[BTS] The History of Three Kingdoms

Awesome. Please be our lawyer.:lol: RtKHeaven is not indexed by google, so please give us another example.

Still, you said 'unless KOEI has come to you', so it means even our action is legal, we still have to listen to the owner of the art (KOEI) if they want us to remove the art?

Let me ask Gun Urra just in case: are you by any chance from KOEI?:D

Well no i dont work for Koei, lol.

What i meant about Koei not complaining to you, is that they wont complain to you at all. You are not doing anything illegal by using those pictures, you are re-distributing them for a fee or claiming copy right on them or anything. So even if you got a email from someone high up at Koei telling you to stop using artwork that was featured in one of there games, you would have no legal obligation to agree to them.

Koei will not mind regardless, there mission statement about the Dynasty Warriors/Three Kingdoms games is that they want the west to learn more about Chinese history, and since your helping them with that, i think they'll thank you if anything. :goodjob:

btw i found another website that has alot of the game resources available for download.

http://kongming.net/

http://kongming.net/avatars/#rtk9

not to mention raising awareness about the Dynasty Warriors games will do nothing except help KOEI, and help you make your game more flashy ;)

I agree though... honestly I'd be surprised if they even found out about it, and if they did, would probably appreciate your work.

...has the modified power of America in RFC: people will "flood to the gates of" a certain city from the countryside. I.e. your population will grow not at the expense of another civ.
Again, befriending all the major players like Cao Cao, Sun Ce and at least not angering Yuan Shao made sure I played a peaceful game after vassalizing Ma Teng, Han Sui and Dong Zhuo--after all, my shrine's called The Essential Art of Peace. Only flipped 1 city from Liu Zhang though...

Interesting game: Yan Baihu built the Temple of Abdication and Cao Cao is losing a war to Yuan Shao who almost got crowned the new emperor (850 votes).

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0354.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0354.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 757
  • Civ4ScreenShot0355.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0355.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 694
Just wondering how the progress is going for the next release. I can't wait for the hero system. :D So just wondering

What i meant about Koei not complaining to you, is that they wont complain to you at all. You are not doing anything illegal by using those pictures, you are re-distributing them for a fee or claiming copy right on them or anything. So even if you got a email from someone high up at Koei telling you to stop using artwork that was featured in one of there games, you would have no legal obligation to agree to them.

Koei will not mind regardless, there mission statement about the Dynasty Warriors/Three Kingdoms games is that they want the west to learn more about Chinese history, and since your helping them with that, i think they'll thank you if anything. :goodjob:

btw i found another website that has alot of the game resources available for download.

http://kongming.net/

http://kongming.net/avatars/#rtk9

Oh, my.

You saved us incredible amount of time.:goodjob:

not to mention raising awareness about the Dynasty Warriors games will do nothing except help KOEI, and help you make your game more flashy ;)

I agree though... honestly I'd be surprised if they even found out about it, and if they did, would probably appreciate your work.

No, they know. We told them.:lol:

Just wondering how the progress is going for the next release. I can't wait for the hero system. :D So just wondering

You know the Spring Festival? It started from late January. The guy who make interface art is yet to return from holiday. :mad:

I'll give you a number: how about 80 new promotions, half of which allows you to interact with the game in brand new way?

We are trying hard to keep up with the plan. Just hang on for a week.

I've always wondered who was building the Terracotta Army besides me (which I have so far been able to build first every time by assigning the most productive city to do it at the beginning): it's got to be Kong Rong who has one of the few stones around. In fact, if played correctly, you can beat Cao Cao to most of the stone-based wonders (like Stone-Sentinel Maze, Chancellor Mansion--it's only appropriate since Kong Rong was one of the 7 Jian'an poets and I built both the Chancellor Mansion and Royal Hunting Field which need Jian'an Literature). Since you have only 3 cities max to start with (Ju is always built by the computer west of the river which is a mistake), you have to rely on great people, so I used meritocracy for a long time.
Spoiler :

