Official Rise from Erebus Forums

Valkrionn

The Hamster King
Official Forums - NO LONGER ACTIVE

We have moved to our own forums with the release of 1.31. Why? Well, for various reasons. Most notably the fact that we are unable to moderate the current forum, meaning we cannot:
  • Make a sticky thread.
  • Make subforums.
  • Edit each other's posts (so that other team members can update posts, rather than only the person who makes the thread!)
  • Moderate discussion (Combining posts/threads, editing troll posts, etc)

By moving to a private forum, we gain all of those powers. We can also control the look of the forum; I feel Grey Fox has done an excellent job there. :goodjob:

One thing I'm sure you are all wondering: Will we continue to post in and maintain this forum? Yes, we will, but we may not be as active as we previously were. If you want to ensure that we'll respond quickly, come to the new forum. ;)

The new site has multiple subforums (including three! devoted entirely to modding) and is fairly well organized; Registration is very simple. This also means we don't have to yell at people for making so many new threads anymore. :p We hope to see you there. ;)

Moderator Action: Broken link updated with last web archive version - Blake00

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you still keep us updated here as well.
(I prefere this Forum because I can inform me here also about the other mods)

I only wish that the layout would not be as messed up as it is. :(

Yeah I am going to fix it eventually. If you can however, I suggest not using Internet Explorer. Or try out Internet Explorer 9, I am not sure if the site works in that, but I am also not inclined to install it yet because I am not sure if I can test the site in the previous versions if I do that.

Internet Explorer has always sucked and IE9 might be the first IE browser that is actually any semblance of decent, it might actually take the lead for a while if I understand things properly. But it's still in beta.

If you can, use Firefox (or Palemon), Chrome (or Rockmelt), Opera or some other browser that doesn't totally suck until I've fixed everything in IE.

the site appears to be offline just now. 500 internal server error

edit, nevermind jsut a hiccup I guess. maybe the host isn't great

i have 2 civilization ideas for Rife. :hatsoff:

well, considering that the original rife team is somewhat no longer developing the game, you might consider making a new thread about your suggestion and hope someone who still plays this game will pick it up and create a module -- or better, learn how to do them yourself :) it's not really that hard, and you should find some help in already released modules for RifE

( btw, welcome on the forums )

well, considering that the original rife team is somewhat no longer developing the game, you might consider making a new thread about your suggestion and hope someone who still plays this game will pick it up and create a module -- or better, learn how to do them yourself :) it's not really that hard, and you should find some help in already released modules for RifE

( btw, welcome on the forums )

Good idea, if you could give me a link on a tutorial on how to do that i will be very grateful (btw, thanks :D

Good idea, if you could give me a link on a tutorial on how to do that i will be very grateful (btw, thanks :D

well, there isn't any tutorial on how to make module for RifE specifically - it's standard BtS module with some extended xml loading and python support

so, take this tutorial:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=234970
with exception, that your module should be in "/Assets/Modules/NormalModules/"
which should give idea about files

i guess that's about as far as i can help you, i'm terrible at making tutorials or guides

I don't want to come across as thick but I have been trying for many days, and many times for that matter, to check this new forum (http://greyfox.me/rife/) but every time I receive this error message:

This site has been temporarily disabled, please try again later.

Does anyone have any clue what is going on? Is the forum down permanently or?

Grey Fox didn't pay the hosting bill. Now the site is down.

you should be beginning to see the end of your thesis no ? or at least the beginning of the end...
how does it feels like currently ?

Top Bottom