[SDK] Dale's Combat Mod!

Looks like a great mod, but it won't work on my computer. When the game restarts to load the mod, the bar that shows that it is loading never comes up and the game doesn't run. Do you have any suggestions?

I have the same bug. It seems to be only an issue with the download: I have version 2.08 of warlords, and downloaded the correct version, and extracted correctly. Any ideas what's causing this?

EDIT: Whoops, read the post above. Ah well, just 1 month to go...

Well, after reading about this mod in Gaming for Windows, I decided to reinstall Civ4 and try it. I did so, updated to the latest patch 1.61 (no Warlords), and all I get when I try to load the mod is a crash. Needless to say, that was a bit of a disappointment.

I understand you don't intend to update the mod until BtS, but I have Visual Studio 2005 installed, so is there any chance you'll release the DLL source code so I can fix it for myself?

Hey Dale, first off congrats on getting in to GfW Magazine :goodjob:

Now I have a question. Is there a way for me to add your mod to Rhye's and Fall of Civilization?

Dale,

a question on using this thing with warlords... if I want to have stacked combat in a warlords scenario I saw that I cant load the mod and then load the scenario. Should I copy files from your mod into the warlords Scenario folder. I know the units changed but what should I do to add stacked combat to warlords scenarios?

thanks for the help...

E:

Note that the stacked combat doesn't work with WL 2.08. I never got around to converting it.

Otherwise, you'd have to make sure the other mod doesn't use an SDK file, then merge my changes in the xml files into theirs.

Yeah I never updated to 2.08.. I'm just holding out for BTS (and I wanted to use your mod).

Thanks, I'll attempt the merge. I noticed that the options for the game says stack attack (or something like that) any chance Firaxis will just incorporate your mod and make it an option instead of a mod? I can only hope...

Hi! im new to the forum and i am in need of help. I have the warlords version of the game and when i try to load the dales combat mod the game crashes out to the desktop. Does anyone have any ideas of how i should do to get this awesome mod to work?

Thanks in advance!

Still can't get this working in anything but vanilla civ. I tried it in warlords, and bts. I've tried the just casa download in bts, but I just get crashes. I'm running civ4 complete on vista 64 bit.

Still can't get this working in anything but vanilla civ. I tried it in warlords, and bts. I've tried the just casa download in bts, but I just get crashes. I'm running civ4 complete on vista 64 bit.

could be an issue with the vista & 64bit. I believe this mod was intended just for bts, would need some recoding for vanilla/warlords

could be an issue with the vista & 64bit. I believe this mod was intended just for bts, would need some recoding for vanilla/warlords

First page says vanilla and warlords, but Ithere is a seperate thread for the bts version, which I can't get working either.

This might be a solution, but I have no idea what it means. Half of it looks like a foreign language to me.

First page says vanilla and warlords, but Ithere is a seperate thread for the bts version, which I can't get working either.

This might be a solution, but I have no idea what it means. Half of it looks like a foreign language to me.

Are you using the "Complete Edition" or just the individual games?

Top Bottom