• I used it onetimes

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • sometimes

Votes: 83 83.8%
  • I use it every turn!!!!

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use the much improved, modified Civilopedia. I think it's called SevoPedia or something like that. It makes the pedia much easier to navigate. I need the pedia, though, or I tend to get a little lost about midgame.

I use the Civilopedia. Not for the game, but because I'm intersted in learning a bit about cultures such as Mali, which I know little of. Civilopedia gives me a summary.

To be honest, the Civilopedia is my favourite part of the game. I have read everything there and it provides a great insight to the many ancient civilisations of the world. I love culture. :D

:lol: I'm not sure civilopedia is a good source of history stuff.

The civilopedia offers a decent synopsis on a butt load of history. But yeah, it's definitely not reliable for a history paper.

Nevertheless, I still read it and I think it's well written. But I don't use it as much I had in Civilization III.

I occasionally use it when I want to look something up like what resources are needed for a unit

The Civilopedia is great, seeing as how I'm not about to remember every characteristic of every terrain feature, unit, civ, etc.

I haven't really read the historical stuff; I really should. I imagine I'd learn a lot of stuff from it, even if it's often best taken with a grain of salt (although life in our day and age typically requires a salt mine, anyway).

Sevopedia and the Unit Upgrade Chart mod are also real assets, even after Firaxis fixed that whole icon fiasco.

Probably the only thing I find that could use improvement/fixing would be the lack of more technical gameplay rules under the concepts listing; it's a bit aggravating when your search for something--perhaps, regarding how a specific part of diplomacy deal-making works--ends up futile.

But yeah, whether it's the Civilopedia from the old DOS game, the one in Call to Power (which even had fictional "historical" entries for all the future stuff), or even the Colonizopedia from (what else?) Colonization, I've always found the feature useful. Heck, I get driven crazy in Master of Magic, since it doesn't have any kind of "Magicalpedia," and I always end up needing/wanting to know something that such a feature would have information on.

Whenever I play any mod or scenario, I read the civilopedia thoroughly. In the main game, however, not so much.

Occasionally I want to take a quick look on tech requirements on things I don't build so often but really would like to have in this game...or what did those watermills give in which point.

Top Bottom