The only problem is that you need 3 more cities for the regional governments. The only logical solution other than Liu Bei (who was very nice to me like Cao Cao and both signed defensive pacts with me, which is a first since I've started playing this mod) is Gongsun Du who at the beginning has nothing but archers, and Kong Rong can get 2 irons with the appropriate cultural expansion. I even researched Laws of Wei to see if he'll capitulate, but no, so we made peace and he vassalized to Cao Cao, ensuring my peace. So my mini Liaodong empire was formed:
Spoiler :

My lowest score so far, but hey, it's a win, and I flipped a total of 4 cities (1 from Cao, 2 from Liu Bei and 1 from Yuan Shao)--that's a record. :lol:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0356.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0356.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 690
  • Civ4ScreenShot0358.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0358.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 652
Well made mod, but after playing for so long with blue marble terrain on, vanilla civ4 terrain seriously hurts, a shame you can't activate it with this mod.

Well made mod, but after playing for so long with blue marble terrain on, vanilla civ4 terrain seriously hurts, a shame you can't activate it with this mod.

in BTS/Mods/Sanguo Mod, there's a file named Sanguo Mod.ini

open it with notepad, and change NoCustomArt = 1 to = 0

check to see if it works

Isolation is suicide in Civ. I converted to Revival as soon as I can and basically befriended Liu Bei, who unfortunately was Cao Cao's enemy and I eventually had to betray our friendship. Declaring on Bai Bo and Lu Bu as soon as possible, opening borders with Cao Cao and giving him an extra resource basically ensured that Cao Cao would be nice to me.

Spoiler :

Having just played Kong Rong who starts with 2 measly warriors, and noting that I have 2 axemen AND a floor galley in Dong Lai, I conquered Kong Rong in no time and built my empire in Liaodong. Yuan Shao was very uncharacteristically kind to me and gave me Military Advisor because I declared war on Gongsun Zan (and eventually partitioned his empire between me and him). BUT he went crazy and later on sent 3 big stacks and conquered my Liao Xi. I was just barely able to get peace and I couldn't but gloat when Cao Cao (my lord in history) declared on him and captured Ye and 3 other cities in rapid succession. At the very last turn I was able to break the peace treaty and win back Liao Xi. :goodjob:

Spoiler :

I was able to build a lot of wonders: Icy Fort was key to develop the Liaodong province quickly), Temple of the Marquis of Wu, Summer Palace, Yellow Crane Tower, Tomb of Hua Tuo, Silk Road on the Sea.

I never knew Guangling Melody could be so cultural (probably even more if all cities are converted to Hermit).

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0361.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0361.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 586
  • Civ4ScreenShot0359.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0359.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 614
No, they know. We told them.

So you do have permission from KOEI?
I'm not from KOEI. I'd be very surprised if KOEI would let you redistribute their artwork freely. I guess there's only one way to tell, and that's by asking them.

In fact, I've already told KOEI about this mod's things. No reply yet. If as Dave said this mod's not doing anything illegal by using those pictures, I think that we could use them unless KOEI forbids me. But they haven't given me any negative replies.

My personal opinion on the issue is that now the mod is not infringing any laws, KOEI does not forbid it, and I don't think the pictures will offer any alternatives to people purchasing the game, so I can use them.

Since that you seem to be very familiar with KOEI's attitude on modding, if you could help me contact KOEI to give me a definite answer, I'd really appreciate it.

well the creator(s) of this mod could add it. Its actually really really easy, I did it in my mod. All you have to do is download and install BlueMarble, textures only. Go find where it put the new files, copy them and put it inside of your mod. You don't even have to touch a single line of XML, just copy and paste the textures into the correct folders.

I know the team is still working on it and won't release it soon, and I haven't even played the mod once yet, but let me make a suggestion about heroes: namely, to make heroes resurrectable but with increasing cost.

In FFH people love heroes. But people don't like it when their heroes die (even losing >99.9% battles!). There is a spell to resurrect civilisations-specific heores, but not religious heroes. And the spell is moderately hard to obtain.

I am sure most of the people have played Warcraft 3. When the heroes die, they can be rebuilt, albeit with increasing time. This can be implemented in this mod; when a hero is defeated in combat, it can be rebuilt by :hammers:, but each time this particular hero is defeated, the cost goes up (perhaps exponentially?).

I think people don't like when their strong heroes die and there is no way to bring them back. If this is the team already has in mind, all is well.

