Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't believe you guys let this thread slip so far down the page :shakehead

Even more Saddam pictures, further to those released today:

Attachments

• motherofalltrials.jpg
    motherofalltrials.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 440
Those are excellent, Ram. Keep them coming :)

Aphex_Twin said:
Those are excellent, Ram. Keep them coming :)
Thanks, good to know I'm not just posting them up for my own good :).

Monsieur Chirac. (Again, I don't subscribe to the views of all the cartoon I post, they are just for interest.)

Attachments

• chirachussein.gif
    chirachussein.gif
    27 KB · Views: 446

Very true indeed

Some oldies but goodies :). Further info beneath.

Dr. Seuss aka Theodor Seuss Geisel

Dr. Seuss (Theodor Seuss Geisel, 1904-1991) was a life-long cartoonist: in high school in Springfield, Massachusetts; in college at Dartmouth (Class of 1925); as an adman in New York City before World War II; in his many children's books, beginning with To Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street (1937). Because of the fame of his children's books (and because we often misunderstand these books) and because his political cartoons have remained largely unknown, we do not think of Dr. Seuss as a political cartoonist. But for two years, 1941-1943, he was the chief editorial cartoonist for the New York newspaper PM (1940-1948), and for that journal he drew over 400 editorial cartoons.

The Dr. Seuss Collection in the Mandeville Special Collections Library at the University of California, San Diego, contains the original drawings and/or newspaper clippings of all of these cartoons. This website makes these cartoons available to all internet users. The cartoons have been scanned from the original newspaper clippings in the UCSD collection.

Dr. Seuss Goes to War by historian Richard H. Minear (The New Press, 1999) reproduced some two hundred of the PM cartoons. That means that two hundred of the cartoons available here have received no airing or study since their original appearance in PM. The cartoons Dr. Seuss published in other journals are even less known; there is no mention of them in Dr. Seuss Goes to War. Dr. Seuss also drew a set of war bonds "cartoons" which appeared in many newspapers as well as in PM. They are the [above]:
Full catalogue here > Theodor Seuss Geisel

"We do not think of Dr. Seuss as a political cartoonist. But for two years, 1941-1943, he was the chief editorial cartoonist for the New York newspaper PM (1940-1948), and for that journal he drew over 400 editorial cartoons."

Attachments

• redtape.jpg
    redtape.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 420

This one is just too funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom