Questions about The BUG Mod

Yes. We really should fix that up some time...
Oh, I totally agree. Someone should really lift their game and get on that. If only I could remember my password to the wiki site it would have been fixed years ago.

I have one more question about all the mods BUG, BULL and BAT. Do I gain something when I use the SVN versions? (In other words, do the SVN versions differ from the last official builds? Or are the last official builds already the final versions?)

Good question. I think the SVN version is slightly newer. One down side of the SVN version is that it may not be stable.

I have one more question about all the mods BUG, BULL and BAT. Do I gain something when I use the SVN versions? (In other words, do the SVN versions differ from the last official builds? Or are the last official builds already the final versions?)

Note that for BAT, the actual release is the latest version. I don't use the SVN because I can't make it work right.

Note that for BAT, the actual release is the latest version. I don't use the SVN because I can't make it work right.

Thanks. I guess you are the right person to ask my last question. Besides the nice graphics changes, does BAT contain any other components than BUG and BULL?

And btw, will there ever be any newer version of BAT yet?

Thanks. I guess you are the right person to ask my last question. Besides the nice graphics changes, does BAT contain any other components than BUG and BULL?
No, BAT adheres to the BUG policy of no changes to base BTS. If you want BAT with a smarter AI, I also make Better BAT AI. It's BAT with the Better BUG AI mod, and a few extra goodies. The link is in my sig.

And btw, will there ever be any newer version of BAT yet?
I'm toying with making BAT 5.0. I'm still undecided, since the demand is low, but we'll see. :)

What are all of the unit filters on the mid-bottom of the screen and how do I turn them off? Is it listed as military advisor or do I need to look someplace different?

What are all of the unit filters on the mid-bottom of the screen and how do I turn them off? Is it listed as military advisor or do I need to look someplace different?

Is there a read the flipp'n manual icon (note that this is a link to the appropriate page on the wiki!)?

Ok, for sure ... the wiki is pretty crappy. But it is fully fleshed out on the 'Options' tabs. You want the 'Show Mode/Filter Buttons' option.

Oyy - looks like our app support systems are changing. I have got multiple email about some of the support systems changing. We will need to review what we need to do re this.

After a few months without much Civilization, I am trying again to create some documentation for BUG. I am still with the Advanced Scoreboard. After checking with Ruff_hi I still need to confirm a couple of things:

- Stars column, the one that is identified with a V in the Column Order field in the options screen. There is a star for civilizations with vassals. Looks like the color of the star is yellow for your civilization, and silver for other civilizations.

- Screen options -> Include current turn: Includes the current turn in the score delta calculation. If you select this option, the score delta is the variation from last turn to this one. If you don't select it, it is the variation from the start of the current turn.

Can someone confirm we got it right?

Hey guys,

I recently changed computers and had to buy Civ IV Complete from steam as my cd was scratched beyond recognition. I wanted to download the BAT Mod again, but it will not recognize that I own Civ IV BTS. I'm guessing this is because I purchased it through Steam and not off a CD.

I'm hoping there is a quick fix. Can anyone help?

Also, sorry if this has been answered already or if this isn't the proper thread.

Thanks.

Hey guys,

I recently changed computers and had to buy Civ IV Complete from steam as my cd was scratched beyond recognition. I wanted to download the BAT Mod again, but it will not recognize that I own Civ IV BTS. I'm guessing this is because I purchased it through Steam and not off a CD.

I'm hoping there is a quick fix. Can anyone help?

Also, sorry if this has been answered already or if this isn't the proper thread.

Thanks.

This might help.

Ruff_

I tried that.

When I right click the BAT Mod folder on my desktop and go to properties it says the target is "C:\Civ4BeyondSword.exe mod=" BAT Mod 4.1".

Nothing in there about Steam/SteamApps. Did I do something wrong when I originally downloaded the BAT Mod?

I tried pasting in the correct target listed in your solution and it comes back with the error "The name specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct."

Any ideas?

Wait...fixed it. Apparently I had to type that whole long target myself. Seems to be working now.

Thanks guys.

Also, this mod is fantastic by the way.

Sorry but I didn't read the 100 and something pages. This doesn't really seem to be a bug but something left out.

In game when you go to the Sevopedia/Unit Categories/Air Units and you will that none of the units have any strength.

Having trouble installing the BUG Mod.

I have downloaded the most recent version (4.4), and my BtS is patched to the latest version 3.19. I downloaded the installer, and if I choose the Single player option, it installs, completes, but when I launch Civ IV there's nothing different.

If I choose to install as a separate mod, it does say BUG Mod in the top right corner, but I cannot access the BUG Options screen (Ctrl-Alt-O), and nothing is different.

Hope you can help...

Having trouble installing the BUG Mod.

I have downloaded the most recent version (4.4), and my BtS is patched to the latest version 3.19. I downloaded the installer, and if I choose the Single player option, it installs, completes, but when I launch Civ IV there's nothing different.

If I choose to install as a separate mod, it does say BUG Mod in the top right corner, but I cannot access the BUG Options screen (Ctrl-Alt-O), and nothing is different.

Hope you can help...

I've got exactly the same problem. I had it installed before but recently reset my whole system. Now I don't seem to get it to run anymore...

so doesn't anyone have a suggestion what we are doing wrong? some help would be really nice. thank you guys!

Single player puts the code in the custom asset folder under your 'my docs' folder. However, if you select 'locked modified assets' then the BUG code will get ignored. Graphic changes (ie roads, blue marble, etc) won't be ignored and you will see those.

Do you have any Diacritic characters in your windows user name? If so, BUG cannot handle those, thus it cannot locate the BUG folder where the options are kept. I seem to remember a way of telling BUG where it is being stored ... but I think we might have lost our wiki (where that info was). I'll have to look into it.

I'm trying to change the cost of a Sumerian Ziggurat from 90 to 70 in the BAT mod. I do the following, but the change is not reflected in the game:

1. I navigate to the folder C:\Users\AbuHab\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\BAT Mod 4.1\Assets\XML\Buildings
  2. I open the file "CIV4BuildingInfos.xml"
  3. I locate "BUILDING_SUMERIAN_ZIGGURAT"
  4. I change "<iCost>90</iCost>" to "<iCost>70</iCost>"
I previously changed the cost of a unit the same way (using the CIV4UnitInfos file in the BAT mod), and it worked fine. I've also tried changing the cost of a Ziggurat in the CIV4BuildingInfos.xml file my main BTS directory, and that worked fine. I just can't do it with the BAT mod.

As an experiment, I tried completely deleting the CIV4BuildingInfos.xml file from my BAT mod folder, and the BAT mod actually ran fine without it. So I'm assuming the game is actually getting the info in CIV4BuildingInfos.xml from someplace other than the BAT mod folder when I'm running the BAT mod, but I have no idea where.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Top Bottom