Platyping's Python

Hard to "teleport" 1 unit from 1 channel to another.

Of course it is possible to just do a check every turn and teleport all units in X to Y and vice versa. But the thing is, some units may not wish to go to Y lol.

I seen Rhye and Fall separate different segments of the map so that you can say these 2 are different continents. But dont think possible in normal BTS because RnF maps are fixed

How about trade routes and diplo plus to the two civs that have it? Assuming thats python since in xml u cant dictate that its only civs with the building

Well, diplo plus is already done by Taipei101. The only difference would be this will only affect the 2 civs.

Question, porcelain tower looks popular enough, and is a wonder in Civ V.

But the thing is, what is the purpose of the tower?
In Civ V, it is obviously for science.
In wiki, they mentioned that rebels destroyed it to prevent usage as look out tower. So possibly anti-espionage.
But look wise, it looks more like a pagoda so perhaps religious.

Any ideas?

Edit:
As for channel tunnel, I may be able to adjust route value so units move faster on railroads n roads

Well, diplo plus is already done by Taipei101. The only difference would be this will only affect the 2 civs.

Question, porcelain tower looks popular enough, and is a wonder in Civ V.

But the thing is, what is the purpose of the tower?
In Civ V, it is obviously for science.
In wiki, they mentioned that rebels destroyed it to prevent usage as look out tower. So possibly anti-espionage.
But look wise, it looks more like a pagoda so perhaps religious.

Any ideas?

my expertise is modern so... but my opinion if its religious, either more espionage versus ppl with same religion or with diff religions

Have some ideas in mind but no suitable wonder to attached to lol

1) Sort of a look out tower. Grants x visibility radius, able to see subs and stealth destroyers. Can attach to 1 of the airports but none of them looks commercial enough lol

2) Defensive castle. Units attacking the city gets injured. Civ V style

3) Increases yield of improvements, possibly extra gold to villages or towns? extra food for fishing boats etc

Have some ideas in mind but no suitable wonder to attached to lol

1) Sort of a look out tower. Grants x visibility radius, able to see subs and stealth destroyers. Can attach to 1 of the airports but none of them looks commercial enough lol

2) Defensive castle. Units attacking the city gets injured. Civ V style

3) Increases yield of improvements, possibly extra gold to villages or towns? extra food for fishing boats etc

First two i love! i had ideas for both of these and was gonna suggest em down the line.

1) a radar tower, i have it somewere if u cant find it, but its on the web, i wouldnt make it a wonder tho, probably a building maybe national wonder? but id love to see that!

2) babeed wire! theres art for it its a perfect description

1) Buffed Cyrus from 25% GG Rate to 50% GG Rate. (@Cybah, any % works because the system does award same GG points as Exp earned. Even 10% will work if a unit gain 10 exp in a tough battle)

2) Olympics permanent bonus changed from 1 trade route to 1 base commerce. Thus, can stack forever and won't interfere with any other things.

3) Fixed typo error in Olympics code that prevents Olympics from ending.
Spoiler :

Should be:
Code:
if iGameTurn % 25 ==5:

rather than:
Code:
if iGameTurn % 5 ==5:

4) Fixed logic error in Treaty of Versailles
Spoiler :

AI was building it when num of military units > 2 * Rival's
In other words, AI was building it when it has more units, a winning war.
Changed to 2 * num of military units < Rival's
Thus, AI will build it when it has less units, a losing war

5) Fixed Taipei 101 python Typo Error:
Spoiler :

Because it was a cut and paste wonder from Lotus,
I actually forgot to change the variable "BUILDING_LOTUS" to "BUILDING_TAIPEI_101" under def onBuildingBuilt

6) Widens Apadana Palace check from just checking Capital to nation wide, in case the capital was captured, and apadana ends up in a normal city of the opponent

7) Fixed a typo in Text File of Swords of Qadisiyah
Spoiler :

Changed from "Chance of Interception Nukes" to "Chance of Intercepting Nukes"

And now a National Wonder:

Cloning Factory
Spoiler :

Clones a unit, literally.
Lucky => Great person, high experience unit
Unlucky => May be just a spy or worker lol
Worse => Cloning Failed

Note:
If a land unit in a transport is cloned, if the transport has space, or there are other transports, it will spawn on the spot. Else, it will spawn on nearby land plot

White House
Spoiler :

Losing War is defined as a war where number of military units of rival is twice as many as yours.
This 5% chance peace is per rival:
If you are warring with 5 civs, but only Babylon has twice more troops than you:
5% chance to peace with Babylon
0% chance to peace with others

+1 Relationship to Babylon and vice versa when peace is enforced.

