Rhye's and Fall of Civilization for Warlords

Rhye

's and Fall creator
Wonderful news, Rhye. I didn't touch Warlords until I tried this mod.

sweet right when the semesters ending... I finally can get back to CIV soon....Good stuff Rhye....

Its unbelieveble work! I cant be more happy:)

I played as the Vikings, and built 3 cities in America before 1400 AD, well before America and long after I'd killed off the English, French & Spainish.

Even after America joined, the Victory screen showed "Not Yet" for 1st to found city in America.

Otherwise great fun.

Played as a pretty peaceful Rome with a cultural victory in 2004. Have never played the revolution mod so I wasn't prepared for constant revolts by the French, who I conquered as soon as they appeared and then the Greeks. Is it just better to destroy captured cities and start from scratch. The French were revolting as late as 1998 after about 1000 years of occupation.

No, their culture tends to stay even if you rebuild the city. It's an issue that needs attention unfortunately.

Is that "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" I hear on the menu screen (for vanilla, since I don't have Warlords?)

Nice touch :goodjob:

I have a few questions regarding this mod prior to download:

1) The description said there were non-playable Civs, and the addition of Babylon. Does this mean that ALL C4W Civs are playable, as well as the new custom Civ? Also, which Civs are included that are non-playable?

2) Previously a flag-pack was created with modifed flags for C4 Civs... has this been updated to include new flags for Civs introduced in C4W?

3) Is there a generic start that allows for a random map, random Civs, etc -- that does not force a historically accurate timeline?

4) Will Civil wars split a nation into 2 and spawn an unused Civ as the "rebelling faction" a la Civ2?

thanks

I have a few questions regarding this mod prior to download:

1) The description said there were non-playable Civs, and the addition of Babylon. Does this mean that ALL C4W Civs are playable, as well as the new custom Civ? Also, which Civs are included that are non-playable?

2) Previously a flag-pack was created with modifed flags for C4 Civs... has this been updated to include new flags for Civs introduced in C4W?

3) Is there a generic start that allows for a random map, random Civs, etc -- that does not force a historically accurate timeline?

4) Will Civil wars split a nation into 2 and spawn an unused Civ as the "rebelling faction" a la Civ2?

thanks

1) No, just Vikings, Carthage and Turkey

2) No

3) No

4) No, a civil war actually splits into usually more than 2 independent factions, and human player retains just the capital.

I guess this list of "No" won't impress you, but I think that you should try the mod before judging ;)

Hi - I love playing rhye's mod and play it a lot - however for my own use I would like to tweak the mod to my own tastes and I have a feeling quite a few other people would like this functionality too.

The main thing I don't like is the speed - everything happens too fast!! I have tried editing the python and XML scripts to adjust the game speed and the dates (riseandfall.py) for the birth of nations etc but this doesn't seem to work right?? It appears that there are some things which are hard-coded into the .dll file -so my question is....

Is is possible to set up the mod so that either the game can be played at marathon-type speeds or at least editable (through a set up file that controls the birth of nations) ? This would be excellent such that everything pre-1700 can enjoyed with greater depth and detail (rise of persia, alexander, rise and fall of rome, medieval ages etc). At the moment the eras pass by so quick that nothing can be built in time (units or buildings) - many techs cannot keep up with the years realisitically and there is NO time to re-enact the campaigns, wars of the ages etc.

For example, as playing as England (and I even tweaked the British Isles to give more reources and land) I rarely have researched Guilds which gives knights by 1300AD let alone build any. Another is Engineering which I struggle to get by 1100-1200 - considering that in reality (mail clad/plate armour) knights were on the scene by at least 1100AD and in less advanced forms much earlier, and castles much earlier again this needs more time in the game.

On the other hand I find that some of the seafaring aspects are researched to quick - I think that some more intermediate techs/units are needed -as caravels arrive too soon and usually someone has cirmcumnavigated the globe by 1200AD but they still haven't invented the Knight??

Thanks - I hope that people agree with this??

Top Bottom