[WARLORDS] Amra's Modpack v2

I have 95% finished merging Armenia with your incredible modpack Amra. I added all the diplomacy. Since the whole file is way too big to just upload, I am going to upload all of the files I edited, seperately.

Andranik's 2d leaderhead

Armenian Legionary

Leaderhead buttons

Other buttons

So, all that you have to do Amra, is make the 3d leaderhead, a better Armenian Legionary button, the second unique unit, and a custom 3d Shoogah graphic. I would have combined Croatia as well, but I could not find a download for it?
Armenian flag decal

All the XML

Hey, great mod! I've had a blast playing on it, but I have run into a bug that is slightly annoying.

It involves the chinook. This unit sounds great in theory and I wanted to try it out in my current game, so I tried to build one. This is where the problems started. First, it says its only 374 hammers to build, yet the only way I could finish one was to buy it. This is because the game thinks it is taking -1 hammers and seems to bug the game. Any city that tries to build a chinook starts to lose population.

So, I finally got one out by realizing i could purchase them for 1100ish gold. Once I got it out the Chinook had anywhere from 1 million to 1 trillion move points and experience :

*EDIT*
Here's a pic to show the bugged Chinook.

I just noticed that my treasury shot up to a massive number when I tried building a chinook. Ugh;/ Now I feel like I'm cheating :(

Also, one suggestion for your mod. Is there any chance you could add one of the Nuke MAD mods? I havent quite gotten to the nukes yet, but i didn't see a nuke mod listed, so I'd assume theres nothing changed about them:)

Thanks for your hard work!

thanks Amra, we are all grateful for your wonderful work and efforts...

i just wish i could be more helpful on the technical / decoding front...

QUICK Q: (for anyone) - what is the %-age no. to the left of the time/clock in the upper right corner?

thanks

Found another set of bugs in my game, I think.

Around the time you start getting the modpacks adding tanks/aircraft, you can build ALL of them regardless of your starting race and you can NOT upgrade any of your units to the new units.

I do not think this is intended, is it?

Here's a pic

agoodfella said:
QUICK Q: (for anyone) - what is the %-age no. to the left of the time/clock in the upper right corner?

thanks

Well, if you watch it, it will flash to something like 706/1200. I believe the % is the same ratio of numbers, just in % form. These numbers represent how many turns you've played: total turns in this game. 50% in a marathon game would be 600 turns in out of 1200.

This is my first try with this mod and it looks very nice except I worry a little about the play balancing with it. I just started a game and it looked like it was going to be a good start.

However shortly after starting the game the Maya showed up with the Plumed Archer that was shockingly good, IMO. +1 Str, +1 Mov, and +25% vs Melee. I guess it did have -25% City Defense. If the AI was more aggresive, I would not have stood up. I think the AI started with this archer.

For a UU, I think +1 mov far more than enough and that +25 vs melee is actually better than +25 City Defense especially on an ancient era unit. On an archer this is the ultimate rush unit as it has no prerequisites really and is +5 vs melee so it stands up well against axe men which have more costly prereqs.

I dont imagine that there is a table of the new units somewhere as I now feel the need to do some comparisons to make sure I dont get surprised.

Oh yeah... w00t! I can finally get to smashing the world about the head with my Hyborians... thanks Amra!

I'm obviously missing something here. I downloaded the file which was named
Amras_Modpack_v2_Warlords.7z I don't know where to go from here; As my computer does not recognize this file extension

bgl789 said:
I'm obviously missing something here. I downloaded the file which was named
Amras_Modpack_v2_Warlords.7z I don't know where to go from here; As my computer does not recognize this file extension

What i did was to rename that file from .7z to .rar. After that there is no problem to unpack it.

thanx for the great work and all your efforts - however, could a praise be complete without some tiny nagging ;) .
ctd at 375 when mary of the scotts converted to confucianism. anyway, thnx again - i really enjoyed your mod so far

if you could merge your 5th uu and dale's into this it could be real great !!

I downloaded, installed and played this a bit over the weekend. I have to say it's an excellent composite of some really great mods. Most enjoyable was the expansion of civs, unique units, and resources, and the use of flavour units in the graphics.

There are some things I don't like, so I'm hoping someone can point me to the right files/settings for changing these.

1) 3-tiles between cities sounded great in principle, but in practice it's really impractical. Where can I change this setting back to 2?

2) Tech trading at guilds instead of alphabet/writing (I forget which). I really prefer the old way, as it makes diplomacy more fun and interesting sooner. Again, where can I change this back?

3) I strongly dislike the unit allegiance mod. Is there a single setting to change the chances to "0" (zero), rather than unbinding it from the rest?

4) With so many civs, I'm a bit disappointed that there are so many duplicates of civ traits. Whilst this is good for trying different trait-combinations with varying unique units/buildings, I'd prefer to experiment with combinations not seen before. Can someone point me to the place to toy with these?

Finally, I'd like to echo the calls for integrating Dale's combat mod. There's so many good features in that, I'd love to see it part of this.

Thanks for the hard work, Amra. You've really injected some life into the experience with this expansion.

cheers
EW

saint1979 said:
What i did was to rename that file from .7z to .rar. After that there is no problem to unpack it.

Thanks. That worked once I downloaded an extraction program. I had origionally tried to change the extension to .zip but that didn't work and corrupted the file.

Guys,

I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say that we should all take a brief moment to THANK AMRA for all of his tireless efforts.

Taking time out on his own - with no compensation but our gratitude - to bring us a great product.

So - I'm sure there are some minor things, here and there - which will likely get sorted in time.

In the meantime - THANKS AGAIN,

from a grateful Civ player.

Well I may have created one problem for solving another, but so far I got the interface back on the other 2 computers. I had to delete the art/main menu and also I had to replace python\ entry points and screens withthe original warlords. After I did that It seems your Mod is functioning well on the 2 other computers that had interface problems befpre.

I am at 1000 AD in multiplayer no troubles so far and I tried all governments with pyrmids with no crashes either.

And thanks for your hard work. I am trying to help too so mabye you have less of a headache. I liked the fancy screens and stuff but I had to make it interface operational so I could play it with my wife and friends,

Enkidu Warrior, this was posted on page 2:
Mont said:
I changed the minimum city distance back to 2 squares from the 3 used in Amra V2 by editing GlobalDefinesAlt.xml in the directory Warlords/Mods/Amra's.../Assets/XML/ . (Search in the file for "city".)

I've also been playing using the 3 city square mod added to Amra's Modpack. I don't mind the overlap because each city has more land than it can use by itself. (Because I don't merge it properly, it makes the unit statistics mod not work entirely (pg. 3).)

Great work amra!!!... this is a perfect (almost) mod for warlords. Thanks!

And these are my comments:

1. I don't like the idea of werewolves and griffons?? in civ and It was strange to see a 'Chinese Polar Bear' at my border which helped me to make an open border treaty with Mao!!! I have seen lots of other animals which belong to other civs???? (solution= no barbarians)

2. The health bar for the battleship, destroyer etc.. is extremely big (solution= turn off the health bar option)

3. Few imbalances in the unit powers..For example Tiger Panzer has 28 combat power and % 50 bonus if the opponent is an armoured unit. King Tiger has 30 combat power(i think). If they meet the odds are 42 to 30 in favor of Tiger Panzer??? (solution= change the XML file)

4. Maceman can be built by copper?????

5. Sometimes 2 different civ might have the same color. They look like a single empire on the map. I had to check the tiles one by one with my mouse pointer to understand which civ owns it..

And I have a question.... Is the 'crash problem' at a specific date a general bug or an exception for a few user?

Top Bottom