save file is broken it should've been ignored by the game, and not loaded at all.

Top Bottom