Civ 2 Map Editor Help Please

Cyan Fargo

Chieftain
I start up my map editor and when I press the OK button the Ediitor crashes. It say it has caused an invallid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL Please anyone help!!!

It could be several things. What version of Civ are you using, and what OS?

Page fault means there is some problem with the memory, or the system is incapable of paging as requested.

Kernal32 is your OS, which is what your editor "runs" in. The editor can also be defective, RAM could be seated improperly (or a defective part)... but my guess is there is an incompatibility between your OS and the .EXE, which could even show up only when you have seemingly unrelated 3rd party programs running in the background. The .EXE could be bad, but I doubt it.

It's trial and error to isolate it. :( Maybe someone else has seen that specific editor failure; check the Microprose website & the MS Knowledgebase as an idea :).......

PS, Almost forgot the obvious... post your problem to the Tech Support forum here...

Good luck, & if you can figure it out (or someone helps you), be sure to come back the the Tech Support forums and post the solution so others can learn from it :) :).

Oh.... and WELCOME to CFC & the Civ 2 Forums! Hope to see you here.... you might like to play the Civ 2 GOTM (Game of the Month), too!

EDIT: Add Link.

I was looking for a tech support but didnt see. thanks, but I dont think its the exe file because I've reloaded it a couple times but that didn't work. I also have it working on the other computer too.

Well im posting at the tech support, I hope someone ther can help. Thanks Starlifter.

Top Bottom