Quot Capita

It was a beta 3 game, but unfortunately I deleted it.

I have started another game, this one is loading just fine.

Will you consider the possibily to add [BtS] "Extra" mod to this super mod? I would love that! This mod comes with the features from Next War and certain features from other default mods. More civics, more wonders, few more units, future era...

Hi!

Likes very much !I test it , particularly multiplayer in a manner.
We have some ideas, but we cannot accomplish it. Would you be able to work on him?

avain,

Have you been able to get CASA & Influence Driven War to work together?

Hi all!

About "Extra": I'll most probably try and do my vision of an "extra" mod, which will be this one as soon as it gets done...

About multiplayer: I don't know how multiplayer-friendly this mod is, or will be - as I never played in multi. At least one info I know about this - even Dale stated that DCM needs improvement in this regard, which is part of QC.

CASA and Influence DW: I'll check that and see if I can remedy the situation (even though I don't intend to play with CASA, but I see there are big fans out there).
So this task is on the list for sure, just the current priority #1 is:
- Checking the CTDs. I'm still getting CTDs with test plays, and I want to solve this issue. Currently I'm in the process of debugging the SDK, which involves some manual log inserts and such to isolate the crash, which is more of an intermittent issue of the WORST kind as far as I can tell.
But I'm working hard on it!

Nonsense!!

There is plenty to appreciate! Varietas Delectat, the Modern Era Expansion, Hungary & I'm sure you'll get this mod in good working order!

BTW, the game I'm playing is going well, I'm a bit over 600 turns into a marathon game. No problems to report. This saved game loaded every time.

Hmm. That may mean dismantling VD 3.3 into a standard mod. Gonna have to figure out how to do that. Will just dropping the VD artdefines XML stuff into the assets\art\units directory work?

Same goes for the ethnic art module...

I do know that when I combined several non-module mods alongside VD 2.1ish, they suffered no errors. Of course, the only SDK change I had was 34 man, and I don't recall any Python stuff.

Is this (you abandoning modular loading) true for VD as well ?

Dunno yet. I think it works ok unless we are talking about huge modpacks such as this. It will be de-modularized in QC for sure.

Hmm. That may mean dismantling VD 3.3 into a standard mod. Gonna have to figure out how to do that. Will just dropping the VD artdefines XML stuff into the assets\art\units directory work?

Same goes for the ethnic art module...

I do know that when I combined several non-module mods alongside VD 2.1ish, they suffered no errors. Of course, the only SDK change I had was 34 man, and I don't recall any Python stuff.

As VD is only some changed XML and art files, there's no issue with python and SDK. Also, Python and SDK were never subject to modular loading in any mod, so you shouldn't fear about those - it's only XML merging.

Dunno yet. I think it works ok unless we are talking about huge modpacks such as this. It will be de-modularized in QC for sure.

So basically you are saying modular xml works with the regular dll but you get into trouble with custom dlls and / or Python changes ?

I would not expect that, unless there were errors in the dll / Python changes which cause these - but then I never gave it a try.

What kind of problems did pop up for you related to the modular xml ?

Curious as I was thinking about adding Bhruic, DCM and maybe some other stuff myself ;)

As VD is only some changed XML and art files, there's no issue with python and SDK. Also, Python and SDK were never subject to modular loading in any mod, so you shouldn't fear about those - it's only XML merging.

I am aware that it is only XML. What I meant was, should taking the XML out of the Modules\XML directory tree and dropping them into the Assets\XML directory tree be sufficient (provided the files those XML tags point to are also moved)?

So basically you are saying modular xml works with the regular dll but you get into trouble with custom dlls and / or Python changes ?

I would not expect that, unless there were errors in the dll / Python changes which cause these - but then I never gave it a try.

What kind of problems did pop up for you related to the modular xml ?

Curious as I was thinking about adding Bhruic, DCM and maybe some other stuff myself ;)

Exactly. I wouldn't have expected that either. But sometimes when you rule out everything possible, what remains is the solution.
Now I'm not 100% dead sure that there are no other errors affecting this, but what I experienced is:
- Random crashes after loading a game with QC. Random means - sometimes after loading you hit Esc and it crashes, and sometimes you load the exact same game and can continue without problems.
- Since there's a dll change to save game params, I could not straight remove the modified dll to check the problem, but I could replace it with Dale's dll (which has AIAutoplay and thus the same savegame params), and with Dale's dll, without the Python modification and only with VD modularly loaded - bamm! - there's the same (random) crash.

Now what I did was remerge the modular VD into the XMLs, and voila! I haven't had the same problems anymore...

I am aware that it is only XML. What I meant was, should taking the XML out of the Modules\XML directory tree and dropping them into the Assets\XML directory tree be sufficient (provided the files those XML tags point to are also moved)?

Well, some merging of separated XMLs is needed. I'll upload my next beta and you can check it yourself.

Top Bottom