Platy's Peculiar Pleasant Posh Python

Same as it has always been in BTS? Go to Game Details, activate and press Ctrl Z

heya platy buddy,

thanks, the ctrl z worked :)
could it be possible to set for civ to run always with this option checked?

anyway,
i wonder if i may i ask a favor again, i know your not so much modding these days...
could you add to the depletion mod , the ability to re spawn resources that are defined back on the map according to their bonus info in some logic?
i really wanna use the depletion mod, but i need a re appearing of the recourse on the map randomized (sorta).

could you do spare the time for this ? :) please? :)

I suggest you just use the XML tags like how mines work

could you add to the depletion mod , the ability to re spawn resources that are defined back on the map according to their bonus info in some logic?
i really wanna use the depletion mod, but i need a re appearing of the recourse on the map randomized (sorta).

Why do you want to use the depletion mod? Unless it has changed recently it is completely random.

It does not consider if the city is working a tile with that resource or not.

In fact it was possible on turn two of a game to lose resources, before you have the tech that allows you to use them.

A good concept, but!

Hey guys,

Well, indeed i used the way mines discover resources, the idiscoverrand, ye its nice, but, it means, that you have to build an improvement to discover a new resource.

I wish for resources, to re appear on the same spot or near it, after x time or turns.
Not depending on the improvement on that spot.

I wish to use the deplition mod since it offers a system that exhusting a resource upon city use.

Any suggestions?

Why do you want to use the depletion mod? Unless it has changed recently it is completely random.

It does not consider if the city is working a tile with that resource or not.

In fact it was possible on turn two of a game to lose resources, before you have the tech that allows you to use them.

A good concept, but!

Resources depleted only when worked.

Well, if all the defined bonus, is being worked, after a whike, it will be depleited yes, so, after that time, the speciphic resource wont be on the map anymore... Eliminating its presence on the map. I wish re appearnce on the map, not neccesary on their previous place with discoverrand in the improvement spod.

Random popping of resource on the map. Sort of the opposite to the deplition mod:)

ok,
new suggestion,
instead of dealing with depletion and reappearing,

can you make a code that uses features?
ill explain - all is needed is to be able to define a certain feature, that when worked, provides a certain bonus. thats all :)
with the iappearnce, and idisssapearnce, alone with the growth tag, it will aloow the desired effect of reappearing and disappearing resources :)

could ya? :)

I don't intend to mod anything new, just maintaining existing ones.
It is time to let others experiment to learn how to mod since I won't be around forever.

Hi Platy if you are still around.

With Platypedia is it possible to change the number of columns on a given page/screen.

I used to be able to do this with the old Pedia cod, but I am struggling to find any refence to numbers of columns in your code.

Does it use some kind of auto scaling tables or some other explanation, or have I just not located the right reference?

NEVERMIND:

I sort of figured it out with a rather ugly solution in PlatyPediaMain.py by searching for columns and locking the max at 3.

I tried using your TechChooser screen in C2C with humorous results. The each tech box is over two pages wide! Might I suggest you have a maximum width for the tech box so that at least 3 can be seen on the screen.

I have been trying to get all the techs to appear on one vertical page but no matter what I do with BOX_Y_SPACING I can't change the vertical space between the lines of techs. Trying BOX_Y_SPACING=1 made a small difference but it is still way too big.

Not sure if you are talking about the standalone or UUUU's.
Standalone may not be as updated, didn't bother to check.

BOX_WIDTH scales automatically with max items allowed by a tech (buildings, improvements, units etc). I noticed there isn't a check on dummy techs, which I guess it is possible C2C has a dummy tech which allows too many items, resulting in super wide box.

BOX_Y_SPACING isn't the actual vertical spacing between box.
The actual vertical spacing scales with the screen resolution, such that it tries to place all boxes vertically in just one page. BOX_Y_SPACING sets the minimum spacing width.

Edit: Reuploaded UUUU with the checks for dummy techs.

Was from the latest UUU not stand alone. We have some techs that obsolete 500 buildings, that is why the BOX_WIDTH is so big.

The techs will fit on one vertical page if there is only 3 pixels between vertically.

edit I thought it may help to post some images.

The C2C tech ecreen page 1
1. as it is in C2C
2. using the Platy Tech screen with just the background replaced
3 and 4. After I added in and coded a maximum effects per box​

As you can see 3 & 4 are close to the original in the horizontal axis but different vertically

edit 2 and so I find a solution by changing the calculation of BOX_Y_SPACING from max to min

Attachments

• old tech page 1.jpg
    old tech page 1.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Plat_1.jpg
    Plat_1.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Platy_2a.jpg
    Platy_2a.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Platy_2b.jpg
    Platy_2b.jpg