Nukes ? When are they used?

I do remember once considering nuking a Civ`s spaceship production cos it was close to winning, but I just couldn`t bring myself to do it. It had been a nice Civ with me, and it seemed so wrong of me to do it.

So I didn`t.

I wonder if the AI ever thinks like that? Probably not, unless they programmed `emotions`and `morality` into the game.

Over 600 hours of civ V. I've seen a nuke used only once, and it was by the AI. It was in a game where I played on the Earth map, huge size, and tried going for domination victory. The game got to the point where it was my giant empire against rome's huge empire. Rome built several nukes (i built several GDRs), and ended up using it on one of the cities I captured from them (in the end, it was a stupid target for the AI to pick, as it did very little damage overall to my army and my empire).

I had animations turned on (wanted to see GDR's in action), and when I saw this plane fly over, I thought my game had glitched. Like a wtf moment. It was a nuke. Stupid AI.

I still love that they are in the game.

BTW...a GDR's get wrecked by battleships. Can't bring them anywhere near 3 tiles of the shore.

Top Bottom