Platy World Builder

I have an idea for making the enter field non-compulsory but I need to know a little of what is going on, I can get a vague idea from the code itself but I need some specifics about enter if I can't find it! Like where is a push from enter handled and what code actually happens when it is? Is there any sort of exception thrown (other than "Unidentifiable C++ exception" which is fine anyway but I can't specify it :p) and what code is called to signify a popup has been opened?

Oooo have you seen the CvWBPopups.py that is in the Vanilla Python/pyWB/ folder? It hasn't been changed since vanilla but I don't really know what it does in the grand scheme of things. It has a CityEditPopup in it...

edit: actually if there is an exception can I have it? if there is no exception then I can't do anything :(

1) Tried adding Game Turn and Max Turns, but no idea whats they are supposed to do...

Game Turn adjusts the current turn to X, which actually works.
But then, even if I adjust it to just few turns before Max Turns, (Year 2050) game does not end when it reaches Year 2050. In fact, it goes on to 2051...

Max Turns just as weird.
Reducing it dramatically does show the X turns to game end countdown.
But game continues after countdown ends...

In short, both of the functions work, but no idea what they are supposed to do.
So end up removing them... leaving just the Start Year function.

2) Game Script

3) Global Defines
All those global defines, like Max Animal Combat XP, XP from Withdrawal etc
Actually not all, just most.
List hardcoded into python, since there doesn't seem to be a better choice that I know of.
Thus, if there are some global defines which you think is necessary but I did not include, let me know.
Sorted in alphabetic order.
Range is -10000 to 10000 for all of them, so may end up being weird if you adjust stupid values for certain ones, like -100 for CIRCUMNAVIGATE_FREE_MOVES.

4) Pressing "Escape" closes current screen.

@Jamie
No idea :D
Not a big issue to me so can't be bothered to explore either.

Hi Great Engineer!

French translations updated.

Cheers.

Thanks, actually was thinking of converting the Diplomacy page to one where you can have an overview of all players rather than just one to one.

But somehow, those using "dropdowns" will be misaligned which... looks pretty disgusting to me.

This screenshot is just a beta version anyway.
One page that shows all the general info like vassals, open borders, war status,
the other for attitude, espionage, counter espionage etc.

Bigger, Comprehensive Diplomacy Screen

Previous Diplomacy Screen was a 1 to 1 screen, so I decided to do a all in 1 screen version to see how it goes.

Features:
Column 1:
Again, row 1 shows the current player, and you can choose who the current player is.
For the rest, X means met.

Column 2:
Row 1 decides current page. This is general info page.
The rest: Vassal Status

Column 3, 4, 5, 6
Same as previously.
Added permanent war status feature. Good for scenarios.
Commands available:
Enable All, Clear All

Attitude Page, nothing new

Espionage Page
Added new feature: Espionage Spending Weight
C.Esp simply stands for Counter Espionage, too long
The last 2 buttons alter between All players towards current player, or current player towards all players.

More or less a beta version for the design, but should be in working condition.

Just a simple modification to 2 python files.
Nothing to do with dll, shouldnt have any conflict

It's getting better and better! :goodjob:

Spoiler :
Nitpicking: on the third screen of your post #88, you have drop-down menus but there is only 1 item.

Weekly update of French translations included!

Cheers. :)

I know.
Because using label style(Like religion, corporation, project screen) look bad when they are very close to each other. (Like no spacing)

Using button style like "Add Script" and those opening new screens like "Buildings", "Wonders" take too much space also, due to the extra spacing before and after.

Thus, drop down version look best.

1) Added Trigger Event function to Plot Data.
Added Event Other Player and Event Unit as well for certain events to function.
Notes:
Events will not trigger unless it is possible.
Example:
It is easier to let a pig fly than trying to trigger forest fire on a plot without forest.
Same with events that require other player when none is selected like wedding events.

2) Added Latitude Info just to fill up the space.
Only useful to let you know if city can build certain buildings with that pre-requisitie.

P.S.
Didn't bother to test all 100+ events so some might still not work...

Refer to screenshot of plot data above.

Latitdue: X
Culture:
Selected Player
Culture Value

blah blah blah

You can adjust culture value of any player of that plot

Thanks Daft :D

New Features:
1) Added ID to player and team tags. The one in ().

2) Guaranteed Eligibility for votes.
You know, if you are the builder, you are guaranteed eligibile of that vote.
Handles up to 3 vote types automatically. Didn't bother to adjust codes to handle unlimited vote types, since I doubt there are any mods that mess with votes anyway.

3) Enemy War Weariness
Zeus wonder feature

4) Tech Share + Known Civs Required
Internet feature
For Internet, it will be 2 known civs
So if it is enabled for 3 known civs, then you get free techs whenever a tech is researched by any 3 civs known to you.

1) Current Production and Progress
P.S. Selecting a Wonder when another city is building it will have no effect.
Clears queue order.

2) Modify Buildings:
The art of cheating...
Modify such that a granary in this city grants +100 Food, +100 Production and +100 Culture if you like.
Did not include happiness and health as those 2 are simply buggy...
Those 2 functions grant the modified bonus even if building not present, so excluded.

3) Food...
Just to fill the gap.

1) Can access Team Data page directly from here as well.
2) Added Gold Commerce Slider, although by default BTS it is never shown.
3) Rewrote State Religion code, you can now change SR anytime you want, 10 times in same turn also not an issue, without triggering anarchy too.

P.S.
Have been playing around with Dummy Techs to see what new features can be added.
Results are successful, can add Worker Speed Modifier, Feature Production Modifier for instance.
However, because those are dummy techs, they apply to whole team, so... still deciding whether to add them in since by right these are supposed to be player features, not team features.
But in BTS, all these are actually team features anyway, since the only way you modify them are using Techs, or Wonders which apply to whole Team...
So open to suggestions if you want them :D

Edit:
Attached is a trial version with Worker Speed Modifier added to Player Page.
Didn't bother to adjust the screen, but the function works as intended, except it is applied to whole team.

Top Bottom