Artwork by Rabbit, White

Remade Enhanced Original Traits:

1) Fixed alot of python exceptions since that was my first attempt:blush:
2) Used more efficient codes after gaining some experience making wonders:king:
3) Replace 1 trade route bonus of Financial Trait with 10% commerce. (1 Less Dummy Tech, less interference with future buildings giving Trade route bonus as well)
4) Uploaded to Database
5) Removed -50% hurry anger bonus for Charismatic Traits

Thank you for supporting

Coming Soon: CN Tower

For the White House, you should use getPower() instead of getNumMilitaryUnits().

Thanks for appreciating.

@Cybah Good suggestion using power score. Although it may be more accurate, because I still not too sure of the mechanics behind power score, so temporarily just using num of military units as a gauge.

@dacubz145 Nope, I will not make normal python buildings. Each line of python code requires processing time, no matter how negligible. In a huge map, there will be more than 100 cities, which means potentially 100 of that particular building. Even if the python code for that is just 1 line, that is more taxing on performance compared to a world wonder with 5 similar lines.

CN Tower
Spoiler :

Actually, the most suitable wonder for this benefit is the Great Lighthouse. Because the main benefit is the ability to see submarines from far, I thought of setting it as a coastal wonder, which is however, not accurate for CN Tower. Oh well, at least you enjoy vision even if built inland.

I did not include ability to see stealth destroyer, since stealth is far more high tech compared to mass media

Another wonderful artwork by Rabbit, White

Cure for Cancer
Spoiler :

Saw this benefit it ROM/AND mod, which I think is pretty suitable for CFC. However, it was achieved via extra XML tags in project XML, so I decided to do a python version for us without the extra tags.

Everything you build or research with iPower > 0 will increase getPower(). That's the same the BUG scoreboard uses for power ratio calculations. Should be no problem.

Hmm I see, any suggestion how much higher will you consider it as losing war?
25% higher? 50%?

Bolshoi
Spoiler :

Extra culture are even shown in the tooltips

Edit:
Updated codes for following wonders for better accuracy due to getNumCities code:
Cure for Cancer, Dissolution of Monastries, Knossos, Olympics, Pha That Luang, WTC

Hm I would do: 5% Odds for -33% or less Power or 10% Odds for -50% or less Power.

1) Use powerscore to define losing war rather than nummilitary units for Treaty of Versailles and White House.
White House Changes:
Rival > 125% of Player => 5%
Rival > 150% of Player => 10%

2) Replace Cloning Factory with Human Genome Project. That "Cloning Factory" name just doesn't sound "wonderous" so got rid of it.

Human Genome Project
Spoiler :

Area 51
Spoiler :

Meant to be porcelain tower, but the more I read, porcelain tower is definitely meant to be just a buddhist pagoda, a religious wonder. So this benefit doesn't suit it at all. Can't find any other espionage looking wonder so finally decide to use Area 51...

If it is captured, full amount of player's EP is transferred over to the conquerer, so build at your own risk. Liberation doesn't trigger this.

Porcelain Tower
Spoiler :

The old oracle. Don't ask me why it obsoletes with Computers. It's a trend

Artwork by Hrochland

yeah lol, but only EP against the conquerer is transferred, EP against others AI remain. You wanna build a secret base, you have to be prepared to protect the secrets:devil:

Oh well, even if the rival conquered it, EP is transferred over, but if you conquer it back, you snatch your EP plus his EP back, not a bad deal lol

for the theory of revolution, id say you should put something with great scientists versus great profets, since i dont think 20% effects that much, sonce great people arent that common, maybe something like for every great prophet you have they are replaced by two great scientists, or something similar

1) Removed redundant barbarian check for various wonders since MAX_CIV_PLAYERS was used anyway.
SETI, Lotus, Olympics, Treaty of Versailles, Zizkov

2) SETI converted to Project, shouldn't be a building in the first place.
No msg displayed when "nothing happens" for SETI
Fixed Great Wall logic error for "Assault". It was checking owner rather than rival

Theory of Evolution
Spoiler :

Just a simple one. Actually the thing I wanna do is give a 3rd trait, but doesn't seem possible with python, so oh well...

Top Bottom