[BtS] DIPLOMACY: a mod for Diplogames!

The Capo

godless Heathen

COMING SOON!

"Diplomacy II: The History of the World" will feature the following:
  • Even more new religions: Canaanism, Anunnaki, Shamanism, and Druidic Traditions will be available in addition to Amun-Ra, Shinto, Zoroastrianism, Olympic Pantheon, Voodoo, Toetl and Asatru.
  • Spy Promotions and new missions!
  • New wonders.
  • New civs: Iroquois, Israel, Sioux, Franks, Polynesians, Vietnam!
  • Pirates and Barbarian Hordes!
  • Barbarian states can evolve into actual civs.
  • Religious inquisitions!
  • An expanded future era.
  • Flavored units and cities for all civs.
  • New graphics: Terrain, flags, leaderheads.
  • Over forty new leaders!
  • And much much MORE! (probably)

I apologize for the mod being taken down but the new one is much better and I couldn't just keep it up because Filefront kept dropping it, so eventually it became pointless for me to continue uploading it. Currently I am using this as the development thread for the next edition of the mod. So please feel free to help out with its creation. The idea behind this mod is to get the advice and help from potential players to make it completely user-friendly and fun for all involved. I do regular playtesting and OFTEN take advice and criticism from guests to our thread.

I apologize for the long delay but my goal is to make this mod as good as possible.

Thanks Capo - I was working on a mod in the last couple of days that does basically exactly what yours does... except yours has more.

The only thing I want to add to yours is Scotland, otherwise you've covered all the leaders and additional civs I was working on :)

:goodjob:

I downloaded this last week, and I thought it was very good. Sort of like CivGold, except with slightly less leaderheads and a few more units. On a side note, I really liked your opening menu music.

Good job.

I downloaded this last week, and I thought it was very good. Sort of like CivGold, except with slightly less leaderheads and a few more units. On a side note, I really liked your opening menu music.

Good job.

Good job.

Well thanks for your "three thumbs up" endorsement ETB!

@CodePoet: Ask you shall receive. I don't know if you DLed my modules, but they are available. I am going to do another round of modules and I was trying to think of which civs to add but now I pretty much know, usually I do four so here is what I am planning on doing;

1) Songhai - I like adding African civs (for some reason), and it was either them the Mamluks or the Moors... although I might go Moors instead.

2) Vietnam - One more Asian civ can't hurt

3) Scotland - Becuse you asked.

4) I was thinking something in the Americas for the fourth one, either Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil or Cuba. Although I was thinking of making an "Americas" module pack, which would have four civs from the Americas and then a European one with four civs from Europe. Not sure yet, but the top three are definitely going in the next module pack. The leaders will be Mary by NikNaks and Robert the Bruce (forget who did that one).

Any issues you guys notice?

if u r thinking about Cuba, consider my cuba civ.....dont have any screenies cuz i reuploaded in a hurry....it has unique unit (mambise-cavalry), unique building (club tropicana-coloseum), fidel castro and jose marti animated LH, flag, team color (carribean blue) plus a couple of flavor units.....the XML is made to run with VD, but should be easy enough to edit.....and when i get my main computer back up and running, i plan to update with many more flavor units and other goodies.....in the thread, page 4, u can see some of the flavor units i plan to add and also DL the cuban national anthem music that jimmyballz was nice enough to upload... just for your consideration....:D

Thanks Bernie! I'll take a look at it, and I'll probably use it. If you noticed from my mod I just take other people's work and combine it/fine tune it. The Americas module pack probably won't come out for a couple of months, I'd like to do another general pack first. But I'll certainly use your stuff.

Thanks Bernie! I'll take a look at it, and I'll probably use it. If you noticed from my mod I just take other people's work and combine it/fine tune it. The Americas module pack probably won't come out for a couple of months, I'd like to do another general pack first. But I'll certainly use your stuff.

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Bernie: The only thing is, I was going to use your UU from Cuba for Mexico's UU, because I think it looks better than the Villista that is already out there. So I guess what I am asking is if you plan on making a vanilla Cavalry unit, or if it is possible could you make the Mexican style rifleman a cavalry, or the Mamibsa (sp?) a standalone rifle unit so I could use that as a mexican UU. I don't know how to make units.

Bernie: The only thing is, I was going to use your UU from Cuba for Mexico's UU, because I think it looks better than the Villista that is already out there. So I guess what I am asking is if you plan on making a vanilla Cavalry unit, or if it is possible could you make the Mexican style rifleman a cavalry, or the Mamibsa (sp?) a standalone rifle unit so I could use that as a mexican UU. I don't know how to make units.

our timing is impecable! :)...i am just in the process of making industrial units for mexico, which had been requested by wolfshanze...i will be making a mexican musketman, cuirassier and cannon.....here's a shot of the musketman.....

or just let me know exactly what u like and i will try to do it for u :D

make an nordic mythology religion

There is already one in the game. Aesir Mythology is the Nordic religion you speak of.

