[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

I tried to install this. I downloaded the folders, but I cannot find where install mod is when I go to browse mods. I do not see a listing to activate this mod.

I got it to load but it gives me no options for map size or civs in the custom setup screen???

Thank you for this awesome map!
How is the support for Spain, Inca and Babylon (if I decide to buy them), and is it possible to make a version where the european states gets some sort of start bonus or something, so they aren't completely screwed compared to the rest of the civs?

Thank you for an awesome map-pack!
:)

EDIT: Showed it to my friends - hate Civ5 for not supporting mods in multiplayer ;)

I have tried v.6 with your new city states mod and after a save the name of the two city states I had contact with switched from Native American tribe names to Tyre etc. Any thoughs.
it's annoying that we can't yet define the mods dependancy in modbuddy.

maybe you de-activate the CS mod between saving and reloading your game ?

if so, it should be activated after the ynaemp mod.

Hi,

I tried your mod but the start location of each civilization is completly false:

View attachment 279646

Is it due to the new patch?
no, that's the wrong map loading bug. from the minimap it's the original Dale's Huge Map.

someone as reported that selecting another map from the Ynaemp menu, then reselect the giant map before launching the game was a workaround for this bug.

Everything works on the huge map, but when I try to play the giant map (with any civilization) it says I have been defeated before I can even play a turn. Any ideas?
I'll like to see the log for this bug

I tried to install this. I downloaded the folders, but I cannot find where install mod is when I go to browse mods. I do not see a listing to activate this mod.

I got it to load but it gives me no options for map size or civs in the custom setup screen???
when downloaded in the mod folder, the "install" button is in the "installed mod tab" of the mod menu.

alternativly, if you use 7zip, you can directly unpack the mod in the folder.

Thank you for this awesome map!
How is the support for Spain, Inca and Babylon (if I decide to buy them), and is it possible to make a version where the european states gets some sort of start bonus or something, so they aren't completely screwed compared to the rest of the civs?

Thank you for an awesome map-pack!
:)

EDIT: Showed it to my friends - hate Civ5 for not supporting mods in multiplayer ;)
All those DLC civs are compatible. In fact I started this mod so that I didn't need to edit 5 or 6 versions of each map depending of the civ version and DLC of the user...

about a start bonus, I don't know if I'll be able to implement it, but a different minimum city distance by region may help (allowing close city in europe only for example)

Gedemon, just wanted to say thank you for these maps and the modding effort you put into them. TSL is the only way to play!

I've been looking for some more region specific maps, e.g. Europe, but everything I've found still relies on Load Scenario. Are you planning on making narrow-focused maps eventually?

Gedemon, just wanted to say thank you for these maps and the modding effort you put into them. TSL is the only way to play!

I've been looking for some more region specific maps, e.g. Europe, but everything I've found still relies on Load Scenario. Are you planning on making narrow-focused maps eventually?

yes, and I suppose that an european map (with North Africa / part of Middle east) will be the next map added.

I won't give an ETA, I've got some other things in the todo list for YnAEMP first (and I also want to update my Stalingrad scenario, not saying that another project is taking most of my modding time...)

but yes, I definitly plan to do that, and suggestions for the maps (2-3 different size) to use are welcome...

hi Gedemon,i also have the giant map's problem,are there any walkarounds?
maybe this : try to select the huge or standard map then reselect the giant map in the custom option menu

can't test it myself, I still can't reproduce this bug...

Sorry, beginner question, but how do I do this?

- Enable lua loging : open the config.ini file (in "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5") with notepad or any other text editor, find the line with "LoggingEnabled = 0" and replace by "LoggingEnabled = 1"
- Launch YnAEMP, and if you still have the bug go to the "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs" folder, open Lua.log with your text editor, and send me a PM with a copy/paste of the content of the file with a description of your problem. (or save the log as a .txt file and post it here)

(I've just edited the first post to add a troubleshooting section)

maybe this : try to select the huge or standard map then reselect the giant map in the custom option menu

can't test it myself, I still can't reproduce this bug...

- Enable lua loging : open the config.ini file (in "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5") with notepad or any other text editor, find the line with "LoggingEnabled = 0" and replace by "LoggingEnabled = 1"
- Launch YnAEMP, and if you still have the bug go to the "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs" folder, open Lua.log with your text editor, and send me a PM with a copy/paste of the content of the file with a description of your problem. (or save the log as a .txt file and post it here)

(I've just edited the first post to add a troubleshooting section)

Thanks so much for the help! Am out of town so won't have a chance to play till next week, but will send you a message then.

