Too advanced??

subanark

Warlord
I was playing a large epic game on Oasis, and somehow despite the fact that noone would trade with me because I was "too advanced" Gandhi was able to get every tech I had and 8 others. Despite being my best friend he wouldn't trade any of them (even the two that all other civs had) because I was too advanced. Also every time I discovered a tech I found he must have reasearched at the same time I did or something :crazyeye:. Despite being second (I barely had a score lead over him) he never build a single spaceship part.

Most of the other civs were missing 5 techs I had, while they had 2 techs I didn't (Didn't bother to get them at all). So yes it is possible that the AI thought I was "advanced" (even though Gandhi was ivory tower). Though its quite fustrating :mad: when none of the civs will trade a tech that everyone but I know, I couldn't get it from them even when I demanded peace, and could have squished them easily.

It seems that every game I play Gandhi is either a push over or dominating (same with civ 3).

My money on Ghandi had a spy amongst you, if thats how they work in this one.........

or he built encyclopedia , its not a building ... its a team project .. and he can then aquire all your tech for free.

or he built encyclopedia , its not a building ... its a team project .. and he can then aquire all your tech for free.

The Internet actually, and I'm pretty sure it's a World Project - only one civ can build it.

That's right. Only one civ can build it. It has nifty effects though. :)

You hit the trade caps. Obviously Gandhi wasn't friendly with you, or he'd have been willing to trade techs (it bypasses the trade cap). Otherwise you only get a fixed amount of trades known to the AI before it won't trade w/ you anymore, though there's a small chance they forget a trade each turn (aka more skewing in favor of slow speeds).

Top Bottom