Announcing BUFFY

Like I said, I have all the victory conditions checked, including time. I triple checked because that's what I thought the issue was too.
Check the games options you have set against the HOF Rules. There may be some mixup in the messages. Let us know what it is so we can fix it next time.

Excellent job :goodjob:
I don't think I'll play another game without BUFFY.

I don't understand. What is the difference between BUFFY and BUG/BULL?
  • BUG is Beyond the Sword Unaltered Game play. It is a mod that radically improves the civ4 user interface.
  • BAT is BUG plus a whole bunch of pretty graphics
  • BULL is BUg dLL. BUG does not use a DLL. BULL is an extension of BUG that requires its own DLL and allows us to do great stuff that we couldn't do before.
  • BUFFY is BUG+BULL+HOF stuff (game checking v HOF requirements, secret file stuff, etc)

Added to FAQ in Post #4

Thanks. :) I knew the BUG/BAT/BULL difference, but what is the HOF stuff added onto that in BUFFY though? I don't understand what 'game checking v HOF requirements, secret file stuff' means. Does it make any difference for non-HOF civers?

Thanks. :) I knew the BUG/BAT/BULL difference, but what is the HOF stuff added onto that in BUFFY though? I don't understand what 'game checking v HOF requirements, secret file stuff' means. Does it make any difference for non-HOF civers?
If you don't play HOF, GOTM, SGOTM games then you can ignore BUFFY. We are in the process of getting an official BUG out that will include BULL and get BUG+BULL up to where BUFFY currently is.

Buffy seems to work fine until i try and load an auto-saved game during a game, which causes a crash every time. Is this a problem anyone else has encountered ?

Buffy seems to work fine until i try and load an auto-saved game during a game, which causes a crash every time. Is this a problem anyone else has encountered ?
it's an old HoF problem
does so very often

typically, you start a game,
play a while, then note that the map doesn't fit your criteria, you want to regenerate, you can't because you played already,
so you want to reload the initial save, and then you crash.
just double click the autosave directly in the directory you need after the crash (or after exiting), it will be fine.

So far everything has looked good except the Turn Count display. Tried a creating test map for SGOTM 10 and it I can not get it to show either the correct turn, max turns, or %.

See screenshot.

Attachments

• Turn Count Problem0000.JPG
    Turn Count Problem0000.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 142
:sleep::sleep:
I've tried to play a few games with Buffy but keep running into the same bug -- everytime I attack a city with more than 1 unit the game crashes to the desktop.

I don't know what info is useful for tracking down things like this, but here's a screenshot of the error message and a copy of the file it offers to send. Hope that helps.

I have the same problem. It works fine without Stack Attack, but....snore...:sleep:

So far everything has looked good except the Turn Count display. Tried a creating test map for SGOTM 10 and it I can not get it to show either the correct turn, max turns, or %.

If you disable NJAGC then it will display the turn number correctly. However I still haven't worked out how to get it to display the total turns number. Perhaps something changed in the 3.19 patch? :dunno:

See screenshot.
poor little mod - your selections have confused it. You cannot have completed turns, total turns and percentage all checked for the one view. Change it so that the options are:

Clock checked checked
completed turns checked unchecked
total turns checked unchecked
percentage unchecked checked
game date checked checked

Edit: I take that back - just opened a game and have them all checked and they show ok. Wonder what the issue is.

suggest you turn off 'stack attack'. We are looking at the issue.

Hmm, can't seem to get BTS to load after installing the Mod. I had installed into my \BTS main folder, since I was just going to run it all the time like I was doing with BUG. Now I can't get BTS to load at all. Every time I get the Microsoft "has encounterred a problem and needs to close" screen. Thanks for the hard work, I'm looking forward to the BUFFY mod...

I installed BUFFY as a mod, then created a shortcut to load BtS with with the BUFFY mod. It may be in the forums in another place, but here's how to do it...

1. Right click on your existing BtS shortcut, select Copy
2. Right click on Desktop, select Copy Shortcut
3. Right click on new shortcut, select Properties
4. In the Properties window, select the Shortcut Tab, if not selected
5. Left click in the text box for Target:, scroll all the way to the right (or hit END key)
6. Add mod=/BUFFY-3.19.001 to the end of the text in the text box (no spaces first)
7. Select the General Tab
8. Rename the shortcut to Civ4 BtS BUFFY-3.19.001 or similar
9. Click Apply or OK to close Properties Window

Same procedure works for any mod you like to use for BtS, or Warlords HOF-2.13.003, or Civ4 HOF-1.74.003, or...

Hmm, can't seem to get BTS to load after installing the Mod. I had installed into my \BTS main folder, since I was just going to run it all the time like I was doing with BUG. Now I can't get BTS to load at all. Every time I get the Microsoft "has encounterred a problem and needs to close" screen. Thanks for the hard work, I'm looking forward to the BUFFY mod...
Did you patch BTS to 3.19?

Top Bottom