Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
no. I updated then started a new game. It only happens with the babylonians. The first time it happened the leader - head was half distorted. wierd.

So what is the report on my v1.01? What do you like and dislike? 6 people have downloaded it and I'd like to know what you think?

tacfun

so nobody understands why the babylonians are causing a crash to desktop? I am not getting any error messages, it just kicks me to the desktop. This is my first game with Rhye's mod and I gotta finish it .... this mod is too good!

Did you try to re-download and re-install the mod? Sounds like it may be caused by some corrupt files.

@estonianman- Do you have the latest C3C patch? 1.22?

EDIT: Isn't Rhye supposed to be back soon?

Finlandiaciv said:
is the 1.29 Vanilla version ready?
No, and Rhye is currently away from home... He should be back soon (a couple days) iirc.

He is meant to be back on the 8th. Which is today. Rhye please consider my proposal of posting all updates. As i and others have fallen behind and cannot catch up again wtihout downloading the whole thing again.

Tyrion said:
He is meant to be back on the 8th. Which is today. Rhye please consider my proposal of posting all updates. As i and others have fallen behind and cannot catch up again wtihout downloading the whole thing again.
I share the sentiment but the reason he isn't doing that is that he simply ran out of his alotted space on the current server...

what do you know, rhye comes back the same day i come back from a hurricane power outage.

Blasphemous said:
I share the sentiment but the reason he isn't doing that is that he simply ran out of his alotted space on the current server...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must also say that this mod is extremely impressive indeed, good show. One thing though, in my current game tech is running a bit behind, I'm entering the 1900s and only civ has managed to get to the industrial age, I'm one tech away from it myself and its unlikely anyone will get close to space ship building with only 100 turns to go through 2 ages. Is this a common occurence? I'm playing on Regent difficulty.

I apologise if this has been said in the forum ealrier - I tried to look through and see if this was posted ...
1.) If you import civs in the editor that were deleted (to get the celts back) will that cause a crash at some point?
2.) I understand the speed implications - but if you wanted to use a larger map and import it (say TET's 362 map in the editor to create a new BIQ) will that cause a problem? I like the rules re: deserts and mountains but I want a bigger map! a little slowdown is OK by me.

Now, let's begin with the replies:

mostly_harmless said:
I must also say that this mod is extremely impressive indeed, good show. One thing though, in my current game tech is running a bit behind, I'm entering the 1900s and only civ has managed to get to the industrial age, I'm one tech away from it myself and its unlikely anyone will get close to space ship building with only 100 turns to go through 2 ages. Is this a common occurence? I'm playing on Regent difficulty.

The timeline should be OK for Emperor level. Lower levels will cause slower science progress (in every civ game, not only in my mod)

elbow said:
I apologise if this has been said in the forum ealrier - I tried to look through and see if this was posted ...
1.) If you import civs in the editor that were deleted (to get the celts back) will that cause a crash at some point?
2.) I understand the speed implications - but if you wanted to use a larger map and import it (say TET's 362 map in the editor to create a new BIQ) will that cause a problem? I like the rules re: deserts and mountains but I want a bigger map! a little slowdown is OK by me.

1) Don't import the civs, you would lose all the other changes. Just replace manually a civ you don't like.

2)I'm sorry but the map factor is 60% of the total time cut. The remaining 40% is by the rules.
I can give you an approximate loading time in the 270th turn with what you want to do: it should be about 30 minutes (with my computer).
You can try but this is my advice. Remember that mine is not only smaller: it has many little tricks in barbarian and terrains placement to reduce the times.

Blasphemous said:

In fact this is the reason. I'll ask Thunderfall for some space in his ftp.
But I'll need a new server anyway: the Xpack will need frequent updates and I can't ask Thunderfall everytime.
I'd like to make another account at ultraweb.hu, but I don't understand Hungarian, and habee has vanished.
Please if anybody knows where to register a free 100MB space, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom