[BtS] Rise of Mankind

I like to request some nice future techs, like the current future tech that give you +1 on both happiness and heath. I want a future Tech that Increases food increase on land, and other nice things instead of one future tech, this can be really useful later on for economic usage and cities crying for food.

@mice

The red dot is not intended. It is a bug to resolve it read my previous post #131. I uploaded a new patch that solve the problem.

Thanks Kalimarkhus. I need to finish my game before patching it so I'll just put up with the red dot. Now I know it means nothing. :)

Cuirassiers have bonusses against spear/pike units but not melee units in general is this intended?

Privateers have cargo space of two but cant put spies (for instance)on them.

Glasssmith needs stone now instead of salt? Is this to represent sand?

Cavalry tactics tech has a txt key description.

Some cities give bonussus to units without reason it seems. I posted this earlier and though the silk road was causing this. Now it happend in two cities. One gives martial arts bonus the other movement bonus.

Sulphur could use a better spread. Almost half of civs dont have it mostly. Good thing privateers dont need sulphur otherwise you are screwed for quite a bit.

I play on a island map and boy can you drain an economy with privateers!
Too bad the ai cant handle them well. They just build loads of lesser type ships. It wouldnt be so bad if they just attacked with them. Its better than let the privateers drain your economy. Wait a minute they build lots of lesser ships to block tiles! so you have to attack with privateers to get a favorable position. Thats not so bad from the ai.

Would be a good idea to let you capture defeated ships. That way the civ without sulphur has more of a chance.

could the Mutually Assured Destruction mod be implemented?

I have a repetitive ctd by a civcoredll issue. I replaced it with solvers latest update and had no issues until about 10 turns later. Blockading is so much faster!
Changing back to the old dll file didnt help. :( I was so very much enjoying myself

IIRC, Glassmith required stone since it was introduced.
Also in favour of capturing wooden ships (if not capturing from successful combat, perhaps have a boarding party unit ala the Lanun of FFH?)

Also, when reading over the first post, I came across this bit:

- more religions: Hellenism (Zeus, Athene etc), Zoroastrianism, Protestantism, Roman religion (Jupiter, Mars etc.), Mesoamerican religion (Jaguar and other animal gods), Viking religion (Valhalla), Egyptian religion... religions that are older than current major religions but vanished due to religious propaganda.

I'd recommend adding this mod-component:
Link
By allowing more religions, the early (and possibly Civ-Specific) religions might be included. I think there is a mod component that allows 3 religions per city and causes old, non-state ones to eventually fade out but I can't remember what it is for the life of me. Me thinks the 43 religions might be altered to work for the Corporations screen, but I don't know.

What can we expect to find in the next version, if I may ask?

Changes for 0.9.3:
Spoiler :

Units
-----
- Added: Special Infantry, req. Superstrong Alloys
- Added: EMP SAM Infantry, req. Superstrong Alloys
- Added: Fusion Destroyer, req. Nanobotics and Fusion
- Added: Fusion Cruiser, req. Cold Fusion
- Added: Fusion Battleship, req. Shielding
- Added: Fusion Carrier, req. Megastructure Engineering
- Added: Submerged Town Platform, can build Submerged Town improvement
- Added: Offshore Platform, can build Offshore Platform improvement
- Changed: Quechua no longer upgrade to Maceman
- Changed: Cuirassier upgrades also to Gunship
- Changed: Ancient Cannon upgrades to Bombard
- Changed: Hwacha upgrades to Bombard
- Changed: Nuclear Submarine carries missiles instead of people
- Changed: Mechanized Infantry upgrades to Special Infantry
- Changed: ACV SAM upgrades to EMP SAM Infantry
- Changed: All helicopter units can move all terrains now, they can enter coast and ocean too
- Changed: Stealth Destroyer upgrades to Fusion Destroyer
- Changed: Sentinel moved to Terra Computer, req. Cold Fusion
- Changed: Hi-Tech robot moved to Sentient Earth, req. Cold Fusion
- Changed: Aegis Cruiser upgrades to Fusion Cruiser
- Changed: Missile Cruiser upgrades to Fusion Cruiser
- Changed: Battleship upgrades to Fusion Battleship and Missile Cruiser
- Changed: Nuclear Carrier upgrades to Fusion Carrier
- Changed: Nanite Cloud can move all terrain
- Changed: Crossbowman units no longer require Iron
- Changed: Workboat no longer can build Offshore Platform
- Changed: Mobile Artillery unitcombat bonuses against Archer, melee and mounted units
- Enabled: Minuteman unit, unique for America, replaces Musketman
- Enabled: Ansar Warrior, unique for Arabia, replaces Light Cavalry
- Enabled: Elite Jaguar, unique for Aztec, replaces Swordsman
- Enabled: English Longbowman, replaces longbowman
- Enabled: Teutonic Knight, unique for Germany, replaces Heavy Swordsman
- Enabled: Elite Quechua, unique for Inca, replaces Axeman
- Enabled: Zero, unique for Japan, replaces Fighter
- Enabled: Mali Cavalry, replaces Horseman
- Enabled: Sipahi, unique for Persia, replaces Knight
- Enabled: Roman Cavalry, unique for Rome, replaces Mounted Infantry
- Enabled: Spanish Galleon, replaces Galleon
- Enabled: African Axeman
- Enabled: African Infantry
- Enabled: African Spearman
- Enabled: African Scout
- Enabled: African Swordsman
- Enabled: African Warrior
- Enabled: African Archer
- Enabled: African Horseman
- Enabled: Roman Cavalry Auxilia, replaces Horseman

Ethnic unit styles
------------------
- Changed: graphics from Swordsman unit changed for Light Sworsdman for all ethnic unit styles (those units were swapped and these graphics weren't yet)
- Added: African unitstyle (middle east graphics used when african unit not available)

Civilizations
-------------
- Changed: Zulu unit artstyle changed from Middle east to African
- Changed: Ethiopian unit artstyle changed to African
- Changed: Mali unit artstyle changed to African

Wonders
-------
- Added: Technological Capital, req. Terra Computer
- Added: Global Stock Exchange, req. Conglomerates
- Added: Theory of Everything, req. Superstring Theory

Buildings
---------
- Added: Convention Center, req. Communication networks
- Added: Info Net, req. Knowledge Management
- Added: Advanced Quality Control, req. Mesh Networks
- Added: Orbital Factory, req. Space colonies and Magnetic Levitation. Test: can be built multiple times in a city
- Changed: Size of Arcology and Shieldings' slightly decreased
- Changed: Castle no longer requires Walls (In real life castles were built in cities which didn't have city walls)
- Changed: Arcology adds +5 culture
- Changed: Arcology Shielding adds +10 culture, effects from 1st Arcology building combined ie. +3 health added
- Changed: Arcology Advanced Shielding adds +15 culture, effects from 1st Arcology building combined ie. +3 health added
- Changed: Commercial Airport effects have now also effects from Airport since this upgrade line is working now, requires Oil Products instead of Oil

Improvements
------------
- Added: Submerged Town, req. Aquaculture, can be built on ocean and coast, +1 food, +1 hammer, +1 gold

Techs
-----
- Enabled: Superstring Theory
- Changed: Dualism hidden from tech tree since it's disabled
- Changed: Polytheism no longer have Dualism as requirement

Gametext
--------
- Fixed: Mind Control Center strategy entry
- Added: 20 Rise of Mankind hints

Python
------
- Added: Airport is disabled and can't be built again if city builds Commercial Airport
My plan is to fix all bugs and add few final touches before we reach version 1.0. I want version 1.0 to be as stable as possible. By the way 0.9.3 has now working helicopters and almost all future techs have been filled. After v1.0 we can start planning for v2.0 and for that see my 4th post about version 2.0 on this thread. I try to upload v0.93 today if I have time for it, just now fixing my uncle's computer and it takes some hours...

Thanks Kalimakhus for trying to find solution to that font problem, highly appreciated. :) I'll see what you've done and add working fonts to next version (0.9.4).

Not noticed any major problems thus far - air units that recieve an extended range promotion don't show the extra range until they're re-selected, but I've hit an annoying CTS snag in the middle of my greatest ever war.

The turn before, I completed the tech that allows early tanks and armored cars, and switched several production cities to them. Next turn CTD. Reloaded the save : cancelled all tanks. CTD. Reloaded - cancelled armored cars - CTD. Reloaded - cancelled BOTH - guess what?

Sorry I couldn't lock down the cause, but at least I may have ruled out a couple of things.

Off to weep for a couple of hours now.

Keep up the grrrrrreat work though!

MrHyms
Did your wife let you play it whole weekend? ;)

I doubt that I can do anything to that air unit promotion - at least it works even though you have to re-select them.

I wonder what caused that CTD, I'll check those units just to make sure they're ok and then look for other possible problems with those units and that tech. Did AI players discover any techs at the same turn? Since CTD might be caused also by something that AI players did on that turn...

Firstly I'd like to say GREAT MOD!!!!!, I love having loads of techs and resources and just general stuff, for me, more is better.

Now to the problem (or potential problem).

Shortly after I discovered Iron Working Napoleon went to war with me, I hadn't really done anything to upset him except follow another religion, btu i thought fine I can cope with one nation (although he was mass building units and brought far more into the field than I expected, but i was managing to hold my cities without problem), but what surprised me was that a few turns later every other civ on that continent went to war with me, but not each-other even though they were each following different religions...I was doomed (4 civs all mass producing units and attacking only me?) the only reason I could see for this was having a different religion, but in the normal game religion doesn't normall have such a drastic effect, especially on the easier difficulty settings. Is it just me, or is the mod meant to work this way?
Thanks :) You're like me then, I also like when you have lots of choices to make and when you really have to think for your strategies in Civ game. Base Civ 4 game is ok for me, but it didn't give enough realistic picture about how human race developed from stone age to space age so I had to make "few" changes ;)

I fear Napolean in this game, he has crushed my civilization like a bug once with huge navy and massive army - just recently watched documentary about Napoleon and he was a true war leader and it's good to see it in this game too. I haven't made any changes to Napoleon leader, he's just the way he is in original BtS game. Be prepared next time.

You can research fission without having researched thermodynamics which in turn comes from physics, that cant be right.
Well, in theory a scientist could discover fission (or nucleis and half-life times) without the knowledge of thermodynamics (different energy types). In this mod Fission tech is more like theory how nucleis work and later Nuclear Power tech is the tech when that knowledge about Fission is really put to work and that tech requires knowledge of thermodynamics (cooling down nuclear reactor is important). When I was making the tech tree, I tried to think on each tech's requirements the question: "Does this tech really need to know about this other tech?" as I wanted to create a tech tree that isn't too strict. I wanted player to have as much freedom with the techs as much as possible but still tried to maintain the timeline of mankind's discoveries.

Some civics give unhappy faces for civs that dont have it but there are more civic options that have that effect also. Problem is when you switch to these other options you get unhappy faces from the civic option you just left. So there is no better option? I hope you get the point.
Civics still need more balancing, I agree with that. War weariness modifier is in many civic options and I'll probably have to change a few of them. One reason for those unhappy faces was the amount of other things added to the mod that add happy faces and I needed something to balance them. Balancing happy and unhappy citizens will be difficult task and I'd like to hear about ideas what could be done with them. Note that game settings such as difficulty have big effect to happy people amount.

In the later game, spy missions like +8 unhappy and +8 pollution only have effect on big cities since the smaller have plenty to spare. Also steal treasury could use a boost but should then cost alot more of course.
or maybe im just checking out the civs without alot of gold.
Thanks for pointing this out. I had to look where those missions are set and see if they could be changed to be more dynamic but unfortunately it can't be done with just editing the xml file. All the prices are static and there's no percentage option available. For other things like research, production etc. you can set dynamic changes for game speeds and eras but that kind of option is missing for Espionage.

The same goes for events. Like pay 46 to repair the mine or loose it. youll have enough money to spare later in the game. so it becomes a non issue. Is it scalable per age?
I'm not fully familiar with events yet but I doubt that they would be scalable. But that can be done by dividing one event to several new ones and limit the new events so that they happen during different eras (limit them with techs).. then I could add different prices for those new events and so a mine collapse on modern times could cost you a lot more than during classical age. I had planned to include Solver's event mod at some point (when that mod is finished) and add also all the events I had in mind. See my 4th post in this thread about Rise of Mankind v2.0.

Whats the meaning of light artillery? they become available later in the game than oridnary arty.
Light artillery is cheaper than normal artillery. Light artillery also has 2 movement points while Artillery has just one. While Light Artillery strength is less than Artillery's, its speed gives it advantage in many situations.

Bombers can have the fanatic promotion?
Fanatic is prereq for Kamikaze promotion. I wanted Kamikaze promotion to be available for all units.

The arcology building is a bit big on the map could be a bit smaller.
I'll adjust it and make it a bit smaller. :)

after you build advanced shielding arcology becomes buildable again.
Fixed in 0.9.2.

The mind control center states that it reduces production by 25% but the text below it says -15%
Fixed in 0.9.3. Thanks for noticing it. That building was taken from Next War and didn't do any modifications to it so I guess that's a small bug in that mod too.

Religion spreads pretty fast (confucianism). I wasnt spreading it actively maybe other civs were.
Did you notice that in this mod also the religious buildings help spread your religions faster? I might lower religions spread factors if people think that religions spread too fast now - I'd like to hear some reports. :)

I notices temples of different religions have different build costs.
Yes, they have different costs now because religions were made to be more unique. There's also slight differencies between religious buildings in different religions so make sure you read again all their descriptions.

I attacked a low culture civ city without walls, still it had very high defences. It was difficult to conquer in just a couple of turns.
How high defense was it? What units were in city (and if you remember, what promotions they had?). All the info I can get from battles/wars helps me to balance units/promotions better. :)

Does the statue of Zeus ever become obsolete? if it doesnt it is a must have!!
Hmm, it doesn't. Had to check it. It effects are the same as in BtS - I didn't change them.

Im not exactly sure but the silk road wonder gave the units build in that city an extra movement point. If thats intended then it should be mentioned since it says nothing of the sort in the description.
It's not the Silk Road. It's The Kong Miao that gives Morale promotion (extra movement point). I assume you had Confucian holy city and built there this wonder with your Great Prophet? The promotion effect for The Kong Miao was part of the religion changes.

AI calculation of resource value may be out. On my latest game I bumped into Ghandi around 1600. Opened the negotiation screen, selected his coffee and asked "What do you want for this"- his final demand was NOTHING. At all.

Possibly a bug - possible I've genned up a world full of generous altruists, or possible they're all lulling me into a sense of false security! I'm certainly not used to getting ANYTHING for nothing from the AI unless I'm bullying them...
New resources were made more attractive for trading in 0.9 patches: Some buildings give happiness/health bonuses for those new resources now, so AI players should be more interested in trading them.

Let me know if AI players still aren't trading those resources in newest mod version.

Also RE Arcologies :- doubt it would have much impact on the game by that stage, but should they also come with a culture bonus? I know when I see them scattered throughout my lands, I think they look cool as h*ll and would happily move into one!
I've just yesterday noticed that when you upgrade arcology with the shielding, its effects change totally so I was thinking to fix them so that effects carry on to the next building type just the way I did with Harbor->Port->Commercial Port->International Port building upgrade line. I could add culture bonus there as well. currently arcology buildings have the same effects as in Next War mod.

Well i must say, very ambition mod. Are you really doing this all by yourself? or is there people to help you? i wish i could mod, but i dont know anything about it. maybe i'll start learning, at least some basics... :p
Yes, just me alone making this mod - well, you all help me with reporting the bugs and pointing out things that I wouldn't notice myself and then there's of course all those fabulous artists who have made new units and other graphics. So big thanks to you all. :) It took about 7 months to make this mod first to Warlords and now it's taken about month to convert it to BtS. When I started I didn't know anything about modding Civ4 but it was pretty easy to learn. Earlier I've modded Civ 3, Morrowind and Oblivion so I guess that has helped me some. I suggest that you start with editing the XML files, it's the easiest part and it won't take long before you could do a mod like this. ;)

But i really would like to see more civics, 6 or 7 in each categories and there should be military category, i just like when there is a lot af choises.. :p
Civics have gotten now 2 new categories and there's some militaristic new choices: Military training and Martial Law. 7 categories is the max I can fit to civic page. I have ideas for 2-3 more categories but it would require SDK changes (new DLL file) to the mod to get the display work with that many civic categories. Or actually I could edit civic screen with python to show more categories but the problem would be the text elements on civic page, I would loose them so you wouldn't see info about civics. This happened in mod's Warlords version. To fix also those text boxes would require new DLL (has been done in some mods).

