[MOD] Speed Mod

There you go again, stealing a night from me with fun stuff. I never liked unmodded Civ because what I WANTED to play in it was a whole world simulation, but I'm terribly impatient, and waiting for minutes in between turns was unacceptable. I just ran a HUGE pangaea, 14 civs, and even in 700AD there's hardly any lag between turns. You, sir, are a genius, and if you bring this to FFH, I may be forced to murder you in the interest of my family and friends ;)

Eh, how do I innstall it. I double click the file I dl'ed and extract it to Warlods - mods and it extracts and goes to 100 % and completed, but the files won't appear on my computer and I can't open the mod. Any idea?

Edit, now it worked, but when I clicked create custom scenario and earth.civ4... an error message appeared. I will copy it here if it comes up again as I failed to copy the text this time.

hi kael,

on the source code,

which folder do i need to use? the one listed final release? what do i need to recompile? the entrie folder you provided or speciphic one ?

:)

I zipped the entire folder. If you are merging with your own SDK then you just need the modifed source in the first directory.

hey kael,

so basicley - i can ignore from this folders:
boost 1 32
documentation
final release
and python 24

right? use all the files in the main folder?

Yeap .

cool thanks kael!

btw.....there shouldnt be an mp problem with this code right?

Nope, it doesnt change anything about mp.

Super modding noob question ; if I add an 'XML only' mod will it slow things down?

I know it won't break the mod but will it neutralize the effect of the speed mod at all?

Super modding noob question ; if I add an 'XML only' mod will it slow things down?

I know it won't break the mod but will it neutralize the effect of the speed mod at all?

There is a cost to everything you add to the game. So if doubled the amount of units in the game it would load slower, more art requires more video ram, etc etc. But either way using the Speed Mod dll will allow your XML only mod to run faster than without.

If this got ported to the original game that would be AWESOME. If that happened I may even buy warlords(kind of ironic), since I think it'd be a lot more fun if it wasn't so laggy.

i have bought warlords today and tried your mod...

i installed it, then went in the game and activated it. upon activation the game shuts down and a c++ runtime error appears telling me that the c++ library was terminated unexpectedly :(. The error is very unspecific as to what went wrong or anything. It just says that. No error codes or nothing :mad:
Although i'm pretty sure it's not my computer config, here goes...

My computer:
WinXP pro sp2 (all updates)
amd athlon64 3500
1500mb ram
320gb hdd
radeon x1300pro

Got any ideas?

[update]
I forgot the 2.08 patch *silly me* the mod loads fine now... thanks a bunch

[update 2]
Right after this post i started a new game with warlords and speedmod.

i now am in 1380AD with 9 cities and only 4 opponents.
The game hangs like 5-10 seconds on each turn starting in the last few turns. :( does this mean speedmod is not working?

i have bought warlords today and tried your mod...

i installed it, then went in the game and activated it. upon activation the game shuts down and a c++ runtime error appears telling me that the c++ library was terminated unexpectedly :(. The error is very unspecific as to what went wrong or anything. It just says that. No error codes or nothing :mad:
Although i'm pretty sure it's not my computer config, here goes...

My computer:
WinXP pro sp2 (all updates)
amd athlon64 3500
1500mb ram
320gb hdd
radeon x1300pro

Got any ideas?

[update]
I forgot the 2.08 patch *silly me* the mod loads fine now... thanks a bunch

[update 2]
Right after this post i started a new game with warlords and speedmod.

i now am in 1380AD with 9 cities and only 4 opponents.
The game hangs like 5-10 seconds on each turn starting in the last few turns. :( does this mean speedmod is not working?

Link up your save game. I'd like to compare the difference with and without speedmod.

Hi Kael
Here is the savegame, meanwhile i have built a line of cities across the world. But the game is still sloppy.

It's a single player game.

Maybe useful info:
My resolution 1280x1024 (tft)
medium quality graphics
no antialiasing
ticked graph options:
single unit graphics, health bars, detailed city info, no combat zoom, globe view buildings disabled, full screen, low res textures, no movies.

at the game tab:
adviser popup, sid's tips, wait for end of turn, show enemy moves, stack attack, workers start automated.

audio tab:
all default, but with dolby surround. (i have a creative audigy2 NX (ext USB)

other tab:
clock, 24hour clock.

And last:
i noticed that at the "info screen" (little graph icon top right corner) in the statistics view the city count remains 0 even though i have built near 30 cities now. I noticed this when i had like 3 or 4 cities.

Thanks for your efforts and time!!

Top Bottom