Liu Biao will give you stuff in the beginning but it's a poison pill--you can't declare war on anybody and eventually Cao Cao will eat you alive. So when Liu Biao demanded my horse, I declared war on him and I had already sent my 2 swift riders to--where else, Qu Cheng and Bei Hai (where Kong Rong has 2 warriors and a private guard on duty). Declared on Bai Bo and since I'm already in Unification, Cao is pleased/friendly with me. The only other war was with Dong Zhuo and after I captured one of his cities, we made peace. He kept sending spies to sabotage my farms and windmills...so annoying.

I had the 2nd largest empire but this is only my 3rd lowest score so far, probably because of the lack of war. This is one of those games when I was ready to wring my hair out with Cao Cao beating me to almost every wonder (even though I had stone), but in the end, I even flipped Xiangyang and the great Xu Chang was 45% mine culturally. My lands were a neutral bridge between the warmongers (Ma Teng and his vassal Dong Zhuo, Cao Cao and Yuan Shao)...I think people were revolting to me because of my peaceful ways. :lol:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0362.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0362.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 543
  • Civ4ScreenShot0364.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0364.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 556
This is one of the better mods I've seen, and I was quite pleased with it.

However, the map could stand to be built up a little more. Maybe this is just because I'm a history nerd, but I know China was heavily populated at this time (as far as the ancient world is concerned) and it's a little unnerving to start the game by building your cities on an otherwise empty map. Are there any plans in the future to fill the map with historically accurate cities under the various factions, so that you start with a few developed cities and some units from the beginning?

@HanWuDi
Choose play a scenario and the first map that comes up will give you the situation in 196 AD (which is what I've been playing this past month).

I know the team is still working on it and won't release it soon, and I haven't even played the mod once yet, but let me make a suggestion about heroes: namely, to make heroes resurrectable but with increasing cost.

In FFH people love heroes. But people don't like it when their heroes die (even losing >99.9% battles!). There is a spell to resurrect civilisations-specific heores, but not religious heroes. And the spell is moderately hard to obtain.

I am sure most of the people have played Warcraft 3. When the heroes die, they can be rebuilt, albeit with increasing time. This can be implemented in this mod; when a hero is defeated in combat, it can be rebuilt by :hammers:, but each time this particular hero is defeated, the cost goes up (perhaps exponentially?).

I think people don't like when their strong heroes die and there is no way to bring them back. If this is the team already has in mind, all is well.

Good idea in general, but, eh, are you serious, spells? Our heroes won't die (if you choose not let them ), or at least won't die in the way that you have imagined. They don't fight alone, they lead.

My lowest score so far and no cities flipped, but it's doable. The tricks are:

1. Befriend Sun Ce at all costs. For some reason he has a -5 modifier with you. He starts with Unification but you have Division, but he has the shrine for Division. So use a spy and convert him. I got REALLY lucky in that Ma Teng became a vassal of Sun Ce and together they declared war on Dong Zhuo, who's so far away that I declared on them and never made peace! (despite 3 votes to stop the war) This of course made Sun Ce happy with me. Then I gave him some pearls and switched to some of his civics. Even got him to sign a peace treaty with me for 1 dollar.

2. No world wonders at all since your lands aren't good enough. But since you are industrious, build those workshops and forges and then national wonders.

3. Yan Baihu must die. Your third city in the south isn't good enough for production, whereas Wu Sheng is a good city if expanded fully. Use the iron south of Wu Shang ASAP. Then you need 3-4 more cities south of the mountains which block access to some good land (no resources but you need at least 6 cities for the 3 regional governments)--build a floor galley early and send settlers there. Conquering the little island on the bottom right is good because it'll give you 2 pearls (no one else has them).

4. Essential early techs: fishing, anesthesia (chop jungles), military techs (for conquering Yan Baihu), blades (turn up the cultural dial early). The rest doesn't really matter.

It could be said that I had the true title of being the ruler of Wu since most of my cities start with Wu. :p
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0365.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0365.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 540
  • Civ4ScreenShot0367.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0367.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 485
AnotherPacifist, could you please restrict yourself to using thumbnails? Your large images are making the thread quite unreadable.

Top Bottom