So for now we'll have to settle for 7 categories. There's some civic options still missing because I haven't decided if I should add them and what effects they should have. I'm doing some research for Civic specific buildings, for example Representation could get Senate building, but before I can add them I need to learn bit more about python. These civic specific buildings could add more flavor to civics. :)

@Zappara
Please, add to the next patch these:
- ranged bombardment: missiles, better artillery
- properly working helicopters (fly over lakes, coast)
I won't play your awesome mod until you do it. ;)
Version 0.9.3 will have working helicopters. Bombardment will be added soon too (hopefully). ;)

Included Items

- Solver's unofficial patch (Last version August 29th).
- Dale's Bombardment Component.
- 30 Civs and 10 Colonies.
- Fixed GameFont_75.tga

The file can be found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6932

Note:
I tried to add the range bombardment ability to all eligible units. However because of the large number of units the mod has, I sure have missed some. If anyone notices a unit that should have the ability please report back and I will fix it.
You're fast Kalimakhus. Big thanks! You put together mods that I had planned to add to my mod.. you're really speeding up my mod update process.. ;) I have few others as well to be added (specialist stacker, zcivic promotions etc.)

Edit: After a bit more experimentation I've discovered what appears to be causing my CTD's. Everytime I learn the Weaving Tech, I CTD. With 1 turn to go on the weaving tech if I change research all goes well, soon as I go back to weaving and press end turn my game crashes.
Smint
For me Weaving tech has always worked.. odd bug. I'll have to check if I can find reason for what is causing that CTD.

I like to request some nice future techs, like the current future tech that give you +1 on both happiness and heath. I want a future Tech that Increases food increase on land, and other nice things instead of one future tech, this can be really useful later on for economic usage and cities crying for food.
v0.9.3 will have new improvement called Submerged Town (uses Starbase graphics from Final Frontier), that gives food for your city from coast and ocean plots. Orbital factory also gives food bonus to city.

Cuirassiers have bonusses against spear/pike units but not melee units in general is this intended?

Privateers have cargo space of two but cant put spies (for instance)on them.

Glasssmith needs stone now instead of salt? Is this to represent sand?

Cavalry tactics tech has a txt key description.

Some cities give bonussus to units without reason it seems. I posted this earlier and though the silk road was causing this. Now it happend in two cities. One gives martial arts bonus the other movement bonus.

Sulphur could use a better spread. Almost half of civs dont have it mostly. Good thing privateers dont need sulphur otherwise you are screwed for quite a bit.

I play on a island map and boy can you drain an economy with privateers!
Too bad the ai cant handle them well. They just build loads of lesser type ships. It wouldnt be so bad if they just attacked with them. Its better than let the privateers drain your economy. Wait a minute they build lots of lesser ships to block tiles! so you have to attack with privateers to get a favorable position. Thats not so bad from the ai.

Would be a good idea to let you capture defeated ships. That way the civ without sulphur has more of a chance.

could the Mutually Assured Destruction mod be implemented?

I have a repetitive ctd by a civcoredll issue. I replaced it with solvers latest update and had no issues until about 10 turns later. Blockading is so much faster!
Changing back to the old dll file didnt help. :( I was so very much enjoying myself
Cuirassiers and Cavalry have gunpowder weapons, the bonus was added to them because spearmans/pikemen +100% bonus agains mounted becomes obsolote - you can't dodge bullets and cavalry with rifles won't be ramming against spears anymore ;)

I was planning to add Spy unit to specialunit list that allows people units to be carried in certain ships. In 0.9.4 probably.

