great job guys - two disk 1's, no disk 2.

Monoment said:
My "Play" and "Install" disks are both mislabled - the "Play" disk is the "Install" disk and vice versa. I bet Firaxis/Take2 is not really happy with the manufacturer right now at all.

yeah, I got the same thing too.

Hey! Hello! Hi!

I've got a problem: I've just came back from US after my long business trip. But am lucky to get a copy of the Civ4! However, now that i'm overseas, and i discover that i have 2 disc1, what could i do?

ChrisChua said:
Hey! Hello! Hi!

I've got a problem: I've just came back from US after my long business trip. But am lucky to get a copy of the Civ4! However, now that i'm overseas, and i discover that i have 2 disc1, what could i do?

If you got it retail, try to take it back for exchange as defective- they should do that, assuming they have more on hand.

dunno said:
One of my friends once bought his copy of CoH with no discs inside (from EB). He ended up just going back to EB and getting a new copy. Since it's out today, you can probably go to EB and just ask them to give you a new one since yours is technically "defective." Hope that helps. :)

I had a similar problem a few months ago. I bought a copy of Battlefield 2 from Wal-Mart and when I got home and opened it up, imagine my disappointment when I found Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for the PS2 in it. No one could figure out how the hell that got in there, since the two games aren't related in any respect. I took it back and the clerk told me he had 5 other customers with the same problem. Got my new copy and all was good. I got lucky, too. I originally bought the CD version of BF2, but they gave me the DVD version when I exchanged it. At that time, the DVD was $15 bucks more than the CD :) .

HounddogLGS said:
If you got it retail, try to take it back for exchange as defective- they should do that, assuming they have more on hand.

I think his problem is he bought it in the US, but didn't find the problem until he got home. Kinda hard to go back to the retailer if that's the case.

n003lb said:
I think his problem is he bought it in the US, but didn't find the problem until he got home. Kinda hard to go back to the retailer if that's the case.

YUP!!! Right O! I've just came back from a 2 week business trip from the US and now back in Australia. Good to be home after all being locked up in conference rooms for days. But once i was on the plane, i am happy not only because my trip was successful but i can have some time to peel open the Civ4 packaging. Great stuff to read and all but once home... i can't play or install.... and then.. HEY!... why is there 2 of the same disk?

So my situation is:
1) i can't/won't fly back to the US.
2) it wouldn't be worth it to send back my entire game to US.

So, who do i write to? Any suggestions to my problem? Thanks guys...

I ended up getting just mislabeled discs. My Disc one is Disc1/install,and disc two is disc2/play. But REALLY,its Disc1/install/play, Disc2/extra files or something

maybe you could use emule or another service to download the disc you need to install and play. This is not piracy since you paid for the game and should have the right to actually do that.

OMG- the ppl at the packaging plant should get there arses reamed for this.. Someone must of had a long night of binge drinking before going into work..Unbelievable.

If got this problem, call up the store you got it from. Chances are, you're not the only one that had that problem with version from that store (it seemed to have been a bad batch that was sent to my store). Since it is a defective product, they should swap it for you. They were out of the Special Editions at the store I was at, but the fellow there was nice enough to just pull the Play disc out of a normal edition and then do a normal exchange, leaving me with my original special edition, but with the proper discs. Ironically, I discovered that even after the switcheroo, I still need to use Disc 1 to play the game :)

My disk 2 was defective. When I returned mine to EB Games, the manager
said it was a known problem and that all the bonus editions picked up at
her store had the same problem. When you get yours, look for crescent
moon shaped melted spot on the rim. (The diameter is about 1/8 to 3/16th
of an inch.

Of course EBGames did not have any bonus editions left so at first they
told me my only option was to return my bonus edition and get a regular
one. However, when I suggested that I would just buy the regular
edition and swap the dics myself and then return the regular edition with the
bad one from my bonus one, she allowed me to just swap the discs.

Hope this helps.

um .... i have only one disk .... and it only came with one .....

whats on the other one?

You must have a DVD release, Euro version Mybe? Otherwise I don't no what could've happend except that you got ripped off

Well, I didn't care to buy the expansion, but Firaxis is going to sue the distributor.

Yeah, Jehangir it's a DVD version. I've got one too.

AKauhanen said:
Heh, What a fiasco this has turned out to be.

Well, think on the bright side: At least yet no one's game is in an unreadable foreign language.
There is a language choice in the options menu.

Top Bottom