Warhammer Fantasy Battles

Congratulations on your beta-release... I'll certainly look into it.

next weekend I'll have 3 of my friends over mainly to multiplay FFH2... but we just might pick this game up as well for the diversity (you guys think its ready for multiplay testing???).

More sea monsters would be great. Some lessers beasties are needed since Kraken can kill all early ships.

:goodjob:

awesome so far. i've expierenced my first crash first time i played the mod. screen went black and the game crashed on me. i dunno no error messages or nothing. but it was pretty early in the game.

i love how the game looks so far i hope the mod does keep getting updated and fixed.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT !

high five.

bravo !

keep up dah good work. :) looking foward to seeing a post-beta release.

I see that it is finally beta, anyway Ploe, was my report suffiecient enough? YOu never got back to me on that..

Nikis-Knight said:
Is there somewhere I can download a free program to unpack the file?

@Nikis-Knight
migth be personal preference, but I prefer Winrar (as it can extract almost everything)

http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar360.exe

@Ploeperpengel
you should include a download link for either 7zip or winrar in your first post (as .7z is a unusual file compression imo)

darkedone02 said:
see if you can borrow dale's combat mod Stack Attack. so we have some good realistic battles!

I don´t think that we´ll put Dales combat mod into this one, but the combatsystem is one of the main things that we will keep improving - We just do our own instead of implementing Dales.

What is wrong with Dales? Couldn't you just edit to suit your needs? Or at least use it as a starting position?

coko said:
What is wrong with Dales? Couldn't you just edit to suit your needs? Or at least use it as a starting position?

I didn´t say that anything is wrong with Dales mod. But I don´t know how well the psychology-related things we are about to do would work together with the stack attacks.

coko said:

It's not easy to "just" edit Dale's mod. There are plenty of problems that could come up with incompatabilities between two mods that both make huge changes such as this and Dale's. While most SDK mods consist of changing one or two lines of code, each one of these encompass completely new changes to functions that can go haywire with a very small amount of change, and debugging c++ code is not very easy.

That, plus I get the feeling that much of the team is more about creating their own style of gaming, and there's enough work that needs to be done just with the new ideas they're trying to implement alone, nevermind trying to throw someone else's code in there.

I noticed some things while playing

1. Is it correct that I can build multiple Valten units or is it supposed to be a national or world unit? (It doesn't come in a group that's why I'm asking). I also think I built it without iron, although I had copper. Will double check this later.

2. The unit stack limit is a wonderful idea but it is not working 100% yet. The problems I came across:
-workers are counted for the unit stack (I don't know if this is intentional, but it hardly serves any purpose I think)
-when loading units on a ship the limit is counted including the ships, but when moving ships, the cargo is not counted for the unit stack size.
-when there are units on the path of a full stack it will not go around it, but leave units behind before entering the occupied tile. It only moves around occupied squares if they are occupied by another full stack. I don't know if this can be helped but it would be nice if it is possible.

Top Bottom