I'm unable to play, the mod crashes the game as soon as the leaderhead appears. I can play Shigg's earth map and the Legendary map, but not this one! Have tried reinstalling quite a few times, and all kinds of options, and it always just crashes. Here's the LUA log, and thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    89.3 KB · Views: 105
I'm unable to play, the mod crashes the game as soon as the leaderhead appears. I can play Shigg's earth map and the Legendary map, but not this one! Have tried reinstalling quite a few times, and all kinds of options, and it always just crashes. Here's the LUA log, and thanks for any help!

thanx for the report, I think it's a problem with the CS mods and the fact that dependancy can't be set...

I'll made the CS completly stand-alone mods in next version, as a quick fix you can do one of the following :
- disable the YnAEMP CS mod from the mod menu
- or delete / rename the file MinorCivAdded.xml from the "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 6)\XML" folder

thanx for the report, I think it's a problem with the CS mods and the fact that dependancy can't be set...

I'll made the CS completly stand-alone mods in next version, as a quick fix you can do one of the following :
- disable the YnAEMP CS mod from the mod menu
- or delete / rename the file MinorCivAdded.xml from the "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 6)\XML" folder

Renamed to MinorCivAdded.bak, and attempted to run the mod both with and without the CS mod enabled. Takes a few seconds longer on the leaderhead screen before it crashes. GEM was my favorite map for Civ4, would really love to get this working.

Attachments

• Lua2.txt
    95.2 KB · Views: 82
If you already tried to clean the cache, then it could be a hardware issue, how many memory do you have and which version of windows do you use ?

you can try the giant map alone, if it crash at load, then it's most surely hardware related.

I'm sorry that I can't give a real estimation of the cpu/ram needed for the giant map, but I recommand a quadcore with more than 4GB ram running on win7 64.

Gedemon,

Is there a way to pass the 44 City States limit? I really would like to have 100 CS to fill the world a bit more.

I tried to add CS's in MinorCivAdded.xml but no luck.. Can u help me?

You should also add a function to put more CS in next version :)

Gedemon,

Is there a way to pass the 44 City States limit? I really would like to have 100 CS to fill the world a bit more.

I tried to add CS's in MinorCivAdded.xml but no luck.. Can u help me?

You should also add a function to put more CS in next version :)

that can't be done without the c++ SDK.

and that's the reason why I've separated the CS mod from the map mod, even if you have a MinorCivilizations table with 60+ city-states to choose from, only 40 (or 41 don't remember) randomy selected by the game engine will be on your map...

that can't be done without the c++ SDK.

and that's the reason why I've separated the CS mod from the map mod, even if you have a MinorCivilizations table with 60+ city-states to choose from, only 40 (or 41 don't remember) randomy selected by the game engine will be on your map...
damn :(

But you say its possible with c++ SDK but is it easy to do? I hope someone can do this.

If you already tried to clean the cache, then it could be a hardware issue, how many memory do you have and which version of windows do you use ?

you can try the giant map alone, if it crash at load, then it's most surely hardware related.

I'm sorry that I can't give a real estimation of the cpu/ram needed for the giant map, but I recommand a quadcore with more than 4GB ram running on win7 64.

The regular Giant map also crashes on load. I really thought my system could handle it:

AMD Phenom II X4 3.20GHz
4 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 460
Windows 7 Home 32-bit

Attachments

• Lua3.txt
    634 bytes · Views: 96
damn :(

But you say its possible with c++ SDK but is it easy to do? I hope someone can do this.
If it's as Civ4, it won't be difficult, now we don't know when the c++ code will be available...

and there are already a lot to fix in the existing parts of the SDK, so...

The regular Giant map also crashes on load. I really thought my system could handle it:

AMD Phenom II X4 3.20GHz
4 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 460
Windows 7 Home 32-bit
Well, if it can't, there are still a lot of people that won't be able to load it neither... but as I said, if the regular map crash, then it's most certainly not a mod problem, sorry.

Every time i try to play, when the game loads up i get an automatic defeat. How do i rectify this?

well, as said, I'll like to see the log for this bug ;)

Top Bottom