World Religion?

Question...

I founded my own religion, and was situation on a continent with Arabia, whose Islam was dominating like crazy, spreading to 2 other civs. At this time, the W.C. was founded and Carthage made a proposal to adapt ISLAM as a world language. In the 90 turns (I play on Marathon) before the vote, I went to war and crushed Arabia, capturing their holy city of Mecca. Since then, I've converted most of the cities (including Carthage's cities) to my own religion.

Then... when the W.C. meets up, they adopt Carthage's proposal! World Religion is Islam! What does that mean for me since I control their holy city, while keeping my own religion prominent?

Arabia will vote for Islam because he founded it
Others will vote for Islam if it is their majority religion
Others will vote however they are bribed

Question...

I founded my own religion, and was situation on a continent with Arabia, whose Islam was dominating like crazy, spreading to 2 other civs. At this time, the W.C. was founded and Carthage made a proposal to adapt ISLAM as a world language. In the 90 turns (I play on Marathon) before the vote, I went to war and crushed Arabia, capturing their holy city of Mecca. Since then, I've converted most of the cities (including Carthage's cities) to my own religion.

Then... when the W.C. meets up, they adopt Carthage's proposal! World Religion is Islam! What does that mean for me since I control their holy city, while keeping my own religion prominent?
1. save lot of amount of gold.
2. Proposed to Repel the religion.
3. Bribe every CS on the game in the last 2-1 turn before WC meets up again.
4. repeat #1
5. proposed your religion
5.5. spread your religion
6. repeat # 3
7. everybody is happy. :) or not.

I think OP wants to know whether you gain the tourism bonus in the captured holy city or not. I am also wondering whether that's the case. The follower civs who have Islam would have 2 additional delegates and Islam would spread faster, so yes, it's best to repel the world religion ASAP as shown in previous post.

Capturing a holy city will allow you to build the grand temple in the new holy city, so be careful when trying to build the grand temple for the religion that you didn't make.

I think OP wants to know whether you gain the tourism bonus in the captured holy city or not. I am also wondering whether that's the case. The follower civs who have Islam would have 2 additional delegates and Islam would spread faster, so yes, it's best to repel the world religion ASAP as shown in previous post.

Yes. I am wondering if it's good for me to have a World Religion proclaimed if I am NOT following that religion BUT I control its Holy City. What benefits do I get from it?

(also, it's key to note that Arabia, the founder of Islam, has been eliminated, if that makes any difference)

Top Bottom