Large Scale Mod

I love the mod (using the v9 version from the in-game browser), however, it doesn't seem like the AI follows the restrictions. I've attached an image of the AI just settling in right next to me.

As you can see, in blue, the AI does go the requisite number of spaces from its own city, but not my city. *shakes fist at them*

Has anyone seen this behavior?

Edit: Also noticed this:

Edit: Okay, I think I figured it out. I loaded the game from the single player menu, bypassing the mods menu. The game loaded fine but the restrictions on the distance between cities did NOT load. When I load the game this way I am able to place a city 3 tiles from another. I did not think anything was wrong in the load of the game because I had the UI changes from another mod still intact. The game even had the tooltip changes for the Found City icon so that it said 4 tiles, but it still allowed me to click the button. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle ;)

Yes I've also seen this behavior that you showed/described in your screen shots. To be honest, the mod hasn't been updated since Oct 2010 (at least last time I saw, still V9 out), and there's been several patch's along with AI changes. I'm not sure if that would be the cause of it or not, I'm not a modder myself, but it seems the most logical conclusion.

However, it should be noted, I've stopped using the mod and played a few games, the AI seems to have now broken away from the 2 tile city spam, when using Thal's combined balance mods of course. The last map I played, from ancient to modern age, with 12 civs saw some decent city placement by the AI and not the insane city spam method. Just my two cents though.

so, the idea is great, but has some fatal flaws:
1) cities have 25% HP - a single barbarian unit can destroy you
2) prevents AI from settling at the start of the game. Especially on Yet (not) Another Earth Map - when playing as Babylon, Assyria and Persia were just standing dumb as settlers, not moving an inch.

edit: trying to activate mod AFTER every civ is settled results in a nasty freeze.

edit2 (if anyone is still updating this mod anyway):
- happiness doesn't add right (aka belief that adds 1 happiness per 2 believers doesn't work at all)
- trade routes seem too short now, barely get to closest cities

Top Bottom