Sevo's Civilopedia

Sevo

Leaf on the Wind
Sevopedia ver 1.93

(Scroll down to second post for latest screenshots!)
Version 1.92 -- Added history to unit page
Version 1.93 -- Fixed project page text error

- Compatible with Civ4 version 1.52
- Includes all 1.52 vanilla pedia upgrades
- Multiple interface enhancements
- Includes Vovan's outstanding Unit Upgrade Chart :goodjob:

Authored by: Sevo
sevotastic.blogger.com
sevotastic@yahoo.com

Unit Upgrade Chart by: Vovan
vovansim@hotmail.com

About SevoPedia
---------------------

Greetings. I love cIV, but we all know that they dropped the ball with the civilopedia. It's impossible to navigate easily and non-intuitive in design. So this is an improvement. Sevo's Civilopedia (or...Sevo-lo-pedia, or even Sevopedia, but I digress...) This mod turns the civilopedia into a nicer, user-friendly, easy-to-navigate reference.

Features
---------------------
* Menus moved to left, with main menu on far left, sub-menu next to it
* Main menu list reordered into groups with icons
* Sub Menu organized into an easy to read list.
* New in this version: Pictures included in list!
* No more hopping away from the top screen when you select a page. The page comes up
in the available to space on the right
* Includes previously hidden entries (check out the barbarian leader...)
* Will easily integrate with almost all existing mods
* Can disable animations if desired

* Vovan's Unit Upgrade Chart: Will automatically produce upgrade chart for units, even when modded!

Installation
---------------------
Unpack the archive. It will automatically create the correct folder tree.

For the vanilla cIV, you can do this in either /My Docs/My Games/cIV/CustomAssets or you can add it to /civ4/mods/customassets and use it as a loadable mod.

To incorporate this into any existing mod, just add the files to your /Assets/ directory. That's all there is to it. (I'd request that you give me a shout out and include this readme file with your mod archive! Thanks!)

Disabling the Animations
---------------------
Per requests, I have included a way to disable the animations on the civilopedia screens. It will disable the unit, building, resource, and improvement animations; the leaderhead animation will stay. It's easy.

Using any text editor (notepad, e.g.), open the "CvPediaMain.py" file included in the archive. A few lines into the file there is a clearly marked section with the line "self.animations = True". To disable all of the animations, change this line to "self.animations = False". You can't miss the section if you're in the correct file, and the directions are repeated there. Please DO NOT change the indentation or the file may cease to work all together!

By default the animations are left on.

Version Info
---------------------
1.93 -- Fixed project page text error
-- Fixed Promo scroll problem
1.92 -- Added history panel to unit page
1.91 -- Fixed minor enum error in CvPediaMain.py
1.9 -- Fixed in-game load error no one had noticed...yet:D
-- Fixed link-through from UnitChart page
1.8 -- Compatible with cIV 1.52
-- Upgraded to include all vanilla 1.52 page upgrades
-- Added icons to sub-list
-- Added group icons to main list and re-ordered
-- Included Vovan's Unit Upgrades Chart
-- Fixed Selection errors; fixed re-load 'pedia errors
1.2 -- Allowed for disabling of animations in pedia screens
1.1 -- Fixed 1st item select bug, ? fixed history select bug
1.0 -- Original release

In progress
---------------------
-Include History index pages
-Include Promotion upgrade chart

DOWNLOADS:

Attachments

• sevopedia-1.93.zip
    73.8 KB · Views: 4,943
Some screenshots:

Here's Vovan's Page:

A simple thank you..Now its readable

BLueGreen said:
Wow great work Sevo; ive been adding civpedia entries for the new stuff ive been adding to my mod. With this mod working for me people actually might read it now :p

That was one of my hopes, actually! It's great when people include civilopedia entries for the mods and whatnot, and no one would bother to do it with the pedia all contorted the way it was.

I must say this community is the best thing that happened to CIV developers, all there BUGS & MISSHEPS are beinf taken care by all of you!
Thanks Sevo, I will certenly use your MOD.
Q : Can you put the small icons near the name or it's too much?

Greate work Sevo.
I just wanna give possitive critics.
1. I cant select the first entry in the submenu without selecting another first
2. When I view the histrory for an entry and goes back it resets the mark to the first entry.

mamimo said:
Q : Can you put the small icons near the name or it's too much?

That was my idea when I first conceptualized this mod. What I really wanted was a list that looked like the "What do you want to build in this city" in-game popup. Unfortunately the python code is limited and I was basically stuck with what I could find examples of in the code. There doesn't seem to be any way to make an icon list with labels that is still clickable AND scrollable, at least from what I can view; strangely I can't find code for the in game city-build popup anywhere. (Anyone who knows where that nugget is?) I finally compromised with this, but I would like to add the little icons down the road.

Norstroem said:
Greate work Sevo.
I just wanna give possitive critics.
2. When I view the histrory for an entry and goes back it resets the mark to the first entry.

These are probably the two existing bugs I'm aware of. I'll look into them, I don't think they'll be hard to fix. (I took some time off yesterday to see Narnia after my marathon coding session on Friday!)

Norstroem said:

The first bug is fixed. Took me a while to track down the problem.

The second bug, I think, is fixed as well. When I changed the program flow slightly to correct the first prob, I think it corrected the second as everything seems to work right now. Let me know if there are any more problems.

Brilliant Stuff Sir.

This is just what i've been needing.. already my civ is improving as i actually use the pedias now

cheers

This is much more organized and intuitive than the vanilla Civopedia. Thank you for taking the time and energy to fix the ghastly thing to a proper Civopedia! :goodjob:

Just one thing, are you able to add titles above the icons? It would be easy to quickly identify what the icon is.

Also, is there a way to disable the animation for the buildings/units/wonders? I find this feature of the current Civopedia to be completely redundant.

Gaias said:
Just one thing, are you able to add titles above the icons? It would be easy to quickly identify what the icon is.

You apparently missed this in the same thread, posted by Sevo:

There doesn't seem to be any way to make an icon list with labels that is still clickable AND scrollable, at least from what I can view...

thanks sevo this is a must have mod! :worship: if you can manage to someday get the icons in there you should get firaxis to incorporate this into the official game.

Gaias said:
Also, is there a way to disable the animation for the buildings/units/wonders? I find this feature of the current Civopedia to be completely redundant.

Done.:D I think someone else requested this over on Apolyton. I figure not everyone will want the anims out (I like 'em), so I left the choice to you guys.

To get rid of the anims, you just have to edit the CvPediaMain.py file in the archive (it's easy!). I put a very clearly defined section right near the top with the line
Code:
self.animations = True
To disable the animations just change this to
Code:
self.animations = False
and it will kill the improvement, bonus, building, and unit anims. (The leaderhead anims are left in). By default all the animations are left on.

Top Bottom