G-Minor 195

How do you keep your economy afloat without Currency?
Once you get Aesthetics you can get way more money from failgold than Currency could ever net you, especially if you are playing Ramesses.

But still, I usually do get currency, haven't tried skipping it.

How do you keep your economy afloat without Currency?
Early on, conquest gold keeps things going (if not using the no raising option). After that, I don't need much economy, either I'm doing research or raising culture. I will tech currency after Lib with 0 research. The AI have very little cash to trade and I am usually running artists everywhere, so each one produces 1 beaker.

Once you get Aesthetics you can get way more money from failgold than Currency could ever net you, especially if you are playing Ramesses.
Presumably by building the same wonder in a few of your own cities as relying on the Noble AI to build them in time seems a bit precarious.

I don't know where he finds the hammers for that. I'm always struggling to get everything built. Temples, cathedrals and wonders. Maybe I can try Zeus in one of the minor cities.

Just micro the builds a bit. Whenever you whip a temple or something, put a wonder there next turn to catch the overflow. A single wonder can be switched around between lots of cities this way. Then put the wonder back to the city that will build it when there are chops coming in.

I'm usually running caste after CS to keep the artists coming and chopping/slow building the temples and missionaries. The micro I do is to push artists from cities 4-6 using caste and farms. When do you get Lib with this method? I'm looking for it around between 100 AD and 300 AD.

In my 1270 game I libbed 1AD, but didn't go into caste/paci until 520AD. Most of the religion spread and wonder building happened in between. I don't remember how much I was doing failgold in this game, but probably quite a bit to keep culture slider at 100% all the time.

There's no rush to get into CS. It doesn't help to get Great Artists earlier. I often wait until the prophet from Oracle arrives (this would be the 2nd GP, first is usually scientist for Philo), then go into golden age and start pumping them out. During this golden age Taj Mahal should be completed, you get a bonus turn of golden age if you already are in one when Taj completes. In the 1270 game it seems I didn't manage to do that. For some reason I failed to get Taj built during the first GA. Don't remember what happened.

Some interesting idea's elite, thanks for sharing.

My early GA's get settled in city#2. It's something I think I recall from the days of Jesusin. 36 cpt's per turn (assuming 4 religions) vs 4000 at the end is the calculation, that's about 111 turns, so if they come early they are better settled.
My 1st GP is scientist for Academy in the capital, usually just before Oracle, then I push for all Artists.

I'll try out your suggestions and see how I do. I am a bit rusty, especially with the micro techniques.

I think settling an early GA is mostly something you would do with the one you pop from Music. Going into CS early to generate GAs for settling >111 turns before victory is too costly. Even if they would have time to generate more culture than a culture bomb, you lose too much by delaying temples, cathedrals and wonders.

Hi!

Can I choose sea level and climate?

And random events - it it possible to turn off it?

Yes, you can play without random events and you can choose the sea level and climate too.

If something isn't mentioned in the 1st post, you're free to choose whatever fits your playstyle.

Thx!

MF dont work. ALT-M open "Create Reminder" instead of running MF and I dont see HOF page in game options menu where (5 years ago) I can check MF option. What wrong?

HOF mod 3-19-003 is running at that time...

Thx!

MF dont work. ALT-M open "Create Reminder" instead of running MF and I dont see HOF page in game options menu where 5 years ago I can check MF option. What wrong?

HOF mod 3-19-003 is running at that time...

Ctrl-Alt-F. Ctrl-Alt-G. The MapFinder page needs to be updated.

Ctrl-Alt-F - dont work too

do you see HOF page in game options menu:
OPTION
-game
-graphics
-audio
-others

There is no page HOF now and I cant check "use map finder" option. Is it bug or not?

OK )) buttons now work but path is wrong

I see this message when trying to run MF:
"Map Finder save path is invalid: C:\Program Files\Civ4_Map_Finder\Save"

Wich path is correct?

MF setup write such path: C:\Users\*Usaer_NAME*\Documents\My Games\Civ4_Map_Finder

I use exactly path in MF!

But game tells me when i try to start MF: "Map Finder save path is invalid: C:\Program Files\Civ4_Map_Finder\Save"

Is it possible to make changes manually via ini files? May be somewhat else?

OK problem with path solved. I change installation path in instal vizard.

One more issue: MF saves 3 files for each map: game save, screen shot and text file. Game saves differs but srceen shots are identical and looks like desktop without game running.

System - Win 7

You need to run Civ in Windowed mode or the screenshots won't work. Edit CivilizationIV.ini, find the row that says "Specify whether to play in fullscreen mode 0/1/ask" and change to "FullScreen = ask".

Top Bottom