Stone and salt represent the ingredients that are needed to make glass. If those resources weren't needed for that building, glass would be too common resource at classical time.

Martial arts promotion is given by Taoist monastery (if I recall correctly). This was part of religion changes. Check all the religious buildings from pedia and read the effects from them. There's been lots of changes. ;)

I've noticed also that too few sulphur resources are put to the maps and I'll have to adjust it for next versions.

Mutually Assured Destruction mod is one of the mods that I'm interested in adding it to my mod.

Hi... this is a great Mod ! but the Game crashey every time when i reaches the year 1500 AD, what can i do ? please help me.....
Could you give bit more information what happened in most recent turns? Events, buildings been built etc.?

I'd recommend adding this mod-component:
Link
By allowing more religions, the early (and possibly Civ-Specific) religions might be included. I think there is a mod component that allows 3 religions per city and causes old, non-state ones to eventually fade out but I can't remember what it is for the life of me. Me thinks the 43 religions might be altered to work for the Corporations screen, but I don't know.

I've seen that religion mod and been thinking about it. ;)

For me Weaving tech has always worked.. odd bug. I'll have to check if I can find reason for what is causing that CTD.

Thanks for getting back to me zappara. I restarted my game and learned weaving early on no problems so it can't be the sole cause of error it seems. It has now CTD'd a bit later on :(.

If you wish I can send over my .sav, it crashes for me soon as I click end turn. If it works for you then it would tend to indicate some sort of problem my end.

Great job i have NOT been to work since i downloaded your Mod rise of man...Dude i been up 3 days straight Playing this mod....Great Job this is the best Mod i ever played...thank you ...thank you.. thank you so much for this Mod..I think my wife is Pissed but she understands that I must conquer the world i seen her 3 days getting up at 6:00 am to go to work and im still here playing drinking coffe and spreading democracy with bullets when i play as the Americans..god bless America!!
I would like to ask a request from you can you Please included Hitler and the waffen ss soldiers and a flag Mod in rise of man?
Great work dude you.... Rule!!!!!
Zappara i read in one of your threads that you needed coffe to keep working on your Mods I would like to donate some cash to You Via Paypal please contact me i would like to contribute.
thank you so Much for your mod this is the best MOD Ever hands Downs with out a shadow of a doubt You are the Coolest!!!!

I will check this mod out - largely on account of the above post :lol:

I've uploaded v0.9.3 now so check the 1st post in this thread for download link. My 1st test game on that version is now around 500AD so I haven't played it through yet.. having fun playing it though :)

Changelog for version 0.9.3
Spoiler :

Units
-----
- Added: Special Infantry, req. Superstrong Alloys
- Added: EMP SAM Infantry, req. Superstrong Alloys
- Added: Fusion Destroyer, req. Nanobotics and Fusion
- Added: Fusion Cruiser, req. Cold Fusion
- Added: Fusion Battleship, req. Shielding
- Added: Fusion Carrier, req. Megastructure Engineering
- Added: Submerged Town Platform, can build Submerged Town improvement
- Added: Offshore Platform, can build Offshore Platform improvement
- Changed: Quechua no longer upgrade to Maceman
- Changed: Cuirassier upgrades also to Gunship
- Changed: Ancient Cannon upgrades to Bombard
- Changed: Hwacha upgrades to Bombard
- Changed: Nuclear Submarine carries missiles instead of people
- Changed: Mechanized Infantry upgrades to Special Infantry
- Changed: ACV SAM upgrades to EMP SAM Infantry
- Changed: All helicopter units can move all terrains now, they can enter coast and ocean too
- Changed: Stealth Destroyer upgrades to Fusion Destroyer
- Changed: Sentinel moved to Terra Computer, req. Cold Fusion
- Changed: Hi-Tech robot moved to Sentient Earth, req. Cold Fusion
- Changed: Aegis Cruiser upgrades to Fusion Cruiser
- Changed: Missile Cruiser upgrades to Fusion Cruiser
- Changed: Battleship upgrades to Fusion Battleship and Missile Cruiser
- Changed: Nuclear Carrier upgrades to Fusion Carrier
- Changed: Nanite Cloud can move all terrain
- Changed: Crossbowman units no longer require Iron
- Changed: Workboat no longer can build Offshore Platform
- Changed: Mobile Artillery unitcombat bonuses against Archer, melee and mounted units
- Enabled: Minuteman unit, unique for America, replaces Musketman
- Enabled: Ansar Warrior, unique for Arabia, replaces Light Cavalry
- Enabled: Elite Jaguar, unique for Aztec, replaces Swordsman
- Enabled: English Longbowman, replaces longbowman
- Enabled: Teutonic Knight, unique for Germany, replaces Heavy Swordsman
- Enabled: Elite Quechua, unique for Inca, replaces Axeman
- Enabled: Zero, unique for Japan, replaces Fighter
- Enabled: Mali Cavalry, replaces Horseman
- Enabled: Sipahi, unique for Persia, replaces Knight
- Enabled: Roman Cavalry, unique for Rome, replaces Mounted Infantry
- Enabled: Spanish Galleon, replaces Galleon
- Enabled: African Axeman
- Enabled: African Infantry
- Enabled: African Spearman
- Enabled: African Scout
- Enabled: African Swordsman
- Enabled: African Warrior
- Enabled: African Archer
- Enabled: African Horseman
- Enabled: Roman Cavalry Auxilia, replaces Horseman

