Warhammer Fantasy Battles

much2much said:
What does support fire actually do?

Can somebody provide a link to that mod (is it a standalone component).
Support fire deals a small amount of damage to all units attacking a stack which includes units that give supportfire like archers(only if the archer aren't attacked directly). It's no separate modcomponent.

Grakl said:
Hello, Warhammer Fantasy fan here so seeing the post I downloaded it instantly :). Unfortunately I noticed ya'll havn't released the 3 of the 4 armies I like in TT: Skaven, Beastmen, Lizardmen..which is fine, I see them on the agenda thankfully.

I was always curious though (I played Warhammer Fantasy Mod in Civ 3 also) why human armies like Tilia, Nippon, Kathay, Estalia, Ind are featured in the mod? The most I've ever heard of Tilia is token units in games like Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen...a few smattering of references in the game manuals. Are they full featured armies in Europe that havn't ever been released in the US?

Minus the slightly off topic question I played a few rounds so far as: Chaos, Dark Elves, and Orcs/Goblins. 2 of the 3 games(I play on Noble, Standard Size Map) I've lost so I'm not very good :).

- My first game as Orcs I could produce units like mad no doubt but since the units were weak compared to my neighbor armies I had to field multiple stacks which ruined my finances and my civilization eventually collapsed from units disbanding. I noticed Orc Warriors (maybe Black Orcs) were a couple techs in but I've never made it that far.

- My second game as Dark Elves was pretty uneventful. Their basic unit is a nice step up in mobility and damage from the Orcs. I quickly built all the buildings I could for each city hoping to build an infrastructure and reach that 2nd tier of units. Unfortunately I was declared on and was destroyed even though I thought I had a reasonable defense (4 units a city...spearman and archers I believe) but I was swamped quickly.

- My third game was my best by far and I played as Chaos. I went with Chaos simply because of my own bias. I've always seen them as completely overpowered and it seems every TT tournament has had a disproportianate amount of them versus other armies. So on a hunch I took them so I could hopefully get further than my last 2 attempts. Regardless, my theory still stands, I easily dominated 2 neighbors from the get go. The beastman starting units were more than a match for my neighbor starting units and I made my way up to Chaos Warriors that marched easily across the continent. My only problem eventually was that my empire was beginning to get too big...I was in the lead by a good margin so I didn't really have to worry about invading anyone, I needed an enormous army to invade any of the other big empires and I had built every building in every city. So...I just got bored and quit. I could have waited out the rest of the game but it was a foregone conclusion that I would win. Nothing could match my military if they invaded and controlling the number required to invade someone else became tedious so I ended up just producing units and then destroying them.

Overall, I dug it, the beginning is challenging for me anyways. I look forward to my favorite armies being playable. All my suggestions are contrary to the design statement of "This is meant for you Warmongerers out there! - if you like peaceful Developement and Diplomacyvictories better look elsewhere!", so I'll just keep them to myself. Good luck, looking forward to more.
Thx for the feedback. The 3 civs you played aren't fleshed out much yet. We are currently getting to chaosdesign so you can probably expect this civ be more interesting in the next full release(not just patch).
Civics and buildings will be provided to fix the financial issues asap. But you know this'll need some time;)

well, instead of prayers, you can start shedding blood for the blood god...
i will try around with nurgle and slaneesh and so on too ;)

cant download the soundrack file from 3d downloads seems like a broken link

i take that back i had to close getright d/l manager to download the soundtrack cant wait to start playing the mod

much2much said:
What does support fire actually do?

Can somebody provide a link to that mod (is it a standalone component).

Must have missed this one first time around the threads this morning...

You can tell a unit that can do support fire shot because it will say in their Civilopedia entry or other places showing a unit's abilities that they can. Typically archers have support fire shots.

Support Fire happens whenever a unit in a stack attacks a plot that has a support-fire capable unit that isn't the defender. If this occurs, "Support Fire" is done to the units in the plot that the attacking unit attacked from, besides the actual attacking unit. It deals damage exactly like collateral damage. The support fire shot does not put the support fire unit in harms way or affect the actual battle whatsoever, but instead just deals damage to the attacker's plot. If there are no other units in the plot where the attacker attacked from, then no support fire shot is done.

