Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

What Gives! I cant get this mod to run. I put all the files in the right place but Europaeuropa doesnt show up on the 'start scenario list'. :mad:

Did you go to "Advanced" and select EuropaEuropa? The screen then tells you that it has to load the mod.

I made peace with Bonaparte...
Then I had a funny thought and... captured Belgrade! :)

In the end I will have more cities in number! :)

Protestantism is founded in 1510

Now I have to rebuild my country...
Napoleon considers me as his worst enemy
will we repeat history in the 1700-1800s, too,
with wars in the west?

woodelf said:
Did you go to "Advanced" and select EuropaEuropa? The screen then tells you that it has to load the mod.

I loaded the mod first then I went to the 'advanced' menu.

MattJek said:
I loaded the mod first then I went to the 'advanced' menu.

Since I'm at work and my memory may be crappy some one other may be able to help more, but here goes....

Advanced, load the EuropaEuropa mod. Single player, select scenario, select EuropaEuropa.

V. Soma said:

I made peace with Bonaparte...
Then I had a funny thought and... captured Belgrade! :)

In the end I will have more cities in number! :)

Protestantism is founded in 1510

Now I have to rebuild my country...
Napoleon considers me as his worst enemy
will we repeat history in the 1700-1800s, too,
with wars in the west?

I hope you can rebuild before another scavenger comes picking at your scattered armies! Tough to rebuild armies, restore economy, and bridge the gap in tech after a long war....

woodelf said:
Since I'm at work and my memory may be crappy some one other may be able to help more, but here goes....

Advanced, load the EuropaEuropa mod. Single player, select scenario, select EuropaEuropa.

Thats my problem, I do all those things but EuropaEuropa does not show up on the scenario list even though its in the public maps folder with all the other scenarios which DO show up on the list :(

Hey V. Soma - Am I telling MattJek how to do it correctly? I do it without thinking now so I may be wrong... :(

One last thing. Is the EuropaEuropa map in the correct place? I think when you select scenario the next choice is for the map?

woodelf said:
One last thing. Is the EuropaEuropa map in the correct place? I think when you select scenario the next choice is for the map?

yup, the map is in both the MyGames/Civ4/Public Maps folder and the ProgramFiles/Firaxis/Civ4/Public maps folder.... I double checked that

Working for me..

But as for that common white flag problem some of us are having heres the fix:

It appears that there are 2 groups of computers (or maybe graphic cards?):

- the ones which show only the flags with black alpha channel
- the ones which show only the flags with white alpha channel

Those flags that you mention are originaly made with black alpha channel so if you belong to second group (like I do) you wouldn't be able to see them.

The solution is easy but it has got a couple of steps...

1. Download DDS Converter

2. In Mods folder of Scenario which flag you want to change go to Assets\Art\Interface\TeamColor

3. With DDS Converter convert all .dds files in this folder to .psd

4. With Photoshop you will be able to change black alpha channel to white

5. After you saved renewed file with DDS Converter you can convert it back to .dds

6. Play the game with coloured flags

So could you by chance post the flags in white alpha channel for us to download if our cards won't show black alpha like mine? I don't have photoshop and theres a number of us that want to play this scenario that share this problem.

On another note, man what an awesome scenario! So fun. I'm england and I conquered the isle after a bloody campaign against Ireland. Next stop, France. But I should build a strong Navy of Galleys first.

One weird thing though, I noticed Napoleon got Military Dictatorship civic already, thing is everyone is just now in the classical age and I'm most advanced so I don't understand how this happened?? Bug?

Also have you put any thought into adding the UU's back?? I really want to play Spain but its just not as fun without the Conquistador.

Woodelf said it correctly about the loading of the mod

I had a break of watching handball WC - now I am back to ship... :)

this mod is really good but i think that you should make the Bosporus and at down you must make a connection from the Marmara Sea to Aegan Sea :confused: (maybe be you can make rivers instead of water there for better gameplay)...:)

would anyone here with photoshop be interested in posting these flags in white alpha as detailed above? I would do it myself but I don't have photoshop as I'm sure many others with this problem may not.

I have entered industrial age...

It is on Prince level... I don't know how it will turn out in the end...
I am not behind in tech, despite the fact I am lagging behind
in almost every aspect: gold, GDP, goods...

I am expecting Debrecen in the Hungarian plains flip back to me
from good old Poland, it has only one or two tiles to work on...

I enjoy this, whatever it will turn out to be! :)

lifeaquatic said:
- the ones which show only the flags with black alpha channel
- the ones which show only the flags with white alpha channel

o could you by chance post the flags in white alpha channel for us to download if our cards won't show black alpha like mine?

On another note, man what an awesome scenario! So fun.

One weird thing though, I noticed Napoleon got Military Dictatorship civic already, thing is everyone is just now in the classical age and I'm most advanced so I don't understand how this happened??

Hey, thanks for the feedback... I'm glad you enjoy. Are you sure the alpha channel thing is the problem? Where did you hear this? That's wierd. Anyway, I'll do the white channel flags... but not until the weekend (finals week for me).

Does Naopleon have Pyramids? They let you have every government.

BTW, yes... I'll put UUs in the final cut.

MattJek said:
yup, the map is in both the MyGames/Civ4/Public Maps folder and the ProgramFiles/Firaxis/Civ4/Public maps folder.... I double checked that

Try this: Don't put the Mod folder in the MyGames/.../Mods branch. Put it in the actual game branch. This may work. :confused:

Regul said:
Wondering if...AG get this Mod MP-playable. Is this possible with the Civ engine?

I think it can be done by editing the mod's europa europa.ini. Set SinglePlayerOnly to 0. Let me know what happens.

@V.Soma
Thanks for the AARs... it's fun to see what happens!

As for the problem about civs becoming wierd religions, e.g. Victoria converting to Islam: this is becasue of the game's religion spreading model. Stuff like this can't be changed with my knowledge right now. I assure you, I'm working on it... once I figure out events, it'll be WAY better. If anyone knows how to prevent this, lemme know.

Thanks for the support, ideas, and suggestions everyone!!!

Well, I think I give it up...
I am alive, thanks...
...but Italy has already finished her first SS Casing!
And I am yet to begin learning Rocketry...

Venice is dended by a dozen of units, all modern or so...
And nobody is in bad relation with Italy, so no chance for an allied war...

Well, I will give it another try on Noble...

And to close things now, here is a funny picture
of the the famous English sea-lions I have found when opening the editor...

Don't tell me you have never heard of them! ;)

Attachments

• sea-lions.JPG
    sea-lions.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 438
Hope you got it all taken care of lifeaquatic.

I started a game as Napolean and expanded way too quickly. By about 600AD I had 0 gold and to break even my tech was down to 30%. Oops. :) Damn, I was doing well, but in trying to expand my empire to get some iron I seriously screwed myself. The problem is that I was all set to invade England, but each city I end up taking is going to put me a hole I can't get out of. Too bad conquered cities count against your "penalty" for being too large. I have no idea how the AI can get so massive.

I'll most likely restart and try to remember to build cottages or wait until currency before I expand so much. Playing Napolean is tough with the lack of iron, but I think with patience I'll be alright, next time.

Top Bottom