[MOD] The Second Revolution!

Is it possible to get an explination of this Mod? It sounds cool but I would like to know what I am getting into before I download it and give it a run!

roAm said:
the model may not be done until this weekend.
college, my screwed up car and my personal life have all swirled into a massive wad of "WTF". i'll keep everyone up to date as i actually progress -- if i get the free time, that is.

sounds cool to me. i got a 1 month old so i know how you feel with not having personal time, im busy playing with my baby boy! but let me tell you, i am excited. are you gonna do the python?

@BFD8656,
im going to update the top posts with material from the old post so look to the top!!

yeah, you told me about the kid and i read it awhile back...but as far as...
GarretSidzaka said:
are you gonna do the python?
i'll have to look in to how Civ 4 handles it

Okay, I'm posting this thread into the weekly downloads section, as i've updated.
@roAm
when you get the Gene Mod tech troop model done, I'm going to resubmit the mod and also add any updates at that time.

GarretSidzaka said:
Okay, I'm posting this thread into the weekly downloads section, as i've updated.
@roAm
when you get the Gene Mod tech troop model done, I'm going to resubmit the mod and also add any updates at that time.

not a problem...if i dont get the model done, i'll at least get the GeneTrooper's code or defaults working alongside of some texture editing(make him look like i think he should and just change the weapon slightly as far as textures)

i dont want to push my computer more than nessecary right now as its running at 75*C idle, which is extraordinarily hot. probably due to the drive being removed and now theres a big air gap above one of the intake fans...but, if i can get my temperature down(hopefully this weekend), i'll work on that model

EDIT: i may try to oil cool my rig...i've seen some nice results and can get some non-conductive oil fairly cheap

GarretSidzaka said:
what rig are you running with?

please dont give up on that model! i know you can do it. i think its going to be hella badass.

i run a custom-built box running an an Athlon XP 2400+, 1gb of PC2700 DDR, 400gb storage(3 drives, 160, 80, 200...and yes, i know thats way more than 400gb but 40gb are automatically taken away from certain essentials(apps and stuff i keep long-term) on an Asus A7V8X motherboard. GPU is an ATi x800 XT PE overclocked slightly(its a cpu temperature issue, not gpu...gpu stays cool)

as far as the model, i havnt given up, but i may postpone it for a week or so. i'm trying to make arrangements for a trip to europe. my personal life fell apart and i dont feel like dealing with any of my family anymore...so...the soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend of a friend is probably coming with me

GarretSidzaka said:
#3 As far as the civics, i only have one measley column of custom civics because my brain is to small to figure out a whole page of them. if you have better ideas, let me know. as far as the AI switching to unusual civics, when i played last, Castro immediately turned to Free Market (go figure). i cant change the AI until SDK comes out!!! :mad:

Just tie any civic you want to disallow to anyone to a unique tech, then give that tech only to the people you want to adopt it and deny it to everyone else (there's a <DisableTechs> tag in the CivilizationInfos XML files).

:D Yeehaw!:D
I stupidly didn't install this in the public map place, but this still is the funniest mod ever!!!:clap: I'd sit there, and Fidel Castro pops up and talks to me, I laughed so much. :yumyum: Then, yes I'm still not done ranting, I met Bush, those words were pure comic genius, you should be a stand-up comedian if you get the time.:old:
Again, kudos. This is a brilliant mod!:yup: :yup:
Please fix this too:
The non-nuclear nuke, (hooray for oxymorons) doesn't move, I can't nuke with the nuke:confused: Why is that? It doesn't even have a range either.
I also hope that you'll add some more techs and fill up the gene mod tech.
GOOD WORK!!!:goodjob: :clap:

BFD8656 said:
Is it possible to get an explination of this Mod? It sounds cool but I would like to know what I am getting into before I download it and give it a run!

just do it and have fun :nuke:

tried to download

the link takes right back to page 1 of this thread

@ prext and anyone else, i got in with telefragged 3d downloads and now have a (hopefully) non-crappy mirror. Go get it !

@tycoon101
i tried the fusion bomb on the map as bush by placing the bomb in city while in the World Builder. i then went back to play and launched it at Seattle and it launched, but got shot down by SDI. so it looks like it working. These units never move from the place they are built. i will further playtest it.
The roAm is currently working on a trooper for gene mods tech that will carry a modular assault rifle and will also (if we can figure out the python) have enhanced healing ability after battles.

keep the responses coming in! thanks everyone :)

@ darkedone02
i hope it runs for you, its actally rather challenging and fun on noble

@ The Omega
that would be crazy. no seriouslysomeone should do a texas mod like SoCalian is doing for california

i am going to add more download mirrors as soon as i find them :D

Top Bottom