Only one unit will do support fire per battle, and each unit only has one support fire shot per turn, which is replenished at the beginning of their next turn.

So, in other words, it sort of works like Civ3 Defensive Bombardment does.

aright it crashed now every other turn :( sigh i love this mod but unfortunatly its not ready fro prime time if you want i can email you a save game from my last auto save

Hi, just thought id leave a quick feedback from playing this amazing mod. iv been a warhammer fan from when i was young and i have to say this is already the best virtual version!
anyway, iv played a few times now, firstly i had a problem with crashes at the start but the patch fixed that so all was good. however, its now crashed again, iv been playing as high elves with game length as marathon, map size huge. everything was fine and iv been playing for quite a few turns, its IY 744 if thats any help, but basically im on trade tech and each of the last 5 or 6 has taken over 100 turns. anyway all this without a problem and then suddenly it crashes, iv gone back to my saved game just before and no matter what i do it still crashes! frustrating really cuz id been playing for a while and had a nice setup, but i know this isnt even the finished article and considering how great it is already its really going to kick ass!!
iv tried to load up the saved game but its well over the limit, if theres anywhere else i could then id be happy to.

as for the gameplay, well its much better then normal civ 4. firstly now that many units are made up of about 10 figures is great for gameplay and battles, much more realistic. upgrades are better, for instance the standard bearer. support fire is a great, realistic, part of the game now, it only stands to reason that if your being attacked by many units your archers can sprey the attackers in the radius with arrows, instead of standing there watching. also great detail for the units so far, im sure the full version will be unbelievable for amounts of different units.

obviously the CTD's are anoying at the moment but im sure they'll get sorted, i wont bug anyone about the lack of buildings near the start of the game either because im pretty sure thats temporary until more of the mod has been finalised. but everything else is pretty sweet, and the whole debate about workers or scouts to build camps, it doesnt bother me either way.

so just to say great job with the mod so far guys!! its really impressive and has had me addicted for the last few days! i can only hope that the full mod meets the expectations that you've now built up for yourself! but im sure it will :goodjob:

Thx for the praise. We'll try our best;)

For the savedgame you could try filegone or just the easy upload here in the forum. Really could need that cause I don't have many playtesters so it's difficult to get lategame data. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Iv tried uploading it here but it'll only let me upload 500 KB where as my game is now upto 830 KB, is there any way round this?

not a problem with the inconvenience, il keep playing and testing out the game and give feedback until the mod is complete and running smoothly :)

Ronin 42 said:
Iv tried uploading it here but it'll only let me upload 500 KB where as my game is now upto 830 KB, is there any way round this?

not a problem with the inconvenience, il keep playing and testing out the game and give feedback until the mod is complete and running smoothly :)
Easy upload should suffice. Go via Quick links not attachments;)

Cool ! I'm dying to have a try at the Chaos units :goodjob: Congrats to the artists there, all the custom units I've seen so far are amazing !

Ok guys, i have finally gotten around to compiling all the fluff on the warhammer world, its races and leaders. so you can find it all in the word documet attached (its WAY too long to post on here;) )

Have fun reading if your interested:D

@ Ploe, Perhaps you shold upload this to the first post?

Attachments

• HISTORY OF WARHAMMER.doc
    261 KB · Views: 161
Psychic_Llamas said:
Ok guys, i have finally gotten around to compiling all the fluff on the warhammer world, its races and leaders. so you can find it all in the word documet attached (its WAY too long to post on here;) )

Have fun reading if your interested:D

@ Ploe, Perhaps you shold upload this to the first post?
To be true I would prefer having that in the game-pedia not the first posts but I will see what place I can find.

Edit: okay I put it above the civs in post 2. Post one is reserved for gamefiles only;)

Ah, downloading the update and install it, got a lot of games to play and re-play, that include the following:
-Fall from Heaven
-Warhammer Fantasy Battles
-Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
-Battlefield 2142

Ploeperpengel said:
Let's just hope it won't be bumped again and in time it'll be forgotten;)

@Darkdone
Ok I apologize for being rude- that's bad for my karma anyway...
Read through some of the posts by this guy in different threads...you'll find that apologizing to this guy is like saying you're "sorry" to Saddam Hussein for questioning his human rights record. :gripe:

Top Bottom