@ Bernie; wow, you are right that is good timing. I'll probably put Mexico in my next module-pack then. The units look great I just downloaded them today.

Man, my mod went from five to two stars... :sad:

There is already one in the game. Aesir Mythology is the Nordic religion you speak of.

@ Bernie; wow, you are right that is good timing. I'll probably put Mexico in my next module-pack then. The units look great I just downloaded them today.

Man, my mod went from five to two stars... :sad:

You can't trust the ratings. It's a well know fact some people just go around giving any mod they can 1 star. One time I woke up in the morning and every mod on the front page seemed to have their rating cut in half cause some idiot decided to rate them all an F.

It's a great mod, don't worry.

Well thank you Tsentom, I'm glad you liked it. I know it isn't as different from the regular game as a lot of other mods, but that was the idea behind it. Anyway in the interest of keeping, well, interest, in this thread I am going to talk about a few things I am working on.

First, I am going to have an expanded edition of this mod coming at some point in the near future. I plan on adding a couple more leaders, and improving upon the graphics for a few of them (because I have been learning to make LHs). Ekmek's Atotzli and Ataturk will definitely be in. I am also going to add Sejong to Korea (I can't remember who made that at the moment) and I am going to add a couple of leaders I am working on myself and I am going to redo Charles V so he looks a little more like Charles V.

I am PLANNING on two new module packs to go along with it. One is going to include;
-Vietnam
-Minoa
-Songhai
-A fourth, yet to be determined civ (suggestions are welcome!)

The other planned module pack is of European civilizations, which will PROBABLY (because this list is not finalized) include;
-Sweden
-Poland
-Ukraine
-Denmark
-Ireland
-Scotland

I am only going to have four in it, and Sweden is DEFINITELY going in because I am making a Swedish LH right now, so if anyone wants to push for specific civs please feel free to do so.

And there is one I am working on at the moment, which is going to be the Americas module pack. This will include;
-Canada
-Brazil
-Mexico
-Either a Caribbean civ, Cuba, Colombia or Venezuela, or perhaps Colombia and Venezuela together as Gran Colombia (like in your mod Tsentom).

All of my modules will have flavored units, with little to no overlap in graphics. I am not doing diplomacy texts or audio files for them because I want them to be easily removeable and added so you can decide which civs you want in the game at a given time. Part of the reason I don't like mods like Civ Gold that add too many civs is that some of them are lame and it kinda blows when they show up. This is is not shot at the Civ Gold squad or anything, I can appreciate how much effort and care goes into something like that, or you Tsentom, but its just a personal preference. This way if you want a bunch of new civs you can add them all, if you don't and sometimes feel like playing as the Phoenicians its easy to add them without altering any files.

I am also in the process of learning how to make leaderheads. I am almost finished with my first one (Gustav Adolph of Sweden), I am also making a Charles V for the next version of my mod. And I plan on making two more, I don't know why I like doing things in fours. But I figure if I make a bunch at once I'll get so used to making them that I won't forget how to do it.

I know this all seems like a lot, and it kind of is, but I've just learned how to mod a bunch between making this modpack and learning how to do leaderheads, so while its still interesting and fun for me I might as well do as much as I can. Because I can get bored of things really easily.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback so if you guys could let me know what you think I should do or have any suggestions for me about what I have listed here that would be great.

Here are a few preview pics of my mexican module. The units are arranged with ancient units on the left, medieval in the middle, and industrial on the right. There are flavored modern units as well but I didn't add them to the picture for some reason.

I understand. I made the first version of my mod then decided to try to learn python (or at least the basics) so I could add unique wonders which then led to me just making a bunch of stuff. I never learned (tried several times) to make my own leaderheads. Couldn't do it, so if you get some out... very impressed.

I've just been thinking about Civs myself thinking about which I would add to the next version of my mod. The Philippines are kinda interesting and I'm probably going to add them next. I try to balance out geographically when I add civs. Sometimes time line wise too which led me to do Gran Colombia and the Kingdom of Kongo instead of the more modern Colombia and Congo.

Well the only reason I would do Gran Colombia is so I don't have to do too much work as far as units and city names and such go. I would make the leaders Simon Bolivar and Hugo Chavez if I went that route. I'm pretty lenient when it comes to historical accuracy, the game isn't very historically accurate so I don't feel like I should let that hold me back. That said I try to make it "realistic," in the sense that I won't have fantasy civs or leaders (although I do have Dido, and she may be a legend) in my games. So its kinda strange. I'm almost finished with Gustav Adolph, right now I just know very basic stuff, so I'm pretty much just chopping up other LHs and using their parts at this point. It is very difficult and frustrating though. But I should have a better Gustav Adolph LH for your Swedish Civ ready very soon!

Top Bottom