Ethnic unit styles
------------------
- Changed: graphics from Swordsman unit changed for Light Sworsdman for all ethnic unit styles (those units were swapped and these graphics weren't yet)
- Added: African unitstyle (middle east graphics used when african unit not available)

Civilizations
-------------
- Changed: Zulu unit artstyle changed from Middle east to African
- Changed: Ethiopian unit artstyle changed to African
- Changed: Mali unit artstyle changed to African

Wonders
-------
- Added: Technological Capital, req. Terra Computer
- Added: Global Stock Exchange, req. Conglomerates
- Added: Theory of Everything, req. Superstring Theory

Buildings
---------
- Added: Convention Center, req. Communication networks
- Added: Info Net, req. Knowledge Management
- Added: Advanced Quality Control, req. Mesh Networks
- Added: Orbital Factory, req. Space colonies and Magnetic Levitation. Test: can be built multiple times in a city
- Changed: Size of Arcology and Shieldings' slightly decreased
- Changed: Castle no longer requires Walls (In real life castles were built in cities which didn't have city walls)
- Changed: Arcology adds +5 culture
- Changed: Arcology Shielding adds +10 culture, effects from 1st Arcology building combined ie. +3 health added
- Changed: Arcology Advanced Shielding adds +15 culture, effects from 1st Arcology building combined ie. +3 health added
- Changed: Commercial Airport effects have now also effects from Airport since this upgrade line is working now, requires Oil Products instead of Oil

Improvements
------------
- Added: Submerged Town, req. Aquaculture, can be built on ocean and coast, +1 food, +1 hammer, +1 gold

Techs
-----
- Enabled: Superstring Theory
- Changed: Dualism hidden from tech tree since it's disabled
- Changed: Polytheism no longer have Dualism as requirement

Gametext
--------
- Fixed: Mind Control Center strategy entry
- Added: 20 Rise of Mankind hints

Python
------
- Added: Airport is disabled and can't be built again if city builds Commercial Airport

Downloaded and install the new patch, I will report any CTD's I have occured. I should save every now and then, but I will forget. I don't like autosaves because of lag problems.

I can see that some techs dont need certain prereqs. But fission is about energy hence my questionmark about that.

I read in solvers thread about his extra events that for slower game speeds the effects last longer maybe that can be implemented at later stages in the game. In combination with war weariness it can be a B*tch

light arty - ok noted. Also for those special effects from the shrines (movement and martial arts) Ill read the sevopedia first. A tooltip would be handy if its already in there nvm.

Yes i noticed the spread from buildings (now :) also. I read you are thinking about adding more religions. I would applaud that since mostly there are two dominant religions in the world. Some more ai-ai wars would be great.

Iirc the defence in the low culture city without walls was about 60%. It had 5 defenders at start, some archers and horse archers. Dont know about the promotions. They had one or two at the most. More came in countering (rock paper scissors style) the units i had deployed outside. Never seen this before BtS or just never noticed. When i used the mounted infantry against the archers it came up with some spearmen. When i used axemen the ai came with horse archers.

*Quote Cuirassiers and Cavalry have gunpowder weapons, the bonus was added to them because spearmans/pikemen +100% bonus agains mounted becomes obsolote - you can't dodge bullets and cavalry with rifles won't be ramming against spears anymore.

Yes i got that :) My point is, the gunpowder units are strong against any melee. For instance the musketman gets a bonus against melee units. If you give cuirrasiers a bonus against melee units, then you cover both pikemen and macemen for instance.

Thanks for listening and considering your customers requests! :D

May I commend this mod some more? Fantastic mod and very thankful that 0.9.2 works ^^

Civics have gotten now 2 new categories and there's some militaristic new choices: Military training and Martial Law. 7 categories is the max I can fit to civic page. I have ideas for 2-3 more categories but it would require SDK changes (new DLL file) to the mod to get the display work with that many civic categories. Or actually I could edit civic screen with python to show more categories but the problem would be the text elements on civic page, I would loose them so you wouldn't see info about civics. This happened in mod's Warlords version. To fix also those text boxes would require new DLL (has been done in some mods).

This is just a wild stab in the dark, but is it possible to have a civic page with a scroll bar attached to it, akin to the tech tree, so more categories could be added without costing quality?

Stone and salt represent the ingredients that are needed to make glass. If those resources weren't needed for that building, glass would be too common resource at classical time.

What about in modern times? Forgive me for not checking but do the Glass Smiths go obsolete when glass becomes a bit more easily produced and abundant? If not, well, why not tie it to a tech (not sure which exactly) that obsoletes glass smiths, obsoletes glassware but gives you a +1 Happiness in the void the glassware leaves behind.

Workboat no longer can build Offshore Platform
If Workboats can't build this (or the Submerged town?) what can?

Added: Convention Center, req. Communication networks
+1 Happiness with Internet access? :mischief:
I know, it's not that sort of convention. Perhaps a bonus for corporations or maintenance for the conferences held there?

If I may, I'd like to throw my own two pence in about the helicopters.
I don't feel it's too appropriate for helicopters to be able to fly over ocean tiles. The movement they're allowed represents movement in a year and, whilst I'd assume during it's traversing over land it could refuel and I see no issue with it getting over lakes and coast, I can't exactly understand how they can get far out to sea. However, I don't know much about helicopters - can they cross continents?

Beyond that (and that I look forward to the next version and the possibility of the new religions), the only more I could ask if we could possibly expect new events in future patches?

Once again, looking forward to the next version and please; keep up the good work!

For those who were kind enough to download my patch I am deeply sorry for the previous version had a rather silly bug.

Now the patch is updated for Rise of Mankind 0.9.3.

As mentioned before it fixes the resources icons issue. (You need to remove GameFont.tga from ../Rise of Mankind/assets/res/fonts).

It also adds Dale's ranged bombardment component and Solver's unofficial patch.

Last it allows up to 34 civs in the game (with extra 6 slots for colonies. i.e. 40 civs total).

Hopefully some will like to give it a trial. For me it makes an already wonderful MOD even more enjoyable.

The patch can be found here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6932

Didn't see if in the 0.9.3 changelog, but I was able to build harbors after I finished Commercial ports.

The code in CvGameUtils.py now will prevent building a harbor if a port is there but once a commercial port is built the port will be removed and so the herbor can once again be built.

The solution is that the code should prevent the harbor from being built if either a port, commercial port, or international port is there.

Can someone tell me where to goto change the 'only 3 wonders' limit on cities.

I might mod that out at some stage. Thanks.

I tried installing the patch, but I got a number of xml errors when I tried starting BtS. The one I remember was something like wrong unit class "fusion_battleship".

small bug: the specialists' pictures are not aligned.
The plus-minus sign for type A is located next to type B (example: adding a spy requires you to click next to the engineer)

other icons seem to be incorrect too (city-defence bonus has the icon of great people for example)

Top Bottom