Golden Ancient Forests mod

Rime

Chieftain
Hello everybody,

Recently I found a post referring to a Golden Ancient Forests mod by Vorgen. It linked to:

Golden Ancient Forest
Golden and Green Ancient Forest
Golden, Green and Orange Ancient Forest

The point of this mod is to make ancient forests look something like this, but the downloads are no longer avaliable. I wonder if anybody could re-upload them, or has a backup lying around somewhere?

While there is nothing wrong with spooky ancient forests model in the "classic" Fall from Heaven distributive, I do not like it because it disappears whenever I build a cottage on top of it, and besides, autumn forests are beautiful... Not to mention they go along nicely lore-wise with Song of Autumn religious wonder. Having your forests blaze with gold, orange and crimson as Fellowship of Leaves spreads would be nothing short of a miracle. :)

Trust me, the current Ancient forests are huge improvements over the ones you have found.
The old one (and it is a color variiation of old ancient forest) did not follow the terrain, so it was floating over hills and obscuring everything on surrounding tiles.
Also, it was visually removed by cottages and farms. But there is a small modmod that makes current ancient forests graphics visible.
It was posted in this subforum, but I do not know if it was updated to last FfH version.

I guess that explains why it is growing out of the sea, then.

As for the mod that makes current ancient forests graphics visible, could you please provide me with a name? I've tried to find it using the forum search, but had little luck.

You, sir, are a life-saver. /salute :D

And deserve the love and adoration of all elves, together with the person who made that mod. :goodjob:

Now that I think of it, the file was probably not updated. You will probably have some problems with cottage display.

If so, you need to edit current file.
To restore it, if you did not back it up, just re-apply patch a.
Then open the CIV4PlotLSystem.xml file (i.e. with notepad) and do automatic replacement of all:
bCutTrees:1
to:
bCutTrees:0

Should do the trick.

No worries, it was set to "bCutTrees:0" after I copied "CIV4PlotLSystem.xml" from the thread you linked to.

Now my lovely lands look like a forest with a town here and there instead of being a hellish suburbia with house upon house as far as the eye can see and beyond. :D

And boy does it make me one happy elf.

We sleep in the sleep of ages, the bleak, barbarian pines;
The gray moss drapes us like sages, and closer we lock our lines,
And deeper we clutch through the gelid gloom where never a sunbeam shines.

On the flanks of the storm-gored ridges are our black battalions massed;
We surge in a host to the sullen coast, and we sing in the ocean blast;
From empire of sea to empire of snow we grip our empire fast.

To the niggard lands were we driven, 'twixt desert and floes are we penned;
To us was the Northland given, ours to stronghold and defend;
Ours till the world be riven in the crash of the utter end;

Ours from the bleak beginning, through the aeons of death-like sleep;
Ours from the shock when the naked rock was hurled from the hissing deep;
Ours through the twilight ages of weary glacier creep...

And so on. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom